Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel

+11
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
pravalika nanda
Vakavaka Pakapaka
truthbetold
Merlot Daruwala
Jebediah Mburuburu
Seva Lamberdar
goodcitizn
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel Empty Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:46 am

.......next time u plan to visit Ganges, think about taking your holy dip.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel Empty Re: Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:17 am

you mean think twice.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel Empty Re: Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:18 am

it is flowing water. once they figure out how to treat the sewage water before it goes into the Ganges then the water will become fine once again. no need to panic or get upset.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:23 am

Rashmun wrote:it is flowing water. once they figure out how to treat the sewage water before it goes into the Ganges then the water will become fine once again. no need to panic or get upset.

You will need Southie engineers to solve your Gigantically, Gangetic pollution problem. But, no southie is willing to come to allahabad to work.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:23 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:it is flowing water. once they figure out how to treat the sewage water before it goes into the Ganges then the water will become fine once again. no need to panic or get upset.

You will need Southie engineers to solve your Gigantically, Gangetic pollution problem.  But, no southie is willing to come to allahabad to work.

what about Adi Sankaracharya?

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:27 am

The slogan ought to be "Take a dip in the Ganges, die and reach instant moksha."

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:04 am

You will need Southie engineers to solve your Gigantically, Gangetic pollution problem.  But, no southie is willing to come to allahabad to work.

northies already know from the example of Max that no southie is willing to come to Allahbad or Varanasi to work to clean the Ganges, in spite of the fact that many southies regularly go to those places to throw the ashes of their dead and take a dip in the Ganges thus adding to the pollution in its water.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:38 am

i was looking at the photographs in the link. they tell a horrible story about the Hindus of india. they and they alone should be held responsible for turning my country into heaps of trash, pools of shit, and a stinking mass of bloated, decaying, dead, human bodies.

read this:

...the Ganga is the recipient of some of the worst abuse on the planet. Close to a billion gallons of raw sewage gushes into the Ganges each day,... turning the river into... a slow-flowing sewer,... untreated human waste is the single largest contributor of pollution to the Ganges...

industrial waste from leather, paper, sugar, and brass factories... contributes to the toxic flow of the Ganges... the practice of dumping the dead into the Ganges... to set their loved ones afloat. The bodies are then left to bloat and decompose into the river bed... Pollution spikes during pilgrimages...

Once every 12 years, 100 million Hindus take a pilgrimage to Allahabad, India, where the Ganges and Yamuna rivers meet, and immerse themselves in the water hoping to cleanse their sins. Because the Ganges is worshipped for its divine connection to the Hindu gods, many leave offerings to float along the river's surface, including the dead.

now read the comments - below the linked article - of a shocked world.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:41 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
i was looking at the photographs in the link. they tell a horrible story about the Hindus of india. they and they alone should be held responsible for turning my country into heaps of trash, pools of shit, and a stinking mass of bloated, decaying, dead, human bodies.

read this:

...the Ganga is the recipient of some of the worst abuse on the planet. Close to a billion gallons of raw sewage gushes into the Ganges each day,... turning the river into... a slow-flowing sewer,... untreated human waste is the single largest contributor of pollution to the Ganges...

industrial waste from leather, paper, sugar, and brass factories... contributes to the toxic flow of the Ganges... the practice of dumping the dead into the Ganges... to set their loved ones afloat. The bodies are then left to bloat and decompose into the river bed... Pollution spikes during pilgrimages...

Once every 12 years, 100 million Hindus take a pilgrimage to Allahabad, India, where the Ganges and Yamuna rivers meet, and immerse themselves in the water hoping to cleanse their sins. Because the Ganges is worshipped for its divine connection to the Hindu gods, many leave offerings to float along the river's surface, including the dead.

is the damage irreversible? Considering that this is running water once we figure out how to treat the sewage water effectively before discharging it into the river and also ensure that bodies are cremated before immersion will not the problem not get solved?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:00 am

Rashmun wrote:

read this:

is the damage irreversible?
a mere answer to that Q will not solve the problem.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:12 am

Haha..Unkil, which is your country? Also, did the Muslims, Christians and other non-Hindus stop shitting altogether?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:35 am

Rashmun wrote:

what about Adi Sankaracharya?

Was he an Engineer ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:39 am

mela-idINDEE90D05Q20130114] [/url]Because the Ganges is worshipped for its divine connection to the Hindu gods, many leave offerings to float along the river's surface, including the dead.

If only you read the article and the next 3 pages you will, as usual, go silent. The article covers A dirty river in North China, Rive in Jakarta. The last time I checked Indonesian river was full of muslim shit.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Jm ,
what is your fascination with hindu shit?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:35 pm

truthbetold wrote:Jm ,

I bet some low-caste hindu cutie turned him down... bcz he was a Soul Harvester.... (must have been a Goundar girl...Tambrahmi girls must have caved giving some excuse). Ever since he has been fuming and spewing holy water on hindu shyt.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 pm

I bet some low-caste hindu cutie turned him down... bcz he was a Soul Harvester.... (must have been a Goundar girl...Tambrahmi girls must have caved giving some excuse). Ever since he has been fuming and spewing holy water on hindu shyt.
UPPILI ,
amen to that. i just wanted to warn you that your disrespectful comments may provoke jm's servile servants of grammar.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:35 pm

truthbetold wrote:

UPPILI  ,
amen  to that. i just wanted to warn you that your disrespectful comments may provoke jm's servile servants of grammar.

The DGP (Director of Grammar Police) and his Special Task Force don't both me with their corrections.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Contrary to the views of FF and Rashmun, looking at the pictures, the pollution doesn't seem to be caused by tourists. I would blame the BIMARU behavior of fukular bhaiyyas. Godavari is a holy river in the South. Neither maratis nor gults can do what bhaiyyas are capable of doing to Ganga. Just like Shiva was fed up with his abode and wanted to move to SI, Ganga may also want a SI Bhagirath to move her out of the filth.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:00 pm

Shocking, enraging, frustrating, depressing...and many emotions at the same time!

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:04 pm

nenu wrote:Shocking, enraging, frustrating, depressing...and many emotions at the same time!

Is this worse than the fate of Musi or Hussain sagar

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:10 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
nenu wrote:Shocking, enraging, frustrating, depressing...and many emotions at the same time!

Ya, it is. This is many times worse than Hussain Sagar.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hussain+sagar+pictures&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:36 pm

nenu wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Ya, it is. This is many times worse than Hussain Sagar.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hussain+sagar+pictures&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Hahaha!

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel Slide-7-638

Here is the complete slide show: Hussainsagar Presentation by HMDA

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:42 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel Slide-7-638

[/url]

What is that image of a Man in that left lower picture???? some body dumped by some Reddy & co?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Is that hussain sagar? can't be. i did talk abt my strong disgust over the open nalas. I think even you participated in that discussion. So what's your point now again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Off to watch the fireworks...

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm

nenu wrote:Is that hussain sagar? can't be. i did talk abt my strong disgust over the open nalas.  I think even you participated in that discussion. So what's your point now again?

No but Hussainsagar is dumping ground for all those nalas, check that presentation out.

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel Slide-3-638

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Looks like a contest of whose land or river is worse?
Think of the bright side. Javanese Mohandas reedy is not interested in taking over hussain sagar
Gandipet is. Slowly occupied from all sides.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 am

thank goodness this river is in north india and my mother has not taken any fancy to it. she's at that age where she wants to spend even more time praying.

nevertheless, deeply disturbing that any human being has to live like that - searching for coins in that sewage.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:54 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Haha..Unkil, which is your country? Also, did the Muslims, Christians and other non-Hindus stop shitting altogether?

"Haha.., scratch " "Unkil, which is your country?" scratch -- mrs menon.

experiencing difficulty comprehending a simple english sentence, auNTtie??

"did the Muslims, Christians and other non-Hindus stop shitting altogether?" -- mrs menon.

do you ask that q because you think that the ganges is a holy river for muslims and christians, and 100 million of them flock to the confluence of the ganges and the yamuna to shit on india and in the ganges, then bathe in it, and set their dead relatives afloat on the river? is that what you understood from the article linked, mrs menon?

moreover, auNTtie-ji, there's not a great deal of data on muslims' and christians' defecatory habits; their shit is not out there for all to see, as hindu shit is, in the rivers, ponds, lakes, beaches, fields, mountains, valleys, streets, nooks, and crannies of india.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:29 am

moreover, auNTtie-ji, there's not a great deal of data on muslims' and christians' defecatory habits; their shit is not out there for all to see, as hindu shit is, in the rivers, ponds, lakes, beaches, fields, mountains, valleys, streets, nooks, and crannies of india.

I think you should visit heavily populated Muslim areas in India to get in touch with reality. When did you last visit India! This is a national issue, not Hindu or North/South issue, as you would like to make it to be.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

I think you should visit heavily populated Muslim areas in India to get in touch with reality. When did you last visit India! This is a national issue, not Hindu or North/South issue, as you would like to make it to be.
there is no filth, deprivation, or human misery in the world (or in india) on the scale and intensity seen in the photographs posted in the article linked. if you disagree, show me some photographs of other places and people as evidence. the photographs of jakarta and manila shown in the same article don't compare; it's mostly of garbage, not shit or decaying dead bodies.

the reason why the boys in the photgraphs of india are diving into a cesspool of stagnant shit to search for valuables is that they can't make a living any other way; and that's because they belong to a low caste, according to the ancient wisdom of the hindus. this is a hindu problem. if you disagree, show me photographs of muslims or christians living lives that are as squalid or more so than the ones depicted in the photographs in the article.

squalor is a problem in other parts of india also, but not to the extent it is in northindia. one reason for that might be that the northindians are engaged in activities that have negative or zero economic value to themselves and others, for example, language, caste, and religious wars. if you disagree, you are welcome to present evidence that that is not the case.

everywhere in india, however, the root cause of the problem of squalor is hinduism.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

there is no filth, deprivation, or human misery in the world (or in india) on the scale and intensity seen in the photographs posted in the article linked. if you disagree, show me some photographs of other places and people as evidence. the photographs of jakarta and manila shown in the same article don't compare; it's mostly of garbage, not shit or decaying dead bodies.

the reason why the boys in the photgraphs of india are diving into a cesspool of stagnant shit to search for valuables is that they can't make a living any other way; and that's because they belong to a low caste, according to the ancient wisdom of the hindus. this is a hindu problem. if you disagree, show me photographs of muslims or christians living lives that are as squalid or more so than the ones depicted in the photographs in the article.

squalor is a problem in other parts of india also, but not to the extent it is in northindia. one reason for that might be that the northindians are engaged in activities that have negative or zero economic value to themselves and others, for example, language, caste, and religious wars. if you disagree, you are welcome to present evidence that that is not the case.

everywhere in india, however, the root cause of the problem of squalor is hinduism.
Sleep Sleep Sleep 

p.s. happy birthday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:20 am

Boys and men scavenging in Muslim shit and squalor...

Boys and men scavenging in Christian Shit and squalor...

Scavenging in even more Christian Shit...

Jebi Iyer's friends fishing in Commie Shit...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:26 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote: the photographs of jakarta and manila shown in the same article don't compare; it's mostly of garbage, not shit or decaying dead bodies.

How are you so sure that there is no shit polluting the Chinku and Christian rivers in Brazil and Phillipines? Did you yourself take a dip in those rivers?

Are you saying that if the entire country and population convert to Christianity or Islam, this shitty problem will disappear in an instant ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

you mean like relentlessly pushing hindi on chat boards, a disease also known as cut-and-paste vomititis? one of the manifestations of this disease is that the thread soon starts looking like the sewage suffused ganges.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote: the photographs of jakarta and manila shown in the same article don't compare; it's mostly of garbage, not shit or decaying dead bodies.

How are you so sure that there is no shit polluting the Chinku and Christian rivers in Brazil and Phillipines?  Did you yourself take a dip in those rivers?

Are you saying that if the entire country and population convert to Christianity or Islam, this shitty problem will disappear in an instant ?

Bad Holiness! Why are you not wishing Achachan Jebz for his birthday?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:31 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you mean like relentlessly pushing hindi on chat boards, a disease also known as cut-and-paste vomititis? one of the manifestations of this disease is that the thread soon starts looking like the sewage suffused ganges.

Max what do you think of inter-connecting the ganges with the cauvery, krishna, godavari, etc? Will this not reduce the pollution in the Ganges?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am

what will stop the pollution in the ganges is stopping it at the source. the ganges is all yours. you own it. be proud of it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

They better change the name of Hussainsagar before the election. God forbid, if BJP comes to power in Telangana, they will make it the permanent dumping ground for Hyderabad.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 am

Hellsangel wrote:

How are you so sure that there is no shit polluting the Chinku and Christian rivers in Brazil and Phillipines?  Did you yourself take a dip in those rivers?

Bad Holiness! Why are you not wishing Achachan Jebz for his birthday?

I am not that rude to remind Jebi Achachan that he has one less year to live.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Max what do you think of inter-connecting the ganges with the cauvery, krishna, godavari, etc? Will this not reduce the pollution in the Ganges?

Oh...Phuleese... Keep your naarthie rivers to yourself. We dont want no part of you. We would be more than happy to link the Southie rivers - if at all that is agreeable to the Southies.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Oh...Phuleese... Keep your naarthie rivers to yourself.  We dont want no part of you. We would be more than happy to link the Southie rivers - if at all that is agreeable to the Southies.

don't forget that sanskrit originated in north india, hinduism originated in north india, the Vedas were composed in north india. Also, Budhism, Jainism, and Sikhism all originated in north india. whenever you think of north india let respectful thoughts enter your brain. otherwise come up with your own religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Oh...Phuleese... Keep your naarthie rivers to yourself.  We dont want no part of you. We would be more than happy to link the Southie rivers - if at all that is agreeable to the Southies.

I agree. NorthIndian Hindi shopping plastic bag dare not flow down the Vindhyas to SouthIndian territory. There will be a riot if Hindi bags are seen floating in the Cauvery.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:14 pm

A memory and knowledge test for Jebi Achachan:

Name the country and people's religion in these photos

Holy photo exhibit - A

Holy Photo Exihibot - B

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 pm

MAX:

What is your view of Jebi Achachan's opinion?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 pm

southindian wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I agree. NorthIndian Hindi shopping plastic bag dare not flow down the Vindhyas to SouthIndian territory. There will be a riot if Hindi bags are seen floating in the Cauvery.

humor and sarcasm are not your forte. try something else.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

don't forget that sanskrit originated in north india, hinduism originated in north india, the Vedas were composed in north india. Also, Budhism, Jainism, and Sikhism all originated in north india.  whenever you think of north india let respectful thoughts enter your brain. otherwise come up with your own religion.

And yet, none of these could prevent the "Shitty" problem..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:19 pm

MAX:

i certainly don't think hinduism is the root cause of all the squalor. however, it is difficult to argue that setting afloat burning or half-burnt corpses on the river is anything but a hindu practice. why do they do it? i find it disgusting. what is the origin of this practice?

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

don't forget that sanskrit originated in north india, hinduism originated in north india, the Vedas were composed in north india. Also, Budhism, Jainism, and Sikhism all originated in north india.  whenever you think of north india let respectful thoughts enter your brain. otherwise come up with your own religion.

And yet, none of these could prevent the "Shitty" problem..

there is no river in NI which smells as bad as the Cooum river.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

MAX:

i certainly don't think hinduism is the root cause of all the squalor. however, it is difficult to argue that setting afloat burning or half-burnt corpses on the river is anything but a hindu practice. why do they do it? i find it disgusting. what is the origin of this practice?

Burning corpses requires money (either for the firewood, etc. or for payment in the electric crematorium), and the poor are often not able to afford a proper cremation. On other note what explains the stink around the Cooum river? I have never come across such a foul stench anywhere else in India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next