Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mother's day

4 posters

Go down

mother's day Empty mother's day

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 10, 2013 11:54 am

what's with this mother's day business? my wife keeps dropping me hints which I've successfully managed to not 'get' so far, that I need to give her some gifts via our kid for the weekend. it never ends, mother's day, b'day, anniversary, columbus day, chacha nehru day...fuck! it's not the expense, it's the effort it takes me to go get some meaningless crap that she neither needs or wants....waste of frigging energy, cutting into my TV time, poker time etc. this gifting culture got to stop.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

mother's day Empty Re: mother's day

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:what's with this mother's day business? my wife keeps dropping me hints which I've successfully managed to not 'get' so far, that I need to give her some gifts via our kid for the weekend. it never ends, mother's day, b'day, anniversary, columbus day, chacha nehru day...fuck! it's not the expense, it's the effort it takes me to go get some meaningless crap that she neither needs or wants....waste of frigging energy, cutting into my TV time, poker time etc. this gifting culture got to stop.

I am with you pal... was telling someone it is better to remember the mother all through the year or once a week, rather than one day a year and forget about her. This is another American method to wash their own guilt (apart from the Kansas City looters strategy).

Tell her you have headache this entire week...Razz Besides admit that you are too dumb to understand hints unless the request for a gift is submitted in triplicate.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Reminds me, have to buy flowers for mom. Not doing anything this Mother's day. I mean what's the point in ME taking kids out to eat. K's fam here is calling over, let's see. No energy to drive so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:what's with this mother's day business? my wife keeps dropping me hints which I've successfully managed to not 'get' so far, that I need to give her some gifts via our kid for the weekend. it never ends, mother's day, b'day, anniversary, columbus day, chacha nehru day...fuck! it's not the expense, it's the effort it takes me to go get some meaningless crap that she neither needs or wants....waste of frigging energy, cutting into my TV time, poker time etc. this gifting culture got to stop.

I am with you pal... was telling someone it is better to remember the mother all through the year or once a week, rather than one day a year and forget about her. This is another American method to wash their own guilt (apart from the Kansas City looters strategy).

Tell her you have headache this entire week...Razz Besides admit that you are too dumb to understand hints unless the request for a gift is submitted in triplicate.

I just plead stress and look annoyed. that usually kills the hint dropping but this time it's not. am getting stressed now for real

Last edited by Propagandhi711 on Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 pm

sanjeev kapoor has been spamming my fb newsfeed with mothers' day recipes for the last few days. i am surprised this day extends beyond a day! in any case, i found only this a trifle interesting:

http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/kungpao-potatoes-teenpatti-foodfood.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 10, 2013 2:01 pm

India now celebrates Mother's Day? Only for a day like US?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 11, 2013 11:25 am

...Mom's day is the most popular day...for women.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 am

I knew someone who met the 'love of her life' via Ashley Madison. Soon after, they both stopped cheating on their spouses and got openly together with each other. Both are indians. She got divorced a year later. The affair didn't last more than 2-3 years though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 11, 2013 11:50 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I knew someone who met the 'love of her life' via Ashley Madison. Soon after, they both stopped cheating on their spouses and got openly together with each other. Both are indians. She got divorced a year later. The affair didn't last more than 2-3 years though.

.....What happened? They both of have found their mutual love of their lives - yet again.

Apparently, he husband-wife pair that started and own "Ashley Madison" are not members of the site and faithful to each other and married to each other for a long long time (some 25+ years if I remember).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:I knew someone who met the 'love of her life' via Ashley Madison. Soon after, they both stopped cheating on their spouses and got openly together with each other. Both are indians. She got divorced a year later. The affair didn't last more than 2-3 years though.

.....What happened? They both of have found their mutual love of their lives - yet again.

It died its own natural death. Outcome might have been the same, AM or no AM. She did grieve for months, but I believe she began dating again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

It died its own natural death. Outcome might have been the same, AM or no AM. She did grieve for months, but I believe she began dating again.

Guess this is what you call "love and cherish till death do us apart"

We have been misinterpreting this all along.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 11, 2013 1:07 pm

prop,
you should be happy that she still cares enough to hint for a gift. you still have time to wake up and act. you can negotiate for some benefit.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Vidya, connection of your story to Mother's Day? Tbt, it's the thought of having to think about a gift that pains me

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:Vidya, connection of your story to Mother's Day? Tbt, it's the thought of having to think about a gift that pains me

the link upps posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Uppili still trying to get some within the confines of marriage..he appears to be an evergreen optimist and must not experience boredom

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:Uppili still trying to get some within the confines of marriage..he appears to be an evergreen optimist and must not experience boredom

Dude....

A marriage without boredom can only be an "open marriage."

I follow Gita: "Do your duty and expect nothing in return" and looks like my God really meant it when he said that.

Now, if only I can find a real-life Gita in Kansas...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down