Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very selfish and evil desi

3 posters

Go down

Very selfish and evil  desi Empty Very selfish and evil desi

Post by Rishi Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 am

Hills: What was it like to tell your dad?

Suri: My dad was much later. He had already met my partner of many years. I’d been writing letters that were more and more revealing, I thought, about our relationship. And in 2002, he asked me a question which just left me dumbfounded. He asked me if I wanted to marry this 20-year-old daughter of his friend. And I said, my God, how can you ask me that. First of all, she’s so young. I’m about twice her age. And secondly, don’t you know that I’ve been in a gay relationship for all these years. And he said no, I don’t. I mean, he said no. Then he kept looking at me and the look on his face suggested that he was still waiting to hear about the marriage proposition, was I interested or not, which I hadn’t technically answered. He was just as loving as before, he asked about my partner each time I called him, and I was always looking forward to talking to him at length about it on my next visit to India. But unfortunately, he passed away maybe three months after that.

http://www.theworld.org/2013/06/indian-american-author-manil-suri-says-supreme-court-rulings-will-carry-moral-weight-globally/

Very bad and selfish.
Manil Suri's father did not think twice about what he was doing. He was willing to destroy the life of a 20 year old girl so he could somehow "cure" his 40 year old son from the disease of gayness.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Very selfish and evil  desi Empty Re: Very selfish and evil desi

Post by nevada Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Rishi wrote:Hills: What was it like to tell your dad?

Suri: My dad was much later. He had already met my partner of many years. I’d been writing letters that were more and more revealing, I thought, about our relationship. And in 2002, he asked me a question which just left me dumbfounded. He asked me if I wanted to marry this 20-year-old daughter of his friend. And I said, my God, how can you ask me that. First of all, she’s so young. I’m about twice her age. And secondly, don’t you know that I’ve been in a gay relationship for all these years. And he said no, I don’t. I mean, he said no. Then he kept looking at me and the look on his face suggested that he was still waiting to hear about the marriage proposition, was I interested or not, which I hadn’t technically answered. He was just as loving as before, he asked about my partner each time I called him, and I was always looking forward to talking to him at length about it on my next visit to India. But unfortunately, he passed away maybe three months after that.

http://www.theworld.org/2013/06/indian-american-author-manil-suri-says-supreme-court-rulings-will-carry-moral-weight-globally/

Very bad and selfish.
Manil Suri's  father did not think twice about what he was doing. He was willing to destroy the life of a 20 year old girl so he could somehow "cure" his 40 year old son from the disease of gayness.

Maybe he was not evil but naive in thinking that a young girl could cure his son of his perverted ways. Which father will just give up on a son?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:16 pm

nevada wrote:

Very bad and selfish.
Manil Suri's  father did not think twice about what he was doing. He was willing to destroy the life of a 20 year old girl so he could somehow "cure" his 40 year old son from the disease of gayness.

Maybe he was not evil but naive in thinking that a young girl could cure his son of his perverted ways. Which father will just give up on a son?

I should think so, too..his father must have been a believer of 'marriage cures the young and restless people's 'bad habits'

- i just can't help writing about one of K'dhi's wedding(2006 or so) to a <20 year old brahmin girl who according to astrology had great 'thAli bAkyam/sumangali bAkyam' - well.. it's been 7 years and he is still going  and going and going... ain't he? so it must be true, eh?Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:28 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
nevada wrote:

Very bad and selfish.

I should think so, too..his father must have been a believer of 'marriage cures the young and restless people's 'bad habits'

- i just can't help writing about one of K'dhi's wedding(2006 or so) to a <20 year old brahmin girl who according to astrology had great 'thAli bAkyam/sumangali bAkyam' - well.. it's been 7 years and he is still going  and going and going... ain't he? so it must be true, eh?:P

GK,

This is quite shocking!

Never heard of this one. Is there any website with information about this.

I have heard of Gemini Ganesan getting married to some young girl from Singapore.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
nevada wrote:

Very bad and selfish.

- i just can't help writing about one of K'dhi's wedding(2006 or so) to a <20 year old brahmin girl who according to astrology had great 'thAli bAkyam/sumangali bAkyam' - well.. it's been 7 years and he is still going  and going and going... ain't he? so it must be true, eh?Razz

Wow, old man K'nidhi turning out to be cat of 9 wives! These people do all kinds of despicable things in the name of astrology. Some say that a former CM of AP used to kill little kids as "Nara Bali" with the belief that it would strengthen and prolong his life!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Ganesan's fourth and last wife, whom he married at the age of 78 was a then 36-year old Julianna. Juliana had left her job and relations, to be near her husband, who said he needed a younger wife to attend on him, as age had caught up with Bobji."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_Ganesan

If you are 78, you need a nurse not a wife to attend on you.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:48 pm

If that's for a backgrounder, the real problem arose when Gemini Ganesan married a fourth time, at the young age of 78. That was last year, and his new bride was 36-year-old Juliana, a native of Bangalore then working in Singapore. Juliana left her job and people, to be near her husband, who said he needed a younger wife to attend on him, as first-wife Babji too was advancing in years.

If the twosome started living in a rented accommodation in Madras, with Gemini himself hurtling to and from his original home, the bliss was not to last long. According to Juliana, her husband got admitted to GG nursing home in February this year, but never returned home. Her attempts to see him at the nursing home also did not bear fruit. She blamed Gemini's first family for that.

Soon came the news of Gemini being flown to the side of his daughter in the US, and Juliana started talking freely to the media. That was when she recalled, how Gemini Ganesan had run shouting around the Elliots Beach in Madras one night, that he could not live without her, and how he was touched and moved by such an expression of love, which she thought was lacking in the old man's life.

According to Juliana, she was soon being threatened by a lawyer and those claiming to be friends of the first family, wanting her to stay away from Gemini Ganesan's life. They also reportedly offered her monetary compensation, for returning to her old life and employment. She even claimed to have been threatened, and had her mangalsutra snatched away. Juliana would have none of it, not at least until she had seen her husband and talked it out with him.

If someone thought that it was the last of Juliana that he had heard, when the media was full of politics and elections, that was not to be. She has sprouted all over again, this time writing to Chief Minister Karunanidhi, detailing her troubles, and seeking his intervention, for reuniting with her husband.

"Today, I have been pushed out of our rented accommodation, and I have been living by selling my jewellery," she has said in the letter to the chief minister. According to her, Gemini Ganesan had talked to her twice from the US, and also once from Madras in August this year, when he was in town, but was again flown back. Then again, the chubby woman says, her attempts to meet her husband at GG nursing home had been thwarted.

The interesting part of the letter is Juliana's claim that her marriage with Gemini Ganesan had been blessed by the chief minister. However, official sources have not taken kindly to the letter getting into the Tamil media.

As is known Gemini Ganesan and Juliana had a civil marriage, under the Indian Marriage Act.

Gemini is said to own vast real estate in Madras and elsewhere - and that, as the grapevine has it, is the central issue.

http://www.rediff.com/news/1999/nov/27gem.htm

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down