Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karan Thapar: 'Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this' nonsense

2 posters

Go down

Karan Thapar: 'Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this' nonsense Empty Karan Thapar: 'Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this' nonsense

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 pm

If I’m right, the middle ground is shrinking, even disappearing. The emergence of a dominant idea on the saffron front and, in response, the creation of an equal but counterveiling force on the other will squeeze out everything else. The more Moditva grows, the more its opposite has to be strengthened. Increasingly the choice will be one or the other. We will have to take sides.

Where does this leave the regional parties and the Left? They may retain their identity, even their present base, but they will have to line-up behind Modi or Sonia, in the saffron camp or the liberal/secular one. They may even have to submerge themselves within the broad appeal of the camp they belong to.

Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this. For he is the agent forcing this change. And whilst he’s with us, he will do just that. I have no doubt Indian politics after Sunday the 23rd is another country. We have to live with new challenges. Some of us have to accept new leaders.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news-feed/columnskaranthapar/modification-of-politics/article1-266159.aspx

Back to top Go down

Karan Thapar: 'Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this' nonsense Empty Re: Karan Thapar: 'Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this' nonsense

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:16 pm

BJP would have been better off projecting Advani or Sushma Swaraj as PM candidate. By 'removal' is meant removal as PM candidate and not physical liquidation.

Back to top Go down

Karan Thapar: 'Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this' nonsense Empty Re: Karan Thapar: 'Only the sudden removal of Narendra Modi can stop this' nonsense

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Rashmun wrote:BJP would have been better off projecting Advani or Sushma Swaraj as PM candidate. By 'removal' is meant removal as PM candidate and not physical liquidation.
So you say... Here is what I am saying. Karan Thapar - the SO-CALLED journalist is CLEARLY suggesting liquidation of Modi. If he meant it political removal he would have said so and you need not "clarify" his statement.

He lost all credibility as a Journalist when he himself labels Congress as Secular and BJP as communal, and use of the word "we." He may have opinion but he is expected NOT to inject himself in any political column or opinion - if he is even a half-baked (real) journalist.

So when Thapar panics, BJP is winning.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:38 pm

This article was written in 2007. Thapar has revised his views on CONartists. You may have a heart attack when you read his next article in 2014!

Did you watch his "The Last Word" on Vadra-ji?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:This article was written in 2007. Thapar has revised his views on CONartists. You may have a heart attack when you read his next article in 2014!

Modi fans are continuing to abuse Thapar for his prescient 2007 article. They are continuing to froth in the mouth and posting comments on this article as can be seen. Meanwhile, Thapar remains opposed to Modi becoming PM ( of course he doesn't like Rahul either). This is from an October 2013 article of Thapar:

Now come to Narendra Modi. As an opposition leader he has every right to criticise the prime minister and it’s his prerogative to do so where, when and how he wants. But if the facts he relies on are wrong he will only show himself up. That’s exactly what Modi did.

Would a wise man rely on a Youtube clip of a Pakistani journalist’s comment on a private meeting held behind closed doors to publicly criticise the prime minister? Should a prime ministerial aspirant have been so impetuous and rash?

If Modi had judgement he would have sought corroboration of Hamid Mir’s comment before accepting its veracity. If Modi had judgement he would have felt restrained by Barkha Dutt’s forceful disclaimer and denial. But he was so keen to embarrass the prime minister he rushed headlong into an error of his own making.

Unfortunately, he did it twice. He also ridiculed the prime minister for projecting India as a poor country to President Obama. He claimed the PM was marketing poverty. Once again, he was wrong.

In his statement to the media the prime minister said “I explained to the President that India is a poor country”. He added that India’s basic task is “to get rid of mass poverty, ignorance and disease” and “improve the standard of living of our people”. First, India’s poverty is a fact. Second, the PM’s words do not amount to marketing.

The nautanki Modi enacted was meant to ridicule Manmohan Singh. Instead, it made the Gujarat chief minister look silly. Worse, it corroborates the belief he gets his facts wrong.

It may sound odd but both men need to grow up. Few would disagree in Rahul Gandhi’s case. But isn’t Modi’s desperate desire to humiliate the prime minister equally infantile? Adults behave differently.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/comment/karanthapar/neither-narendra-modi-nor-rahul-gandhi-should-be-pm/article1-1131562.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:This article was written in 2007. Thapar has revised his views on CONartists. You may have a heart attack when you read his next article in 2014!

ahhhhh... I should have known.... Rashmunullah simply recycles any and all articles/columns that are/were anti-BJP. How can I forget that he is the North Indian KV.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

ahhhhh... I should have known.... Rashmunullah simply recycles any and all articles/columns that are/were anti-BJP.  How can I forget that he is the North Indian KV.
Uppili the Poopili, The article caught my attention because it was being slammed on twitter today by frothing in their mouths Modi butterballs who continue to post comments on this article 6 years after it was published ( just check the reader comments section in the article).

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Rashmun wrote:

ahhhhh... I should have known.... Rashmunullah simply recycles any and all articles/columns that are/were anti-BJP.  How can I forget that he is the North Indian KV.
Uppili the Poopili, The article caught my attention because it was being slammed on twitter today by frothing in their mouths Modi butterballs who continue to post comments on this article 6 years after it was published ( just check the reader comments section  in the article).
If it is being slammed in Twitter, then why are you dragging it in here... Even if you did, then why did not you NOT mention it was from 2007. You were intentionally "misleading" - not that there is anything wrong with that in your books. Besides, why didn't you add the statement you just gave in the previous post?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Uppili the Poopili, The article caught my attention because it was being slammed on twitter today by frothing in their mouths Modi butterballs who continue to post comments on this article 6 years after it was published ( just check the reader comments section  in the article).
If it is being slammed in Twitter, then why are you dragging it in here... Even if you did, then why did not you NOT mention it was from 2007. You were intentionally "misleading" - not that there is anything wrong with that in your books.  Besides, why didn't you add the statement you just gave in the previous post?
I gave the link to the article thinking those who read my post would click on the link and then they would know the date of the article.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

If it is being slammed in Twitter, then why are you dragging it in here... Even if you did, then why did not you NOT mention it was from 2007. You were intentionally "misleading" - not that there is anything wrong with that in your books.  Besides, why didn't you add the statement you just gave in the previous post?
I gave the link to the article thinking those who read my post would click on the link and then they would know the date of the article.
Ahhhhh...how so innojent...(and sincere sounding).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down