Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

+32
Obnoxious
Tejpal Singh Iyer
michelle2
noisy_dravidfan
b_A
Idéfix
Jebediah Mburuburu
churi.
Bittu
Another Brick
seven
Kris
Impedimenta
Admin
Captain Bhankas
Nila
goodcitizn
garam_kuta
bw
indophile
Maria S
ashaNirasha
pravalika nanda
Rekz
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
ashdoc
Propagandhi711
Hellsangel
Merlot Daruwala
Jeremiah Mburuburu
36 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
i cook very well, but these days, not often. last week, i invited a bunch of people to dinner. if you want to know what i served, you'll have to beg. this much, i can say: one dish was probably maharashtrian - it had black mustard seeds cracked in hot oil in it; another was mildly spiced, and bengali, and a third, of u.p. origin.

your challenge, however is preposterous. it makes it seem as if boobsy is posting pics of dishes that he has made, himself; but he only posts pics of dishes that his slave ganpath ram and his battered wife make!

you've heard the doctors' credo: "first do no harm." when boobsy stops posting pics of the shit shTtuff that goes down his alimentary canal - he doesn't even need to post pics of interesting dishes - i'll take your words a little more seriously.

yes, pressulu?
you have gone insane. let me try too.

i drive very well. but these days not often for my driver drives me around. last week i drove to big bazar, a full 800 metres away. you don't have to beg for the distance i drove for i will tel you if you ask. another time i drove to some'pur and back. i ate salted peanuts for lunch (bought from a roadside stall) on the way. you will have to beg me to discover how many kilometres i covered.

you've heard the doctor's credo. have you heard it or NOT? HAVE YOU HEARD THE DOCTOR'S CREDO? HAVE YOU EATEN SALTED PEANUTS?

Back to top Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Achachan Jebz, has the great glut Admin heard your pitiful cries for attention?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Seafood Brodetto

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 YSMbEyW

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:16 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Seafood Brodetto

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 YSMbEyW

did you cook or have it cooked or did it come out of a box?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:53 am

It was at Olive Garden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:42 am

kothamalli satham (coriander rice). very aromatic. in the rice continuum (lemon rice, tamarind rice, mango rice...) this one is the best. A++

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Imag0815

the younger had it with an omelette, ha ha! (i had it stand alone)

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Imag0816

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:04 am

oh, forgot to add: god bless you impy. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:59 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
the younger had it with an omelette, ha ha!
come to think of it, this rice, wrapped in an omelette would make for a nice indian style omurice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:kothamalli satham (coriander rice). very aromatic. in the rice continuum (lemon rice, tamarind rice, mango rice...) this one is the best. A++

"the younger had it with an omelette, ha ha!" scratch 

"i had it stand alone" scratch

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:22 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:kothamalli satham (coriander rice). very aromatic. in the rice continuum (lemon rice, tamarind rice, mango rice...) this one is the best. A++

should i take it as a personal improvement the fact that you have stopped insulting my food pics and started correcting my english instead? you like the kothamalli satham pic? or, wait, you are not dissing it 'cos it was impy's recipe; hai na?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 am

phlegmy,
are you still having wet dreams of hk wearing diaphenous tshirt and coming out of the pool in slo-mo and are you still masterbaiting to those brain movies?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:29 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

phlegmy,
are you still having wet dreams of hk wearing diaphenous tshirt and coming out of the pool in slo-mo and are you still masterbaiting to those brain movies?
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT3jqPCaIhdnE90p8I4OuXzbZ5PREzulDPWJtDXcjP7IQOdgmF

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 am

Achachan Jebz has special love for HK and has been trying for access for a long time now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

phlegmy,
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT3jqPCaIhdnE90p8I4OuXzbZ5PREzulDPWJtDXcjP7IQOdgmF

oh no. achari jebz will have to cry into his soft foods and finely ground gruel at this denial of access

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:00 am

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Imag0815

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Imag0816

awesome! I cannot see the picture from work but it is one of my mother's recipe. Glad to share it with you. I do not have the privilege of asking anyone[there is no one to ask] to cook my childhood food indulgences so I learnt to do it myself, over the years:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:53 pm

i am still burping coriander (snacked on coriander-rice in the evening). tomorrow ganpath is going to try an omurice with the leftover. if it turns out good and pic. worthy, i'll give him 6 michelin stars. otherwise 5. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:03 am

omurice

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Omuric10

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:03 pm

what is omurice? rice stuffed tortillas?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what is omurice? rice stuffed tortillas?

Rice stuffed omelettes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:06 pm

nenu wrote:

Rice stuffed omelettes.
Ha ha ha! Not very puritan for Il Professore.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

Rice stuffed omelettes.

Of all the varieties of rice, it's kothamalli satham stuffed omelettes! Blasphemy! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

Rice stuffed omelettes.

i'm trying to get to a fitter place and it's right now not happening with just exercise. i need to cut down on the calories. i have decided to check into this thread right before i eat to accomplish my goals.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:

Rice stuffed omelettes.

i'm trying to get to a fitter place and it's right now not happening with just exercise. i need to cut down on the calories. i have decided to check into this thread right before i eat to accomplish my goals.
LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:37 am

one of MD's posts made me long for dabba gosht. older was in mumbai visiting his cousins -- he returned last night. my cousin, a big foodie himself, lovingly sent me a packet of dabba gosht (being last night's dinner):

gosht:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Imag0811

dabba:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Imag0812

compliments of my cousin:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Compli10

the name "dabba gosht" sounds exotic but there is nothing authentic about this dish i feel. it is a fusion dish. "persian darbar" added spaghetti to it. (persian darbar is well known -- esp. for their raan masala biryani which the older loved -- and their recipe can't be wrong). cheese and eggs are an integral part of dabba gosht. the mutton comprises of soft liver pieces. it tasted good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:20 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:one of MD's posts made me long for dabba gosht. older was in mumbai visiting his cousins -- he returned last night. my cousin, a big foodie himself, lovingly sent me a packet of dabba gosht (being last night's dinner):

the name "dabba gosht" sounds exotic but there is nothing authentic about this dish i feel. it is a fusion dish. "persian darbar" added spaghetti to it. (persian darbar is well known -- esp. for their raan masala biryani which the older loved -- and their recipe can't be wrong). cheese and eggs are an integral part of dabba gosht. the mutton comprises of soft liver pieces. it tasted good.

Oh didn't realize your son was here. Persian Darbar is one of my favorite places and not too far from where I stay. I love their mutton biryani as well.

Dabba gosht is an oddity not only in terms of the ingredients (egg, cheese, spahgetti etc) but also because it is baked rather than cooked or grilled. The dabba refers to the baking dish. My guess is that it is some innovative Ganpath's desi rendition of the traditional lamb casserole that memsaab taught him.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:26 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:My guess is that it is some innovative Ganpath's desi rendition of the traditional lamb casserole that memsaab taught him.
ha ha ha! you nailed it. kid was in mumbai for a few days. he had to return last night for tonight they leave for singapore-thailand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:18 am

i just can't bring myself to eating offal. i am sure i am missing out on a lot of interesting dishes because of that.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i just can't bring myself to eating offal. i am sure i am missing out on a lot of interesting dishes because of that.
maybe you'll like it if your brain is tricked. Razz liver pate on toast: pate de foie gras. (incidentally, adding random consonants to the name of the dish will make it tastier. Razz )

older loves fried chicken liver. i can eat it once a year -- he can eat it everyday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:00 am

i forwarded a link of this page to my cousin in mumbai (who had sent me dabba gosht). he was very impressed by my pic. of omurice! he has decided to replicate it. Smile this has made the effort i put into this thread worth it for me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:36 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:i just can't bring myself to eating offal. i am sure i am missing out on a lot of interesting dishes because of that.
maybe you'll like it if your brain is tricked. Razz liver pate on toast: pate de foie gras. (incidentally, adding random consonants to the name of the dish will make it tastier. Razz )

older loves fried chicken liver. i can eat it once a year -- he can eat it everyday.

haha. when i was a kid, i ate something that was very chewy. someone said that is must be kaleji. i don't know. but that's the last time i tried non-muscle meat.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 am

a caterer in the canteen of my office makes omurice and names it om rice. the first and the last time i tried it was some two months ago. it was tasty but the portion was too much for me. i am thinking of making it at home.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:42 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:a caterer in the canteen of my office makes omurice and names it om rice.
rofl 

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 am

yes. i will post a pic when he makes it.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:17 am

breakfast in pattaya looks really good. (sent by younger.)

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Img-2010

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Img-2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:55 am

tom yam kung (tom yum soup). bangkok.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Tom_ya10

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 am

In sickular, fukular solidarity with Upps Aunty who is being forced to fast this entire month by her conqueror, I headed out to Mohammad Ali Road last night and pigged (heh! sorry aunty) out on baida roti, mutton rolls and those obscenely large and utterly sinful malpuas. Absolutely delicious - every bite of every item.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:01 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:In sickular, fukular solidarity with Upps Aunty who is being forced to fast this entire month by her conqueror, I headed out to Mohammad Ali Road last night and pigged (heh! sorry aunty) out on baida roti, mutton rolls and those obscenely large and utterly sinful malpuas. Absolutely delicious - every bite of every item.

Pliss to specify how many bites of each. 1, 3, or 5?

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:07 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:In sickular, fukular solidarity with Upps Aunty who is being forced to fast this entire month by her conqueror, I headed out to Mohammad Ali Road last night and pigged (heh! sorry aunty) out on baida roti, mutton rolls and those obscenely large and utterly sinful malpuas. Absolutely delicious - every bite of every item.

Pliss to specify how many bites of each. 1, 3, or 5?

Haha..1 baida roti, 2 mutton rolls and half a malpua (and another half this morning, post-breakfast).
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:tom yam kung (tom yum soup). bangkok.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Tom_ya10

your kid's pictures are more interesting than yours. he seems to have an eye for food photography.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:02 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
your kid's pictures are more interesting than yours. he seems to have an eye for food photography.  
thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 am

lobsters and crabs. singapore.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Lobste10

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Crabs210

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Img-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:43 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:lobsters and crabs. singapore.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Lobste10

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Crabs210

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 7 Img-2012
neither looks very good. the lobster without any sauce looks too dry. i wonder if there's some kind of creamy sauce on it, or is it cheese? lobster is best eaten the american way, dipped in melted butter. even better if it's eaten on a pier in maine. the crab floating in gravy doesn't look good either. the gravy may be good with white rice, but crab in a curry is pointless.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:54 pm

anything is better than that OP-laced lunch in patna.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:54 pm

thank you jebediah for clicking on the link. i agree that crabs in a curry in not as good as boiled crabs with butter and salt. i am no food connoisseur btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:anything is better than that OP-laced lunch in patna.
what is "OP-laced lunch in patna?"

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:anything is better than that OP-laced lunch in patna.
what is "OP-laced lunch in patna?"

please read the news.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:03 pm

sorry, here's the link.
 http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/17/us-india-chidren-poison-idUSBRE96G0AY20130717
the indian govt's insecticide-lunch fusion experiment gone slightly awry.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:11 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:sorry, here's the link.
 http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/17/us-india-chidren-poison-idUSBRE96G0AY20130717
the indian govt's insecticide-lunch fusion experiment gone slightly awry.
yes i had read the news but could not connect. actually, i did not check for where it had happened and i just turned the page. i am inured and uncaring.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Of course, you should not care too much; I don't. I was surprised more than anything.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:Of course, you should not care too much; I don't.
i edited my post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next