Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

that duh moment

Go down

that duh moment  Empty that duh moment

Post by Guest Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 am

If your child is anything like mine, you will often find new cosmetic products on your bathroom counters. Mine leaves them there for various reasons. Sometimes she simply forgets to take it back; sometimes she thinks I can use some; sometimes she has a spare; or sometimes she is discarding some products she got and doesn’t want, mostly peaches and pink lipsticks and eye palettes. Sometimes she steals your stuff too, but that’s another struggle altogether. And to complete the scenarios, sometimes you also steal stuff from them, for example, I often go to her room to steal rubber bands and nail polish removers, and those are the times we fight like sisters.

So given this history, you are getting ready in the morning, and you see a peach colored lip gloss that you haven’t used so far. This is one of the 3 peach or pink lipstick/gloss that she has left in your box. Today you are in the mood for something new and shiny, so you pick it up and roll it across your lips. It glides fairly easily, leaving you impressed. It feels good and cool. You pause. ‘Cool? Why is it so cool? Is this…’, so you pick up the tube and read the print. Yep, you guessed it right. It’s an eye serum! You remember she had got it for you in winter coz she had loved hers and bought one for you too.

Then you spend next 5 seconds thinking if you should keep it on or wash it off. After all, what is good for your eye bags should also be good for your lips, your logical side reasons. Then the experienced side of you reminds you that your lips swell in most kinds of allergic reactions. How will you go to work with those? But then, your colleagues are by now very well aware of this condition. To the point that they pick restaurants and monitor the ingredients you are eating just so that you don’t sit there the rest of the afternoon with increasingly swollen lips. Even then, you decide today is not the day you want botox lips, coz let’s face it, it’s very annoying and painful. By this time the 5 seconds of decision are finished. Your cautious side takes over, and you quickly lean down and wash your lips vigorously with cold water.

Been 3 hours since, and still feeling a tingle in my lips, but hopefully, this is just psychological.

Back to top Go down

that duh moment  Empty Re: that duh moment

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:40 am

I lost missing to read somewhere in between, because I realized this post of yours is to show that you are a female? Feminine?

What kinda shit is this?

Just to make you understand, should I post here how I talk to my best friend in Tennesse? Here is an example:

Me: Maadarchod, kabhi phone kar liya kar!
He: Chootiye, apna voicemail check kar, I called U 2 days ago.
Me: Pootni ke, that was when U were driving to St Louis, does not count.
He: Gaandu, wo sab chhod, how is xxx and yyy?
Me: Kutte, dont try to change the topic.

And so on.

So?

Thats the "duh" of my life.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:21 am

correction. peaches and pink lipsticks and [natural hues] eye palettes

Also, TS, you are weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content