Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I wish Ian Chappell was an Indian'

2 posters

Go down

'I wish Ian Chappell was an Indian' Empty 'I wish Ian Chappell was an Indian'

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 am

An insightful article, no doubt, but just take a look at the readers' comments.

http://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-australia-2013-14/news/215271-india-vs-australia-irked-by-bcci-restrictions-ian-chappell-rejects-commentary-stint

Back to top Go down

'I wish Ian Chappell was an Indian' Empty Re: 'I wish Ian Chappell was an Indian'

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:47 pm

I'm sure, you also wish that Robert Clive, Babar, The Huns, Alexander, MT, etc., are all Indians to save Hinduism and India.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

'I wish Ian Chappell was an Indian' Empty Re: 'I wish Ian Chappell was an Indian'

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I'm sure, you also wish that Robert Clive, Babar, The Huns, Alexander, MT, etc., are all Indians to save Hinduism and India.
at least take a look at the article and also some of the readers' comments before making the kind of statement you are making.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I'm sure, you also wish that Robert Clive, Babar, The Huns, Alexander, MT, etc., are all Indians to save Hinduism and India.
a principled stand against the BCCI is what many of us indian fans would like our former cricketers, now elder statesmen of the game to take against the BCCI. wanting them to shun n.srinivasan and his thuggery and admiring ian chappell for doing so is NOT the same as still being mired in a colonial mentality. sometimes context is important. in this case n.srinivasan is the one behaving like a colonialist. unfortunately the BCCI is not an independent organization anymore, and there are no dividing lines between the BCCI, srinivasan, and the chennai super kings.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
a principled stand against the BCCI is what many of us indian fans would like our former cricketers, now elder statesmen of the game to take against the BCCI. wanting them to shun n.srinivasan and his thuggery and admiring ian chappell for doing so is NOT the same as still being mired in a colonial mentality. sometimes context is important. in this case n.srinivasan is the one behaving like a colonialist. unfortunately the BCCI is not an independent organization anymore, and there are no dividing lines between the BCCI, srinivasan, and the chennai super kings.
I agree. I was just needling Rashmun.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down