Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chidambara Rahasyam

+12
pravalika nanda
Hellsangel
b_A
indophile
harharmahadev
Propagandhi711
Captain Bhankas
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
Merlot Daruwala
goodcitizn
smArtha
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chidambara Rahasyam - Page 2 Empty Re: Chidambara Rahasyam

Post by smArtha Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:37 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
smArtha wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:I looked it up, she did public health after finishing med school. My mom is slimmer and way more beautiful than her; this one is a fatty.
And your dad or grand parent is in the Union Cabinet?!!
what bullshit. is she in the union cabinet? 

my mom happens to be very very good looking, she doesn't look like anybody in the movies, although i'll say that her equal in beauty is jayaprada when she was younger and did B&W movies. now JP is very ugly. my mom married for love, etc etc. no, I didn't get my mom's looks.
BS?!!..this discussion was about Chidambaram and his acts for/against Indian economy and some participants took it to his family members and that still had some Chiddu connect. And you were the one who started BSing about your mom's beauty on this thread. I was only questioning the relevance of it by asking if she has any connections to Chiddu or at the least any significant member of the Union Cabinet.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:09 pm

smArtha wrote:
indophile wrote:The man who is touted as one of the few competent ones appears to be  as incompetent as the rest of the bunch. Even the uneducated Laloo Prasad Yadav seemed to have more commonsense and proved to be better in running his cabinet responsibility than the Harvard boy Chidambaram.
PC had practiced Law and not Finance or Economics professions in his non-political career. Somehow people seem to think that Harvard credentials will make him a better economist?!
Good question. He had been the Finance Minister during 1996-98 and 2004-08 before taking the portfolio again last year. As for Pranab Mukherjee, he has his masters in politics and history and also an LLB (another lawyer). He too had been chosen to be the Finance Minister during 1982-84 and 2009-12. Neither of them have any finance or economics background. In fact, most FMs (including when Nehru, Indira, Rajiv and others were PMs taking over FM portfolio) never had any finance background. Manmohan Singh notably is the only FM who got his bachelors, masters and doctorate in Economics attending both Cambridge and Oxford.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:54 pm

I would be wary of any physician who says this...

“I am a classic bipolar Gemini,” she laughs.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 am

Idéfix wrote:I would be wary of any physician who says this...

Why ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Why ?
If she believes astrology is a valid system for grouping individuals, I wouldn't place my health in her hands.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:15 am

Idéfix wrote:

Why ?
If she believes astrology is a valid system for grouping individuals, I wouldn't place my health in her hands.
Clearly she said in a joking manner. We Thazhans have a strong sense of humor...in case you have not noticed it.

Will you trust a doctor who says "God/luck/fate has anything to do with any any cure?"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:18 am

Idéfix wrote:

Why ?
Clearly she said in a joking manner. We Thazhans have a strong sense of humor...in case you have not noticed it.

Will you trust a doctor who says "God/luck/fate has anything to do with any any cure?"

Yes, any doctor who acknowledges the role of luck / chance in medical situations is just speaking the truth. But relying on astrology is another matter.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 am

Idéfix wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Why ?

Yes, any doctor who acknowledges the role of luck / chance in medical situations is just speaking the truth. But relying on astrology is another matter.
I agree...but she was just joking.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:59 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:This PC Chettiar is neck deep in corruption. His attorney wife and son are already involved in many things and their names are doing the rounds. So he no angel.
uppili saar! i see you are going soft on his d.

That's PC's daughter-in-law, a doctor and an accomplished BN dancer. Know her.
oh ok. thanks. i assumed it was his d.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:12 am

Hello Captain, how's the mood on the ship post the departures of various generals and brigadiers incl the latest one?? Is Commander-in-Chief's turnaround plan working?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:49 am

heard that the latest one is heading towards igate. i think all the four vertical heads have figured that the next CEO is not one of them.

as for the plan of the commander, yes, it seems to be in action. he has cracked the whip and stressed on the accountability of the middle management who have powers. in his absence, they had only powers but not accountability. at my level, i don't see the difference but i attended a townhall yesterday and the speaker there was confident of better days.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:18 am

the only fly in the ointment is the son, though. that hasn't gone down too well with many.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:21 am

Four vertical heads? That's already three and there are now whispers of another exit soon. Throw in a disinterested Vice-Chief, a disgruntled CEO and an increasingly powerful central coterie and the prognosis is not good at all.

I've been itching to buy the stock but the steep run up in the last 2-3 weeks due to the Rupee collapse and all the bad news on the organizational front are making me hesitate.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:37 am

haha, the CEO is namesake only. all the decision-making stays with that one man now. however, many here believe in the ability of that one man to turn things around and the goings-on are considered inevitable.

whispers of another exit, eh? hmmm. i have a name in mind. we will know soon.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:45 am

Infosys, I assume. Arr is actually struggling in last two weeks. Will it gain from rupee slide?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 am

Idéfix wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Why ?

So, you agree to pay a lot of money for "luck / chance in medical situations" and for "speaking the truth". What happend to your approach to evidence based living? Looks like you will soon be embracing all those unscientific writings (obviously, mostly by chaddis) on Sulekha/SuCh. Is this progress or what........ Hmm...

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:28 am

[quote="Idéfix"][quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"][quote="Idéfix"][quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"][quote="Idéfix"][b]I would be wary [/b]of any physician who says this...

[i]“I am a classic bipolar Gemini,” she laughs.[/i]
[/quote]Why ?[/quote]If she believes astrology is a valid system for grouping individuals, I wouldn't place my health in her hands. [/quote]Clearly she said in a joking manner. We Thazhans have a strong sense of humor...in case you have not noticed it.

[/quote]Yes, any doctor who acknowledges the role of luck / chance in medical situations is just speaking the truth. But relying on astrology is another matter. [/quote]Idefix,

There are a lot of professors at IITs and IIScs  who believe in Astrology.

Should we prevent kids from taking classes taught by these professors?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:30 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:So, you agree to pay a lot of money for "luck / chance in medical situations" and for "speaking the truth". What happend to your approach to evidence based living? Looks like you will soon be embracing all those unscientific writings (obviously, mostly by chaddis) on Sulekha/SuCh. Is this progress or what........ Hmm...
There is no change in my position on this matter. There is no contradiction between acknowledging the role of random chance, and trying to apply interventions that are known to result in positive outcomes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 am

Rishi wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Why ?

Idefix,

There are a lot of professors at IITs and IIScs  who believe in Astrology.

Should we prevent kids from taking classes taught by these professors?
I don't know what means you have in mind for "preventing" kids from taking classes taught by these professors. But I would advise people to stay away from such professors, and I would do the same.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:34 am

Rishi, what browser are you using? The code for quotes in your post is exactly as it should be, but it still did not show up properly. But when I replied to your post, the quotes showed up OK. Something may be wrong with your browser settings.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:50 am

[quote="Idéfix"]Rishi, what browser are you using? The code for quotes in your post is exactly as it should be, but it still did not show up properly. But when I replied to your post, the quotes showed up OK. Something may be wrong with your browser settings. [/quote]
Mozilla

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 pm

The scariest thing about astrogogy is that mothers (and fathers being equally culptable) are timing their C-sections based on the alignment of stars, not to mention rahu kaalam and yama gantam. The doctors go along with that unless it endangers the baby.

I have seen the operating rooms empty in Chennai during inauspicious time periods.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 pm

goodcitizn wrote:The scariest thing about astrogogy is that mothers (and fathers being equally culptable) are timing their C-sections based on the alignment of stars, not to mention rahu kaalam and yama gantam. The doctors go along with that unless it endangers the baby.

I have seen the operating rooms empty in Chennai during inauspicious time periods.
Why is that scary?!! Both doctors and patients have made a deal that doesn't violate each others beliefs.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:So, you agree to pay a lot of money for "luck / chance in medical situations" and for "speaking the truth". What happend to your approach to evidence based living? Looks like you will soon be embracing all those unscientific writings (obviously, mostly by chaddis) on Sulekha/SuCh. Is this progress or what........ Hmm...
There is no change in my position on this matter. There is no contradiction between acknowledging the role of random chance, and trying to apply interventions that are known to result in positive outcomes.
For most ailments, causality is not clear. Medical profession is mostly like any trade (plumbing?). Since society is scared of disease, it is willing to shell out a lot of money. "Pretend doctors, pretend medicine". It often sounds funny when physicians and fashion scientists pull others down.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Rishi wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Rishi, what browser are you using? The code for quotes in your post is exactly as it should be, but it still did not show up properly. But when I replied to your post, the quotes showed up OK. Something may be wrong with your browser settings.
Mozilla

I notice that this is happening right after the BA air-hostess complimented you as a Gentleman.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 pm

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"][quote="Rishi"][quote="Idéfix"]Rishi, what browser are you using? The code for quotes in your post is exactly as it should be, but it still did not show up properly. But when I replied to your post, the quotes showed up OK. Something may be wrong with your browser settings. [/quote]Mozilla

[/quote]I notice that this is happening right after the BA air-hostess complimented you as a Gentleman.[/quote]LOL

May be someone here on this forum does not want polite people here. So they sabaotage my posts.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:11 pm

smArtha wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:The scariest thing about astrogogy is that mothers (and fathers being equally culptable) are timing their C-sections based on the alignment of stars, not to mention rahu kaalam and yama gantam. The doctors go along with that unless it endangers the baby.

Why is that scary?!! Both doctors and patients have made a deal that doesn't violate each others beliefs.
My cousin is an obstetrician who was concerned about the current trend of even bringing astrologers into the meeting. She believes that it is not a good position for a doctor to be put in because one is never totally sure about complications.

I don't think astrology is a science. And if the fate of the child depended on the exact time of birth wouldn't tampering with the time of birth be tantamount to tampering with what God ordained? Forget it, I am just being facetious.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:00 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
smArtha wrote:

My cousin is an obstetrician who was concerned about the current trend of even bringing astrologers into the meeting. She believes that it is not a good position for a doctor to be put in because one is never totally sure about complications.

I don't think astrology is a science. And if the fate of the child depended on the exact time of birth wouldn't tampering with the time of birth be tantamount to tampering with what God ordained? Forget it, I am just being facetious.

This is a real story.

The 19 year old son of a middle class Palghat Brahmin family in Bangalore left home in his dad's car one day very early in the morning. He was out there drag racing with his friends on the streets of Banglaore. He died in a crash.

The family was crestfallen. After the body was cremated, they consulted an astrologer. He told them the son's soul was not at rest. And it was looking for another body to reside.

The astrologer advised the parents to look for a woman who was willing to get pregnant and give up the baby for adoption. And the delivery date and time should exactly match the star under which their late son was born.

They found a poor woman, bribed her to get pregnant. A C-section was done at the exact time the astrologer suggested.

The irony is that the parents are already in their sixties and now they are burdened with raising the child.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Rishi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
smArtha wrote:

This is a real story.

The 19 year old son of a middle class Palghat Brahmin family in Bangalore left home in his dad's car one day very early in the morning. He was out there drag racing with his friends on the streets of Banglaore. He died in a crash.

The family was crestfallen. After the body was cremated, they consulted an astrologer. He told them the son's soul was not at rest. And it was looking for another body to reside.

The astrologer advised the parents to look for a woman who was willing to get pregnant and give up the baby for adoption. And the delivery date and time should exactly match the star under which their late son was born.

They found a poor woman, bribed her to get pregnant. A C-section was done at the exact time the astrologer suggested.

The irony is that the parents are already in their sixties and now they are burdened with raising the child.
Is this really true? How strange. I feel sorry for this kid.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rishi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
smArtha wrote:

This is a real story.

Is this really true? How strange. I feel sorry for this kid.
ofcourse. big titties stories are never embellished, made up etc.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum