Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel

+11
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
pravalika nanda
Vakavaka Pakapaka
truthbetold
Merlot Daruwala
Jebediah Mburuburu
Seva Lamberdar
goodcitizn
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel

Post by southindian Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:

everywhere in india, however, the root cause of the problem of squalor is hinduism.

A memory and knowledge test for Jebi Achachan:

Name the country and people's religion in these photos

Holy photo exhibit - A

Holy Photo Exihibot - B
The first can be from any city in UP, India and second from any city next to the shore from Bihar, India
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Ganges - from the Weather Channel

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:00 pm

southindian wrote:

everywhere in india, however, the root cause of the problem of squalor is hinduism.

Holy photo exhibit - A

Holy Photo Exihibot - B
The first can be from any city in UP, India and second from any city next to the shore from Bihar, India

UP has cities?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

MAX:

What is your view of Jebi Achachan's opinion?

i certainly don't think hinduism is the root cause of all the squalor. however, it is difficult to argue that setting afloat burning or half-burnt corpses on the river is anything but a hindu practice. why do they do it? i find it disgusting. what is the origin of this practice?

If you lead the campaign to clean the Ganges, I will tell you the origin of this practice.
Deal, or no deal?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:

Holy photo exhibit - A

Holy Photo Exihibot - B

UP has cities?
Which ones you visited?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:25 pm

southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:

Holy photo exhibit - A

Holy Photo Exihibot - B

UP has cities?
Which ones you visited?

lucknow, meerut, dehradun, and muzaffarnagar none of which i found fit the description of a city.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:28 pm

there is no filth, deprivation, or human misery in the world (or in india) on the scale and intensity seen in the photographs posted in the article linked. if you disagree, show me some photographs of other places and people as evidence. the photographs of jakarta and manila shown in the same article don't compare; it's mostly of garbage, not shit or decaying dead bodies.

the reason why the boys in the photgraphs of india are diving into a cesspool of stagnant shit to search for valuables is that they can't make a living any other way; and that's because they belong to a low caste, according to the ancient wisdom of the hindus. this is a hindu problem. if you disagree, show me photographs of muslims or christians living lives that are as squalid or more so than the ones depicted in the photographs in the article.

squalor is a problem in other parts of india also, but not to the extent it is in northindia. one reason for that might be that the northindians are engaged in activities that have negative or zero economic value to themselves and others, for example, language, caste, and religious wars. if you disagree, you are welcome to present evidence that that is not the case.

While the sanitary situation in India is nothing to be proud of, incessant badgering of North India/Hindus only proves how out of touch you have been with reality; your personal biases seem to preclude you from looking at the facts rationally. Please do take a look at the link below

In Pictures: The World's 25 Dirtiest Cities

BTW, I was talking about Muslim locales in India, 40%f population in cities like Hyderabad, Gulbarga. Meerut are Muslim but they don't seem to be much cleaner than other parts of India.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:

Holy photo exhibit - A

Holy Photo Exihibot - B

UP has cities?
Which ones you visited?

lucknow, meerut, dehradun, and muzaffarnagar none of which i found fit the description of a city.
I agree Max. Not sure why SouthIndians keep going to NorthIndia and yet talk about them after a decade. Either they love those places or are sick/bitter.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Il Professore, what fits *your* description of a city? A main street, a downtown area, an airport or something else? What makes Woburn a city while Bedford is a town?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Haha..Unkil, which is your country? Also, did the Muslims, Christians and other non-Hindus stop shitting altogether?

"Haha.., scratch " "Unkil, which is your country?" scratch -- mrs menon.

experiencing difficulty comprehending a simple english sentence, auNTtie??

"did the Muslims, Christians and other non-Hindus stop shitting altogether?" -- mrs menon.

do you ask that q because you think that the ganges is a holy river for muslims and christians, and 100 million of them flock to the confluence of the ganges and the yamuna to shit on india and in the ganges, then bathe in it, and set their dead relatives afloat on the river? is that what you understood from the article linked, mrs menon?

moreover, auNTtie-ji, there's not a great deal of data on muslims' and christians' defecatory habits; their shit is not out there for all to see, as hindu shit is, in the rivers, ponds, lakes, beaches, fields, mountains, valleys, streets, nooks, and crannies of india.
Jebji, why does it upset and anger you when Merlot calls you unkil? Also, does the lack of data on the defecatory habits of Muslims and Christians make their shit disappear?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Jebji, why does it upset and anger you when Merlot calls you unkil? Also, does the lack of data on the defecatory habits of Muslims and Christians make their shit disappear?

I think he would prefer it if he were called Achachan than being called unkil.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:58 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

While the sanitary situation in India is nothing to be proud of, incessant badgering of North India/Hindus only proves how out of touch you have been with reality; your personal biases seem to preclude you from looking at the facts rationally. Please do take a look at the link below

In Pictures: The World's 25 Dirtiest Cities

I dont agree... the writer must be a racist and and a Soul harvester.... no white cities and mostly aprican cities.

Jebi Achachan agrees though bcz he thinks Blacks are "naturally" dirty like the Hindu Fakirs.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

MAX:

i certainly don't think hinduism is the root cause of all the squalor. however, it is difficult to argue that setting afloat burning or half-burnt corpses on the river is anything but a hindu practice. why do they do it? i find it disgusting. what is the origin of this practice?

If you lead the campaign to clean the Ganges, I will tell you the origin of this practice.
Deal, or no deal?

you obviously believe that the problems of the ganges are not primarily caused by human behavior and that they cannot be addressed by a change in human behavior. why do you believe this to be the case?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

MAX:

Deal, or no deal?

you obviously believe that the problems of the ganges are not primarily caused by human behavior and that they cannot be addressed by a change in human behavior. why do you believe this to be the case?

If you think that is the case, then you should prepare an action plan (for cleaning the Ganges) to prove me wrong. We can discuss the merits and demerits of that plan at that stage.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

If you think that is the case, then you should prepare an action plan (for cleaning the Ganges) to prove me wrong. We can discuss the merits and demerits of that plan at that stage.

i asked you a simple question and i was hoping for a straight answer, not your usual obfuscation. let me repeat the question: do you or do you not believe that human behavior, not poor technology is responsible for the mess that the ganges is?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

i asked you a simple question and i was hoping for a straight answer, not your usual obfuscation. let me repeat the question: do you or do you not believe that human behavior, not poor technology is responsible for the mess that the ganges is?

It's the result of both, in addition to a number of other factors.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:

is the damage irreversible? Considering that this is running water once we figure out how to treat the sewage water effectively before discharging it into the river and also ensure that bodies are cremated before immersion will not the problem not get solved?

From what I heard, this problem is almost solved. No half burned bodies are thrown into the river. You don't find any half burned dead bodies in the river like before. It's made sure that only fully burned ashes are immersed into the river. So anyone crying that the pollution is caused by the hindu practice don't know what they are talking. The pollution seems to be mostly from industrial waste and sewage. That needs to be addressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:48 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

is the damage irreversible? Considering that this is running water once we figure out how to treat the sewage water effectively before discharging it into the river and also ensure that bodies are cremated before immersion will not the problem not get solved?

From what I heard, this problem is almost solved. No half burned bodies are thrown into the river. You don't find any half burned dead bodies in the river like before. It's made sure that only fully burned ashes are immersed into the river. So anyone crying that the pollution is caused by the hindu practice don't know what they are talking. The pollution seems to be mostly from industrial waste and sewage. That needs to be addressed.

In any case, the filth / pollution in the Ganges can be eliminated without much difficulty and delay with proper planning and action.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Jm's fascination with Hindu shit blinds him to facts. Indian cities and their associated poverty and squalor were phenomena of the past 2 to 3 hundred years. The rulers in that period are British who neglected living conditions of people in their colonies.
Native rulers cannot be absolved of all blame since 1947 but Rome is not built in a day.
criticism of ganga is well deserved and Hindus should be ashamed of their prestigious river is a cesspool. But jm's criticism is not genuine and is not intended to motivate positive action.
Jm's verbal vomits are a way to denigrate Hinduism in one form or other. Facts can be misused to make bigoted remarks to satisfy personal agenda.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:12 pm

truthbetold wrote:Jm's fascination with Hindu shit blinds him to facts. Indian cities and their associated poverty and squalor were phenomena of the past 2 to 3 hundred years. The rulers in that period are British who neglected living conditions of people in their colonies.
Native rulers cannot be absolved of all blame since 1947 but Rome is not built in a day.
criticism of ganga is well deserved and Hindus should be ashamed of their prestigious river is a cesspool. But jm's criticism is not genuine and is not intended to motivate positive action.
Jm's verbal vomits are a way to denigrate Hinduism in one form or other. Facts can be misused to make bigoted remarks to satisfy personal agenda.

Touche.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Rishi wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Jm's fascination with Hindu shit blinds him to facts. Indian cities and their associated poverty and squalor were phenomena of the past 2 to 3 hundred years. The rulers in that period are British who neglected living conditions of people in their colonies.

Touche.
Yes. You are. Loyalty to servile servants of crammer.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Touche.

TBT,

You made a point about JM.

I said "Touche!"

Looks like you did not understand what I said.

http://wordsmith.org/words/touche.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Touche.

stop. think. before you go ape shit crazy with the keyboard, read and reconsider. rishi was agreeing with your original post.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Rishi,
honestly did not know the French word touche. I read that including an I to mean sensitive. I withdraw my retort with apologies.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 pm

The French word is spelled 'touché' not 'touche'.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Actually I was about to make a post blaming the Christian British, follwoed the westernized Nehru family and the Italian Catholic and non-hindu rulers. That way they can harp on hindus as Shitty people and market soul harvesting.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:05 am

truthbetold wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Touche.

rofllllll. poor rishi.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2