Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supreme Sri

5 posters

Go down

Supreme Sri Empty Supreme Sri

Post by Petrichor Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 am

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/04/sri-srinivasan-dc-circuit-nominee-supreme-court.html

"Plus, if Srinivasan runs the confirmation gauntlet now, it will be difficult for Republicans to argue that he’s unconfirmable just months later. His credentials would surely appeal to Obama, who has a fondness for technocrats, and his thin paper trail would make him difficult to attack. Which is why it looks very much like this hearing isn’t just a test for Srinivasan—it’s a dress rehearsal."

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Supreme Sri Empty Re: Supreme Sri

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 am

If Sriniavasan adn Kamala both win confirmation on the supreme court, it will be funny that 2 tamilians can converse in Tamil in US Supreme court than 2 Indians speaking in Tamil in Indian Supreme Court.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:30 am

Will they share thayir saadam? Or has Kamala migrated to arugula greens/barbecued meat, sweet cornbread, fried chicken?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Will they share thayir saadam? Or has Kamala migrated to arugula greens/barbecued meat, sweet cornbread, fried chicken?

I ead long back that her mother Shyama took her to India on summers and she wore bindi and saree spoke Tamil, and were accepted well by her grandparents, etc... I think she would be living on both sides like most ABCDs seem to do after marriage.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Will they share thayir saadam? Or has Kamala migrated to arugula greens/barbecued meat, sweet cornbread, fried chicken?

I ead long back that her mother Shyama took her to India on summers and she wore bindi and saree spoke Tamil, and were accepted well by her grandparents, etc... I think she would be living on both sides like most ABCDs seem to do after marriage.

I am surrounded by cynics who always go, "what a college essay she must have had !?!"

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I am surrounded by cynics who always go, "what a college essay she must have had !?!"

But she went to Howard and she would have got admission with a blank paper for an essay. That will be a huge plus for her to stamp her "Blackness" over her Iyerdom. Come to think of it she will be accepted as a "real American" more widely than Jindal, Haley, or Sri. Pretty much along Obama-traits (although his mother was white).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Both Jindal and his wife never ever bring up their Indian heritage. They try to hide it all the time. In fact, they say they are Lousianians. That is how Jindal made it to governorship.

Kamala Harris has to do the same if she has any political ambition. You are better off even if both of your parents are Africans. But none of them could be Indian.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Rishi wrote:Both Jindal and his wife never ever bring up their Indian heritage. They try to hide it all the time. In fact, they say they are Lousianians. That is how Jindal made it to governorship.

Kamala Harris has to do the same if she has any political ambition. You are better off even if both of your parents are Africans. But none of them could be Indian.

scratch

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:58 pm

GK,

I am also scratching my head now that I read what I wrote.

What meant to say was that Indians are less accepted in America compared to other ethnic groups.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:11 pm

not holding my breath. the republicans are hell bent on making sure this doesn't happen.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:not holding my breath. the republicans are hell bent on making sure this doesn't happen.

Have a hunch that she will stand for cali Governor and then perhaps VP if Hilary fails in her prez bid. She is simply following Jerry.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down