Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

house republicans and their spendthrift ways!

3 posters

Go down

house republicans and their spendthrift ways! Empty house republicans and their spendthrift ways!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:50 pm

they just voted extra paid vacation for fed workers!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-votes-to-approve-back-pay-for-furloughed-workers/2013/10/05/936c5b4c-2ddc-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

house republicans and their spendthrift ways! Empty Re: house republicans and their spendthrift ways!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:51 pm

let's see how they're stacking up. they're throwing a tantrum to cut spending. they are not getting their way, so they decided to vote for extra spending.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

house republicans and their spendthrift ways! Empty Re: house republicans and their spendthrift ways!

Post by Hellsangel Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:01 pm

And all the Democrats voted against it, I guess. Oh wait...
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Hellsangel wrote:And all the Democrats voted against it, I guess.
you don't see the irony do you? your party is the one constantly carping about excessive spending but they have voted for the most irresponsible spending you can think of just to pander. at least the social programs that the dems advocate have some logic. i don't disagree at all with the view that our social programs need some fat trimming, but lawmakers throwing a tantrum and making a spectacle of themselves is surely not the way to go about it. they look like prize idiots.

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Republicans badly misjudged the situation. now their think tanks are begging them on to double down. i am sure there are a few who think they should play with fire and default on debt.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:24 pm

truthbetold wrote:Republicans badly misjudged the situation. now their think tanks are begging them on to double down. i am sure there are a few who think they should play with fire and default on debt.  
they also can't back up their tough rhetoric with a principled stand. look at them pandering by giving freebies to the feds now!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Actually Reid has a different view than you. He looks at this as a strategic vote to make the shutdown last.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down