Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BJP says it will distort history textbooks again if it comes to power

+4
Captain Bhankas
Kayalvizhi
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Jebediah Mburuburu
8 posters

Go down

BJP says it will distort history textbooks again if it comes to power Empty BJP says it will distort history textbooks again if it comes to power

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 am

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/History-books-might-change-again-BJP/Article1-1081239.aspx

One more reason for being a congress supporter.

Back to top Go down

BJP says it will distort history textbooks again if it comes to power Empty Re: BJP says it will distort history textbooks again if it comes to power

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:11 am

Rashmun wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/History-books-might-change-again-BJP/Article1-1081239.aspx

between congress and bjp, i would always support congress, mostly because congress is not composed of potential murderers of non-hindus, as the bjp is.

i'd like to see priyanka gandhi stand for election to a seat in the lok sabha; she seems to have a closeness to people that i have never seen in anyone else. on the other hand, she has no known economic or social agenda.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

BJP says it will distort history textbooks again if it comes to power Empty Re: BJP says it will distort history textbooks again if it comes to power

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:21 am

Rashmun wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/History-books-might-change-again-BJP/Article1-1081239.aspx

There... who changed the textbooks in the first place?....Wink

You are not a congress supporter - bcz the congress is not what the congress was before 1969. This one is Congress (Indira) and they changed it AGAIN to Congress.

So all dynasty worshippers naturally will support only the white skin. No surprises there and it is already accounted for.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:39 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:

between congress and bjp, i would always support congress, mostly because congress is not composed of potential murderers of non-hindus, as the bjp is.

i'd like to see priyanka gandhi stand for election to a seat in the lok sabha; she seems to have a closeness to people that i have never seen in anyone else. on the other hand, she has no known economic or social agenda.

i think the problem for priyanka is that her husband seems to have become a liability for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 am

Indian School Textbook from NCERT Distorts and Disparages 1965 Tamil Nadu Students Anti-Hindi Imposition Agitation
http://www.tamiltribune.com/12/0901.html

This was done in Congress rule

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:00 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote: i'd like to see priyanka gandhi stand for election to a seat in the lok sabha; she seems to have a closeness to people that i have never seen in anyone else. on the other hand, she has no known economic or social agenda.

shah rukh khan, salman khan and dhoni have more closeness with indian people than her. would you like to see one of them as PM?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 am

It is high time NCERT fixes the crap that is being peddled as history, where past acts of genocide by the Political Islamists and Goan Inquisitions were conveniently left out, and Hindu/Jain Heritage was given less importance compared to the (mis) deeds of the marauders who came after 8th century.

it is precisely because of this reason that a minority of Political Islamist Muslims and Politically inclined Proselytizing Christians today continue to harbor the same tendencies.  If Germany did not include a frank discussion of Nazi history in their textbooks, a majority of Germans today will have Nazi ideals.

Education that clearly outlines a country's history (especially the previous troubles the nation state underwent) is the key for building a good future of the country, and ensure Nationalism and Patriotism. India needs to learn from China in this regard.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:14 am

[quote="Jebediah Mburuburu"]
Rashmun wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/History-books-might-change-again-BJP/Article1-1081239.

Flimflam,
The facts are you never see truth objectively. You do not know India or its politicians. All you care is to push Hindu hating bigoted point of view. You pick priyanka because she is a non Hindu married close to your faith. You are so pathetic.
No one believes you, hatemonger.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 am

truthbetold wrote:
Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:i'd like to see priyanka gandhi stand for election to a seat in the lok sabha; she seems to have a closeness to people that i have never seen in anyone else. on the other hand, she has no known economic or social agenda.

Flimflam,
The facts are you never see truth objectively. You do not know India or its politicians. All you care is to push Hindu hating bigoted point of view. You pick priyanka because she is a non Hindu married close to your faith.  You are so pathetic.
No one believes you,   hatemonger.

Where is the question of "objective" truth in this? He merely expressed his preference. Why is that upsetting you so much?

PS: Even as you accuse Vee Unkil of religious bigotry, why are you so fixated on Ms Gandhi's religion?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:50 pm

The guy who jumps up and down if anyone criticisizes Islamic terrorism has zero credibility to comment on other peoples comments on religion. Islamic apologists naturally have a difficulty in understanding where and when to use the word fixated. A good example of fixation is your obsession with chaddis.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:17 am

truthbetold wrote:The guy who jumps up and down if anyone criticisizes Islamic terrorism has zero credibility to comment on other peoples comments on religion. Islamic apologists naturally have a difficulty in understanding where and when to use the word fixated. A good example of fixation is your obsession with chaddis.

I have never seen Merlot behaving as an apologist for islamic terrorism as you seem to insinuate. Let us not get carried away by our anger to the extent that we start making baseless accusations at people we dislike.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:29 am

truthbetold wrote:The guy who jumps up and down if anyone criticisizes Islamic terrorism has zero credibility to comment on other peoples comments on religion. Islamic apologists naturally have a difficulty in understanding where and when to use the word fixated. A good example of fixation is your obsession with chaddis.

Eh? I asked you two questions, neither of which had anything to do with Islam or Muslims. Looks like you too see Muslims everywhere. Were you also molested by Muslims for stepping out after 8pm? Are you also a conquered woman like Upps Aunty?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:51 am

'looks like if BJP comes to power, there will be a tug-of-war between Rashmun and BJP ... Rashmun pulling the history in one direction and the BJP in other.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

'looks like if BJP comes to power, there will be a tug-of-war between Rashmun and BJP ... Rashmun pulling the history in one direction and the BJP in other.

not really. it will be a tug of war between saffron historians and non-saffron historians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down