Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech Question: Virtual Secure Notepad/software? Any ideas/suggestion?

2 posters

Go down

Tech Question: Virtual Secure Notepad/software? Any ideas/suggestion? Empty Tech Question: Virtual Secure Notepad/software? Any ideas/suggestion?

Post by FluteHolder Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Is there any secure, virtual notepad software where one can jot notes/draw diagrams in a browser based setup and NOT necessarily in an installed software. I know there are lots of evernote, onenote, google , other but donot want to use any such main services where there is no guaranty your info is private. 

Alternatively, can run your own server and access (the doc/note) it thru a browser and open and store in your private server only. Still if you access that doc thru remotely via browser, how one can have a secure way that whatever you open/read/write/update is NOT stored in any browser cache or whichever pc you use it to access your home server remotely?

(I have couple of old PCs which I am yet to work on installing some unix/linux which I can use it to host my server).

Thanks for your help in advance..

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Tech Question: Virtual Secure Notepad/software? Any ideas/suggestion? Empty Re: Tech Question: Virtual Secure Notepad/software? Any ideas/suggestion?

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:20 pm

I have heard good things about turtl. I haven't used it myself but know someone who does.

With any app where they just got data,, you will have to trust the company to honor their terms of service though, which isn't a perpetual guarantee. I don't know of any alternatives to host your own data.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Tech Question: Virtual Secure Notepad/software? Any ideas/suggestion? Empty Re: Tech Question: Virtual Secure Notepad/software? Any ideas/suggestion?

Post by FluteHolder Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks. Will look into that. 

I do not need much storage for my notes. (let us say just one large file/log of key info/daily notes). I just need a secure place to store and access from anywhere. And I donot want any browser which can store my notes/data even temporarily. So having my own server will achieve this a bit but what about browser cache from a remote location if I access my home server?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down