Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for the tech-savvy folks here

Go down

Question for the tech-savvy folks here Empty Question for the tech-savvy folks here

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 2:29 pm

How much do you care about having threaded view for CH? It looks like vBulletin supports it out of the box, but it is not free and they don't offer a trial version. However, you can see how the threaded view works by going to this forum and clicking on any thread that has multiple replies in it. vBulletin Sample Forum with Threaded View. The concept of the interface is vaguely similar to the CH interface of 4 years ago. If there is sufficient interest, I am willing to put the money down and test it.

I am OK with the current view, but was looking to see if threaded view is possible here. This forum is built on the free, open-source phpBB3 platform. Threaded view does not come out-of-the-box in phpBB3, but I am looking at the possibility of modifications that may enable it.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Question for the tech-savvy folks here Empty Re: Question for the tech-savvy folks here

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 2:42 pm

charvaka wrote:How much do you care about having threaded view for CH? It looks like vBulletin supports it out of the box, but it is not free and they don't offer a trial version. However, you can see how the threaded view works by going to this forum and clicking on any thread that has multiple replies in it. vBulletin Sample Forum with Threaded View. The concept of the interface is vaguely similar to the CH interface of 4 years ago. If there is sufficient interest, I am willing to put the money down and test it.

I am OK with the current view, but was looking to see if threaded view is possible here. This forum is built on the free, open-source phpBB3 platform. Threaded view does not come out-of-the-box in phpBB3, but I am looking at the possibility of modifications that may enable it.
Also check out the hybrid view -- towards the top of the page, there is a Display option on the right; pick hybrid there.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down