Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was wrong with the "No Muslims" ad?

+10
namo
southindian
truthbetold
Mauni
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
rawemotions
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What was wrong with the "No Muslims" ad? Empty What was wrong with the "No Muslims" ad?

Post by Rishi Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 pm

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2013/nov/091113-soon-muslims-wont-be-allowed-to-travel-by-trains-and-buses.htm

===> If the tenant slaughters a goat on Bakr-id right in front of the house, is it OK?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

What was wrong with the "No Muslims" ad? Empty Re: What was wrong with the "No Muslims" ad?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:45 pm

hahaha: as soon as I posted it I noticed you had done it just a few seconds earlier. So I removed it.

My thread/post asked exactly the same question
:

....it is a private flat and it can be sold or not sold to whoever the owner feels like. So what is wrong?

People ensure tenants are vegetarian, non-veg, single, married, pets/no pets, etc... Muslims dont let ther homes to Goundars, then why is this ad wrong ? It is not a govt building or government site and the laws dont apply here.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

What was wrong with the "No Muslims" ad? Empty Re: What was wrong with the "No Muslims" ad?

Post by Rishi Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:hahaha:  as soon as I posted it I noticed you had done it just a few seconds earlier. So I removed it.

My thread/post asked exactly the same question
:

....it is a private flat and it can be sold or not sold to whoever the owner feels like. So what is wrong?

People ensure tenants are vegetarian, non-veg, single, married, pets/no pets, etc... Muslims dont let ther homes to Goundars, then why is this ad wrong ? It is not a govt building or government site and the laws dont apply here.

>>> Two of my neighbors in Tambaram were Muslims. There were two houses within that compound. Both the families were Muslims.  During the period of Ramzaan, they tied two goats to a coconut tree. I used to hide in my house and not come out until they are done with that $hit. Mind you we had even Anglo Indians as our tenants. But I wonder why I have to rent a portion of my house to someone who is going to slaughter animals within the premises?

Last edited by Rishi on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:51 pm

There was this apt complex in Trichy which had a small Ganesh temple. The 2 or 3 muslim families (out of some 200 flat owners) wanted to build a "small" mosque. The flat owners said no.

unlike the temples, the mosue cannot bar non-tenants into the mosque. then it would have become a public place with namaz calls, and politics and law will act against all the flat owners.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:18 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:There was this apt complex in Trichy which had a small Ganesh temple.  The 2 or 3 muslim families (out of some 200 flat owners) wanted to build a "small" mosque. The flat owners said no.

unlike the temples, the mosue cannot bar non-tenants into the mosque. then it would have become a public place with namaz calls, and politics and law will act against all the flat owners.  
Really! they don't allow outsiders to the apartment temple, how do they  check?  and just 2 or 3 muslim families can afford to build a mosque, they must be rich.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:26 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:There was this apt complex in Trichy which had a small Ganesh temple.  The 2 or 3 muslim families (out of some 200 flat owners) wanted to build a "small" mosque. The flat owners said no.

Really! they don't allow outsiders to the apartment temple, how do they  check?  and just 2 or 3 muslim families can afford to build a mosque, they must be rich.
Why are you trying so hard to act stupid?...please be yourself..

There are so many temples that too in trichy and since you have forgotten, there are no set timings for temples and no namaaz like calls for EVERYONE to come at the same time for prayer. at any given time people go in and out in small numbers. Whereas people gather in 100s and 1000s at specified times and after the prayer - especially on Fridays - they attack the shops, people, houses in the area....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:42 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

There are so many temples that too in trichy and since you have forgotten, there are no set timings for temples and no namaaz like calls for EVERYONE to come at the same time for prayer. at any given time people go in and out in small numbers. Whereas people gather in 100s and 1000s at specified times and after the prayer - especially on Fridays - they attack the shops, people, houses in the area....Razz
So those 2/3 big-shot muslim familes wanted to build a mosque for Trichy muslims inside an apartment complex? they couldn't find a place elsewhere in the town? What percentage of Trichy population is muslim, you're jumping up&down as though they've reached your critical threshold 20%. BTW, Your Islamophobia getting worse day by day. You need a Muslim PCP to take good care of you.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am

confuzzled dude wrote:So those 2/3 big-shot muslim familes wanted to build a mosque for Trichy muslims inside an apartment complex? they couldn't find a place elsewhere in the town? What percentage of Trichy population is muslim, you're jumping up&down as though they've reached your critical threshold 20%. BTW, Your Islamophobia getting worse day by day. You need a Muslim PCP to take good care of you.

Exactly...shows they have ulterior motives...Razz

Muslim PCP ?? for me ??? let us see the other side....muslims are so suspicious of hindus in India...but they all have no option but to be treated by hindu doctors...(bcz there are hardly enough muslim docs.) But, that did not make the muslims love hindus...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:00 pm

This is a good question.

Why doesn't anybody ask this question, when Companies from Saudi Arabia openly advertise in India (a supposedly secular country) asking for Only Muslim employees ? For a young Hindu/Sikh/Parsi/Christian who is growing up, isn't it an open form of discrimination making them feel less wanted and feel inferior, wondering why on earth opportunities are denied to him/her because of his religion OR why Muslims are Superior because only they seem to get these opportunities?

That is acceptable ? Hypocrites of the first order!

In india, Muslims do not want to play by the same rules as others, and want a separate legal system called Muslim Personal law and do not want Uniform civil code. Incase of any sort of interactions, there are likely to be conflicts.  It is completely fair for Non-muslims to NOT have property related dealings with Muslims, where there is a chance for a conflict between common law and Muslim personal law OR when Muslims believe in Sharia and ignore law of the land.

Otherwise Muslims should agree to a clause which states that in any dispute, they will agree to Common law and forego the right to take Sharia or Muslim personal law.

That is the root cause of the issue. If we have one legal system, we will not have any of these problems. But Muslims (Especially Ashraf dominated leadership Sunni Muslims) are vociferous in their demands that they do not want Uniform Civil Code, even thought it has been mentioned as a goal to be achieved in the Constitution.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:09 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

So those 2/3 big-shot muslim familes wanted to build a mosque for Trichy muslims inside an apartment complex? they couldn't find a place elsewhere in the town? What percentage of Trichy population is muslim, you're jumping up&down as though they've reached your critical threshold 20%. BTW, Your Islamophobia getting worse day by day. You need a Muslim PCP to take good care of you.
Actually Indian Hindus are the most tolerant. Why don't you convince  communities/towns/localities  comprising mostly non-muslims in US to accept open blatant calls for Namaaz using loudspeakers blaring through the whole community every single day, not just during Islamic festivals, right in the midst of the the town residence localities, marketplaces and not just in remote areas? Let us see if you can achieve this? In India, locality after locality this keeps happening, and it keeps sprouting up  even in those localities which did not have them earlier, with no consent taken nor requested from the residents.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:16 pm

this loud speaker blaring in the morning can go both ways. i never cared for the little mariamman temple down the street blaring l.r.easwari's goat-like bleatings at 4.30 AM.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Incase you did not get it, the point was that Hindus are being criticized even though they are much more tolerant than other communities throughout the world.

But let me join issue with you,
Please show me a temple blaring early morning loudspeakers right in Muslim dominated areas, in Mallapuram Kerala, J&K, Muslim dominated Villages, towns, Assam Borders  or Muslim Dominated Districts of West Bengal. Recently there were reports of Gangs going around preventing Ganesh Idols from being sold in Muslim dominated areas in Mallapuram,  You will find very little evidences of temples blaring louspeakers daily in Muslim dominated areas. 

There is an inherent asymmetry in India, when one community is intolerant due to their inherent aggressive monotheist Islamic Supremacist doctrine and others are truly secular with their universal doctrine. That needs to be handled! THe root cause is the radicalization of Muslims with clerics imported from Non-secular countries, who force these mindsets into young Indian Muslims. We can already see the effects of such radicalization in Pakistan. Unfortunately Indian muslims are going down the same regressive path.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this loud speaker blaring in the morning can go both ways. i never cared for the little mariamman temple down the street blaring l.r.easwari's goat-like bleatings at 4.30 AM.
Oh really....what you say is true only in areas where hindus are a majority... The trend now is as muslims enter, occupy, and engulf a local area, the small temples in that area "relocate" It takes some 20+ years for this change but has happened in a few instances that know.. When was the last time you have heard a mosque being relocated?

So...when there is hardly any temple within tightly knit muslim enclaves where is the question of hindu temples blaring out?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Rishi wrote: 
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2013/nov/091113-soon-muslims-wont-be-allowed-to-travel-by-trains-and-buses.htm

===> If the tenant slaughters a goat on Bakr-id right in front of the house, is it OK?
>>>The broker is saying that he meant there were no muslims in that complex, kind of a weird point to make, but if this is seen as a  selling point, I think there is a much bigger problem here i.e. the majority community thinks all people of a religion are bad by default. In terms of your specific question, if the goat-slaughtering is offensive (as it would be to many people), why not just forbid such acts on the premises, rather than exclude people of a religion which is blatantly discriminatory? By the way, if the goat slaughtering tenant invokes religious law  to preempt such ground rules , then we do have a problem. I agree it is idiotic to have multiple legal systems.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote: 

>>>The broker is saying that he meant there were no muslims in that complex, kind of a weird point to make, but if this is seen as a  selling point, I think there is a much bigger problem here i.e. the majority community thinks all people of a religion are bad by default. In terms of your specific question, if the goat-slaughtering is offensive (as it would be to many people), why not just forbid such acts on the premises, rather than exclude people of a religion which is blatantly discriminatory? By the way, if the goat slaughtering tenant invokes religious law  to preempt such ground rules , then we do have a problem. I agree it is idiotic to have multiple legal systems.
In essence I komboletely agree with your statement. This is a standard statement of PiSSed group as if they have effectively blunted the majority view...

Agree...BUT, does the hindu community view a Sikh neighbor, a Christian, Budhist, or any other neighbor the same way as they view a muslim neighbor?

Why not? There lies the answer? Let me see if any PiSSer give the answer.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:10 pm

"Vishal D’souza had posted an ad on November 2 on the portal......"

Mauni

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote: 

In essence I komboletely agree with your statement.  This is a standard statement of PiSSed group as if they have effectively blunted the majority view...

Agree...BUT, does the hindu community view a Sikh neighbor, a Christian, Budhist, or any other neighbor the same way as they view a muslim neighbor?

Why not?  There lies the answer?  Let me see if any PiSSer give the answer.
>>>Quite likely not and yes, there is a certain paranoia that goes both ways that feeds into this. The media and certain segments of the political arena are disingenuous in not wanting to hold some of the muslim leadership accountable for their stances and actions. This does not help the case either and will continue to widen the chasm.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Mauni wrote:"Vishal D’souza had posted an ad on November 2 on the portal......"
it does not make any difference who posted the ad.... If there is anything - ANYTHING at all - against muslims, then bash the hindus, sing the secular Sthotra, defend the muslim "victims..."

Only then the PiSS credentials are maintained - sort of like periodic recertification.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:21 pm

rawemotions wrote:Incase you did not get it, the point was that Hindus are being criticized even though they are much more tolerant than other communities throughout the world.

Please show me a temple blaring early morning loudspeakers right in Muslim dominated areas, in Mallapuram Kerala, J&K, Muslim dominated Villages, towns, Assam Borders  or Muslim Dominated Districts of West Bengal. Recently there were reports of Gangs going around preventing Ganesh Idols from being sold in Muslim dominated areas in Mallapuram,  You will find very little evidences of temples blaring louspeakers daily in Muslim dominated areas. 

There is an inherent asymmetry in India, when one community is intolerant due to their inherent aggressive monotheist Islamic Supremacist doctrine and others are truly secular with their universal doctrine. That needs to be handled! THe root cause is the radicalization of Muslims with clerics imported from Non-secular countries, who force these mindsets into young Indian Muslims. We can already see the effects of such radicalization in Pakistan. Unfortunately Indian muslims are going down the same regressive path.
>>> I agree with you, but I don't think it is necessary anymore to import these fundamentalist teachers, in the age of the internet and
the rabid fundamentalization going on in the Islamic world.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Mauni wrote:"Vishal D’souza had posted an ad on November 2 on the portal......"
it does not make any difference who posted the ad.... If there is anything - ANYTHING at all - against muslims, then bash the hindus, sing the secular Sthotra, defend the muslim "victims..."

Only then the PiSS credentials are maintained - sort of like periodic recertification.
“IF things go the way they are, we fear in 50 years’ time, Muslims won’t be allowed to travel by bus or trains.” That’s what one of the religious leaders had to say after a broker put up an advertisement on a property portal saying......."

Rolling Eyes

Mauni

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this loud speaker blaring in the morning can go both ways. i never cared for the little mariamman temple down the street blaring l.r.easwari's goat-like bleatings at 4.30 AM.
Oh really....what you say is true only in areas where hindus are a majority... The trend now is as muslims enter, occupy, and engulf a local area, the small temples in that area "relocate" It takes some 20+ years for this change but has happened in a few instances that know.. When was the last time you have heard a mosque being relocated?

So...when there is hardly any temple within tightly knit muslim enclaves where is the question of hindu temples blaring out?
None only if your personal experience is limited to youtube and internet, in other words time to change those green-tinted glasses.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:22 pm

rawemotions wrote:Incase you did not get it, the point was that Hindus are being criticized even though they are much more tolerant than other communities throughout the world.

there is no need for importing anyone. hindus and muslims have been killing each other in independent india from the time of her birth in 1947. no imported clerics were involved in the carnage following independence. no imported clerics were involved in the tearing down of the babri masjid either. and there is no evidence that any imported clerics were involved in the train burning or the carnage that followed the train burning. our indigenous hindus and muslims have all the anger and hatred towards each other to produce spectacular blood and gore all on their own.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
None only if your personal experience is limited to youtube and internet, in other words time to change those green-tinted glasses.
yeah rite...that applies only to you and people never set foot in India and drive only in Vernas and Sumos and BMWs, and your worldly experience is through FB and youtube. And, it shows in your posts.

I have no access to car or any vehicles and I walk and take ordinary buses and trains when i am in India (you know those big box like things with 6 huge wheels and run on roads?).

FYI I bought my first cell phone only 2 years ago and so dont transfer your mode of knowledge gathering to others. You live in a typical PiSSy world far from the lives of most Indians.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
yeah  rite...that applies only to you and people never set foot in India and drive only in Vernas and Sumos and BMWs, and your worldly experience is through FB and youtube.  And, it shows in your posts.

I have no access to car or any vehicles and I walk and take ordinary buses and trains when i am in India (you know those big box like things with 6 huge wheels and run on roads?).

FYI I bought my first cell phone only 2 years ago and so  dont transfer your mode of knowledge gathering to others.  You live in a typical PiSSy world far from the lives of most Indians.
Hahaha! truth hurts, isn't it?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:47 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
yeah  rite...that applies only to you and people never set foot in India and drive only in Vernas and Sumos and BMWs, and your worldly experience is through FB and youtube.  And, it shows in your posts.

FYI I bought my first cell phone only 2 years ago and so  dont transfer your mode of knowledge gathering to others.  You live in a typical PiSSy world far from the lives of most Indians.
hahaha truth ? what you are saying? when was the last time any PiSSer spoke any truth? Unlike your Top buddy Maulana Rashmunullah I am providing evidence for my statement.... Oh wait...that is not in PiSSers dictionary either.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

hahaha  truth ?  what you are saying?  when was the last time any PiSSer spoke any truth? Unlike your Top buddy Maulana Rashmunullah I am providing evidence for my statement.... Oh wait...that is not in PiSSers dictionary either.
What are we saying here? You won't have any interaction with Muslims unless you travel in local city buses?! In India, I lived majority of my life in Muslim majority areas and interacted with them on a daily basis, studied in a school owned by & dominated by Muslim students, my marriage reception event was planned and organized by Muslims, no we didn't hire them, they did it all because of their friendship with my father. So my dear sir I know a little bit about them.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:What are we saying here? You won't have any interaction with Muslims unless you travel in local city buses?! In India, I lived majority of my life in Muslim majority areas and interacted with them on a daily basis, studied in a school owned by & dominated by Muslim students, my marriage reception event was planned and organized by Muslims, no we didn't hire them, they did it all because of their friendship with my father. So my dear sir I know a little bit about them.
hahaha...so what you said applies only to you....whatever you said was once upon a time. So it was bcz of your father they did not try to pull fast one on you...and that also explains the naivette with which you are blabbering anti-hindu sentiments 24/7.

See....you are a living example of what the iSlamists are doing to the PiSSers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:What are we saying here? You won't have any interaction with Muslims unless you travel in local city buses?! In India, I lived majority of my life in Muslim majority areas and interacted with them on a daily basis, studied in a school owned by & dominated by Muslim students, my marriage reception event was planned and organized by Muslims, no we didn't hire them, they did it all because of their friendship with my father. So my dear sir I know a little bit about them.
hahaha...so what you said applies only to you....whatever you said was once upon a time. So it was bcz of your father they did not try to pull fast one on you...and that also explains the naivette with which you are blabbering anti-hindu sentiments 24/7.

Righto life experiences amount to nothing only googling for terrorist activities and memorizing their names makes one expert on Islam sounds much like right wing idealogy

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Indians on both sides of this divide are hypocrites. They only see what they want to see.
P-secs refuse to accept historical facts of Islamic invasion atrocities and deep wounds it left on people. They also refuse to acknowledge a not so insignificant section of Muslims who are still ambivalent about their loyalties to Pakistan. They close their eyes to the radical section of Muslims.
bjp types want to use Muslim issue as a tool to rally Hindus to cover up caste and regional divide of Indian people. They gained their largest support following two major anti Muslim events in babri major demolition and Gujarat riots. They are now hell bent on expanding their religious divide theory to new areas of India to increase their appeal.
Truth is an ordinary muslim's major concern is similar to a Hindu. Food, family, future, security and education. Limited resources cause fights for sharing resources when p-secs and bjp types rush in to cash in.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm

truthbetold wrote:Indians on both sides of this divide are hypocrites. They only see what they want to see.
P-secs refuse to accept historical facts of Islamic invasion atrocities and deep wounds it left on people. They also refuse to acknowledge a not so insignificant section of Muslims who are still ambivalent about their loyalties to Pakistan. They close their eyes to the radical section of Muslims.
bjp types want to use Muslim issue as a tool to rally Hindus to cover up caste and regional divide of Indian people. They gained their largest support following two major anti Muslim events in babri major demolition and Gujarat riots. They are now hell bent on expanding their religious divide theory to new areas of India to increase their appeal.
Truth is an ordinary muslim's major concern is similar to a Hindu. Food,  family,  future, security and education. Limited resources cause fights for sharing resources when p-secs and bjp types rush in to cash in.
yes yes and that leaves you and you alone with the ability to see the different groups with such a clear-eyed vision. what would we do without your sagacity!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Max,
Ouch! Looks like i touched a nerve. Rest of the ordinary people will look for alternate solutions such as am admi party.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:38 pm

TBT,

Agree! Hope AAP wins big in Delhi.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:47 pm

southindian wrote:TBT,

Agree! Hope AAP wins big in Delhi.
Not happening...The CONmen have already divided AAP and bought over some traitors who are calling Kejriwal a dictator....and BJP B-team, etc....Hoping at least some of its supporters will vote for them. BJP throws in its share by saying he is appeasing the muslims. It could be BJP as well, but they are more worried about their own Harsh - Goel divide.

Any excited new voters will be disheartened at such accusations on a new party.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Si,
I posted in another thread some details of aap.. I hope new parties like that come up in other States to evolve a new political group(s).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:55 pm

truthbetold wrote:Si,
I posted in another thread some details of aap.. I hope new parties like that come up in other States to evolve a new political group(s).
Not happeneing....The only organized true parties today are the commies and BJP both controlled by historic organizations.

All other parties are run by families. Indians are enamored with personalities and hero worshipping and naturally they dont believe or imagine a "democratic" political party. Expect AAP to break up - much like AASU-AGP.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Uppili,
I agree with you on the observation that Indians tend to get behind strong individuals and their families. That may be due to the power of poverty and handouts.
The middle class pockets of influence such as major metropolis. Most of Indian Gdp also comes from those pockets. Those parties may be numerically small but they may influence policy in larger proportion.

Aap split is not surprising . Such turmoil is to be expected due to inherent egos of middle class intellectuals and machinations of established parties .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
hahaha...so what you said applies only to you....whatever you said was once upon a time.  So it was bcz of your father they did not try to pull fast one on you...and that also explains the naivette with which you are blabbering anti-hindu sentiments 24/7.

Righto life experiences amount to nothing only googling for terrorist activities and memorizing their names makes one expert on Islam sounds much like right wing idealogy

It is indeed strange to see folks defending twisted and warped Ashrafi dominated Sunni Muslim leadership who wants to segregate themselves and operate by a different legal standards, than everybody else, but at the same time cribbing about some Non-muslims who do not want have property related dealings with Muslims precisely because of this attitude and self-imposed legal standards distinct from mainstream law. These folks are idiots who want separate Sharia Courts in Mumbai. Where does this stop, already they want separate schools, separate Courts, Separate police, I am pretty sure it is going at some point lead to Separate army. Thank god Afsir Karim intervened, otherwise the idiotic Congress would have ended up even achieving that.  Muslim community leadership in India is so retrograde and medieval that they are pushing political Islam in the guise of Identity politics. The very concept of Political Islam that was used to ethnically cleanse Non-muslims during the major part of last 1000 years, the same Political Islam that is being used to ethnically cleanse Non-Muslims in Pakistan and Bangladesh and Some states of India (Assam, West Bengal, Kerala & J&K). The silence of the educated Muslim in this regard is striking! and they are complicit in this ridiculous concept of segregration, when they do not raise their voice against Muslim Goons/Clerics/AIMPLB acting out like Ministry of Vice and Virtue.
Why do Muslims want or tolerate AIMPLB if they are in a secular country ? There in lies the problem. A Muslim coming to US is free of all this dogma and free to practice what he wants and probably experiences real freedom. Muslims in India experience similar kind of freedom, but still do not raise their voices against those want to import Political Islam so that they can torment Non-muslims and take India back to the reign of Aurangzeb.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Kris wrote:

>>> I agree with you, but I don't think it is necessary anymore to import these fundamentalist teachers, in the age of the internet and
the rabid fundamentalization going on in the Islamic world.
May be, but that happens much later. The young mind is the most malleable, and their earliest opinions are formed in Madrassas. This is where the indoctrination happens, and none of this is regulated. India despite being secular allows Islamic Supremacist Indoctrination into these young minds. How can this be considered secular. Worse in West Bengal, folks from Non-secular countries come in and they come in with a certain Islamic Supremacist, Racist mindset. No regulation is done. There are no videos of what gets taught in the mosques. This is where China scores, knowing the inherent power of Political Islam, every single sermon is controlled and policed by the CCP. We need that model in India, in the absence of any form of Muslim opposition to this vile and venomous indoctrination going on within India. The Muslims unfortunately, have been silent observers of the kind of indoctrination, which is very dangerous for the future of India. Some Madrassas have introduced modern subjects, but have done nothing to curb the fundamentalist Islamic Supremacist indoctrination. You cannot have a secular future if you allow 50-70 Million Children repeatedly being taught about Islamic Supremacism and Jihadi Ideology. Congress is foolish when they ignore all these. As seen in Pakistan, irrespective of how these folks develop economically, they carry those attitudes and will not oppose their brethen who indulge in ethnic cleansing of Non-muslims. India needs a constituency among Muslims who behave like the Turkish Military and support secularism aggressively (muscular secularism to counter Political Islamic Ideology). The faith school education they receive unfortunately preaches Political Islam and a big majority go to faith schools (Madrassas).  Javed Akhtar is waxing eloquent now, as a stooge of Congress, but he was given death threats when he opposed some idiotic fatwas from Deoband. I did not see thousands of Muslims rallying against such fatwas.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:44 pm

rawemotions wrote:The young mind is the most malleable, and their earliest opinions are formed in Madrassas. This is where the indoctrination happens, and none of this is regulated.
where in your opinion did the indoctrination of the minds that tore down the babri masjid happen?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 pm

i suppose no madrassas are required when you have political leaders who can do the job for you:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:02 pm

rawemotions wrote:Muslims in India experience similar kind of freedom, but still do not raise their voices against those want to import Political Islam so that they can torment Non-muslims and take India back to the reign of Aurangzeb.
i find this sort of expectation ridiculous. when NBC did the sting operation which netted a number of indian pedophiles in the US, did you go around raising your voice against pedophilia by indians? when rajat gupta and raj rajaratnam got nailed, did you protest against south asian crooks on wall street? i find no need to apologize for the actions of one criminal indian just because i share a former citizenship and ethnicity with him. why do you expect people who have had nothing to do with the commission of crimes and terrorism to say anything at all?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:The young mind is the most malleable, and their earliest opinions are formed in Madrassas. This is where the indoctrination happens, and none of this is regulated.
where in your opinion did the indoctrination of the minds that tore down the babri masjid happen?
"The country was rocked by communal riots immediately following demolition of the mosque,[30] between Hindus and Muslims in which more than 2,000 people died.[31] Many terror attacks by banned jihadi outfits like Indian Mujahideen cited demolition of Babri Mosque as an excuse for terrorist attacks.[32][33] In Pakistan some temples were burned while across Bangladesh hundreds of shops, homes and temples of Hindus were destroyed."- Wiki

One abandoned mosque > all of the above. The ones who talk about Babri masjid conveniently forget all of the above or worse, may even justify it.

A lot of efforts were made from the hindu side, including Sankaracharya, to work on a compromise-a win-win situation for both the parties. A brick by brick reconstruction of the mosque at a different location was promised. The site is a sentimental site for hindus. The muslim leaders should have understood those sentiment. But, they wanted to play politics too. Didn't budge an inch on any kind of compromise which led to a general feeling of frustration among hindus, which was cashed in by BJP.

Sensible is the person who looks at the whole picture objectively.

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:Muslims in India experience similar kind of freedom, but still do not raise their voices against those want to import Political Islam so that they can torment Non-muslims and take India back to the reign of Aurangzeb.
i find this sort of expectation ridiculous. when NBC did the sting operation which netted a number of indian pedophiles in the US, did you go around raising your voice against pedophilia by indians? when rajat gupta and raj rajaratnam got nailed, did you protest against south asian crooks on wall street? i find no need to apologize for the actions of one criminal indian just because i share a former citizenship and ethnicity with him. why do you expect people who have had nothing to do with the commission of crimes and terrorism to say anything at all?
Another cut and run policy! Let me indulge you since you do not seem to get it. The situations are NOT analogous at all.
1) It is not just one criminal , but the entire faith school education system of Muslim children, in a secular country. So a big chunk of the clergy
2) Forget the long term ill effects on Non-muslims, the the education of Muslims children in an ideology that directly conflicts with the law of the land,  concerns the way Islam is itself taught, directly affecting their own lives and their children's future.
3) Muslims in India have protested at the drop of the hat, regarding topics concerning Islam, where they protest and for fun bash a few Non-muslims instigating riots. This has been seen time and against during Caliphate movement or the recent Riots in Mumbai supposedly for something that happened in Myanmar. So shouldn't they protest that something that is against the law of the land, and something they supposedly believe in (Secularism) and agree to abide by, is being taught to their children.
Let me ask you a direct question, do you support Political Islamic OR Islamic Supremacist Or Jihadi Ideology being taught to young Muslims in Faith schools that directly is against the law of the land ? Let us see if you have the guts to give a direct answer.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
The PiSS group have talked about a 1000 times on the demolition of a Babri Masjid, and if only they had recognized and acknowledged the destruction of a 1000 temples just a mere 100 times, your beloved barbari masjid might have still existed.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm

rawemotions wrote:
Let me ask you a direct question, do you support Political Islamic OR Islamic Supremacist Or Jihadi Ideology being taught to young Muslims in Faith schools that directly is against the law of the land ? Let us see if you have the guts to give a direct answer.
if you don't know the answer to this question, i will have to conclude you are either posturing or stupid. i'll assume the latter and answer the question -- no i don't support any such thing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
The PiSS group have talked about a 1000 times on the demolition of a Babri Masjid, and if only they had recognized and acknowledged the destruction of a 1000 temples just a mere 100 times, your beloved barbari masjid might have still existed.
the only group of people to have destroyed a place of worship in free modern india are hindus.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
the only group of people to have destroyed a place of worship in free modern india are hindus.
Kashmir is not a part of free modern India? Besides, pls note that no one was worshiping in that mosque for decades. It was abandoned.

Last edited by namo on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
if you don't know the answer to this question, i will have to conclude you are either posturing or stupid. i'll assume the latter and answer the question -- no i don't support any such thing.
This is Hilarious! Given that you agree with me that these activities are not desirable, and that you do not support such activities, there is nothing more to discuss on my main point. It appears that you seem to be the one with the qualities which you claim I have.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:20 pm

rawemotions wrote:Another cut and run policy! Let me indulge you since you do not seem to get it. The situations are NOT analogous at all.
1) It is not just one criminal , but the entire faith school education system of Muslim children, in a secular country. So a big chunk of the clergy
2) Forget the long term ill effects on Non-muslims, the the education of Muslims children in an ideology that directly conflicts with the law of the land,  concerns the way Islam is itself taught, directly affecting their own lives and their children's future.
3) Muslims in India have protested at the drop of the hat, regarding topics concerning Islam, where they protest and for fun bash a few Non-muslims instigating riots. This has been seen time and against during Caliphate movement or the recent Riots in Mumbai supposedly for something that happened in Myanmar. So shouldn't they protest that something that is against the law of the land, and something they supposedly believe in (Secularism) and agree to abide by, is being taught to their children.
What percentage of 250 mil. Indian Muslims (this is accurate number per NRI Patriots) you think are enrolled in Madrasas? This is for your reading pleasure
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?230003

An excerpt from the linked aticle:

"Fourteen-year-old Badal Das' favourite poem is Fil Ibtehal, an Arabic sonnet. His brother, Sajal, fluently reads out from a short biography of Mahatma Gandhi in Arabic. There is nothing surprising about the two brothers' knowledge of Arabic—they study at the Matikona High Madrassa in West Bengal's Birbhum district. Nor are the two curiosities in the madrassa—they are among the nearly 40,000 Hindu children studying in madrassas across the state."

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
India and Indian history did not start suddenly in 1947 and people simply cannot turn off and on at midnight on Aug 14, 1947. If it were that simple there would be peace all over the world.

So the blame for the barbari Masjid (which did not hold any namaaz since 47) lies with the muslims and their ancestors. In fact, it had ram-Sita idols inside and hindu priest did pooja daily. If anything the attackers should be charged with destroying a hindu place of worship - that is the right thing.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next