Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My moment of peace

4 posters

Go down

My moment of peace Empty My moment of peace

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Totally spoiled by bad smelling food and smooch sounds sponsored by the dude sharing my bench.

So lately, in order to cope up with stuff, I take break in lunch hour, walk to this park place with a cool water fountain, about 10-15 minutes away, and sit here for 20-30 minutes. Here I catch up on iPhone stuff (which doesnt work in the office), or just sit and stare, of sometimes just sit with eyes closed. By the time I go back, I feel better enough to tackle rest of the day.

There are a lot of benches here. And not so surprisingly there are many like me. Some come to eat or read. While many others just come to sit and pass time. There are some tourist types too who think the fountain and random works of art are worth clicking for their picture collection.

Totally spoiled today when this man came to sit next to a woman on the next bench. First I thought he is just asking her permission to sit there. Then they began kissing in between talking. And then he opened his lunch and ugh. Smells so bad. And now they are just chatting and lol.

Stupid middle aged live birds.

Back to top Go down

My moment of peace Empty Re: My moment of peace

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Carrot mooli salad today and this girl is not even Indian! Ugh I'm getting up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

I almost understood that rant

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I almost understood that rant
I am still struggling, mixing up the cast of characters. First I thought it was a boy meets girl story, but the smelly food and the girl that wasn't even Indian got me confused.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 pm

charvaka wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:I almost understood that rant
I am still struggling, mixing up the cast of characters. First I thought it was a boy meets girl story, but the smelly food and the girl that wasn't even Indian got me confused.

the first rant included boy-girl and his smelly food... it's the smelly food that actually annoyed me more. today too a a smelly food incidence occurred. I was sitting peacefully next to a mom playing with 2 babies under two, one of whom kept smiling at me for no reason, and this was a great peice of amusement for the mom and the dad who joined later, and for whom I did NOT vacate the bench. But I was talking out loud on phone, which I think annoyed the girl on my other side, who was reading a book and finally got up. In her place came this mooli girl, and I got up. Finally the dad got to sit.

No wonder my bro says - Chicago is nice, NY is rough.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:.... Ugh I'm getting up.

hope it wasn't to shoo away those pigeons from colonizing the white horizontal cabinet-like random work of modern art Surprised

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:46 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

hope it wasn't to shoo away those pigeons from colonizing the white horizontal cabinet-like random work of modern art Surprised

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

scratch

ah.. looks like you haven't gallivanted enough around the park to be scratch ing at Sol LeWitt's work Surprised

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 pm

I am trying hard to feign ignorance here... pliss to get on with the program.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I am trying hard to feign ignorance here... pliss to get on with the program.

your honesty is so scorching, RSK. you're one of a kind- like a flying elephant I'd have liked to add, but scratch

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:48 am

kokkeelaben = golden. all three responses made me scratch but to be fair, that was followed by Laughing

xoxo, kokkeelaben.

btw, the following line by ms auntrivedi confirms that the process of auntification is now complete.

...of sometimes just sit with eyes closed.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:31 am

Another Brick wrote:kokkeelaben = golden. all three responses made me scratch but to be fair, that was followed by Laughing

xoxo, kokkeelaben.

Methinks he was telling me he knows exactly what place I'm talking about.
Another Brick wrote:
btw, the following line by ms auntrivedi confirms that the process of auntification is now complete.

...of sometimes just sit with eyes closed.

*lol* and *blush* well this is a trick I learned while commuting in the train for many years. Earlier no matter what i did i could not sleep in a moving anything. Now i do this. Just close your eyes and see where it leads you. Either it'll end up in a cat nap or you will end up feeling a tad bit refreshed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:12 am

i once saw an auntie doing a little jig while fueling her car at a gas station. i am sure oprah told them to use that time to exercise. that's the baseline for super-auntiedom and i hope you are far from it.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 am

Another Brick wrote:i once saw an auntie doing a little jig while fueling her car at a gas station. i am sure oprah told them to use that time to exercise. that's the baseline for super-auntiedom and i hope you are far from it.
[b]

Yeah I am. Phew.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Oh and my trick was taught to me by my'self'.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Oh and my trick was taught to me by my'self'.

With eyes wide shut, just follow the the in-outs of breathing -I mean your breathing- it guarantees a good refreshing feel, that i can vouch for Smile

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

With eyes wide shut, just follow the the in-outs of breathing -I mean your breathing- it guarantees a good refreshing feel, that i can vouch for Smile
All right. Is there a soul hack in the house? Or are we getting some Kokkeleaks?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 pm

charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

All right. Is there a soul hack in the house? Or are we getting some Kokkeleaks?

ok, editing.. these sentences are waaaaay too simple for seoulhack... and the grammar contains on GRE list words. My money is on Kokeeleaks, except why am I being shadowed and not impy?

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

ok, editing.. these sentences are waaaaay too simple for seoulhack... and the grammar contains on GRE list words. My money is on Kokeeleaks, except why am I being shadowed and not impy?

ok. which train this evening, the 5:08 or the 5:28 sunny

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:30 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Shocked now that would be seo... what's going on here...

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

well now... are you Very Happy or Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

first tell who you? Here's a quiz for you... you are in a plane with maria, impy and tracy. Plane is about to crash, and there are only three parachutes. You are the captain. What will you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

first tell who you? Here's a quiz for you... you are in a plane with maria, impy and tracy. Plane is about to crash, and there are only three parachutes. You are the captain. What will you do?

there is no question. will give you one each - I fly like a bird, anyway Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Hello kokkee.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
charvaka wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Hello kokkee.

ah..birds have soul too silent

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Hello kokkee.
Perhaps you should test him in the verse department now. I suspect he may pass with flying colors.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down