Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tummy filler

4 posters

Go down

tummy filler Empty tummy filler

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:40 am

4-5 baby carrots + 2 glasses of water. Less than 20 calories, but boy do they go a long way in keeping you feeling full.

Back to top Go down

tummy filler Empty Re: tummy filler

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Make a watery daal with lots of leafy vegetables (kale, spinach, etc.) in it and eat it like soup.  If you don't put too much of lentils, it will be low cal., will be quite filling and you may actually enjoy it.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Make a watery daal with lots of leafy vegetables (kale, spinach, etc.) in it and eat it like soup.  If you don't put too much of lentils, it will be low cal., will be quite filling and you may actually enjoy it.
Funny that's what I had for lunch. Rice with yellow moong daal w/kale. It was a decent portion, not a whole lot, and I found it hard to finish even that. No wonder I am feeling super full, lol. I thought it's the carrot but now I think it must be the daal w/ kale as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Make a watery daal with lots of leafy vegetables (kale, spinach, etc.) in it and eat it like soup.  If you don't put too much of lentils, it will be low cal., will be quite filling and you may actually enjoy it.
Funny that's what I had for lunch. Rice with yellow moong daal w/kale. It was a decent portion, not a whole lot, and I found it hard to finish even that. No wonder I am feeling super full, lol. I thought it's the carrot but now I think it must be the daal w/ kale as well.
Hey..good job.... you need to do this now...

What with all the impending Chrissy Parties over the next 3 weeks.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:4-5 baby carrots + 2 glasses of water. Less than 20 calories, but boy do they go a long way in keeping you feeling full.
Actually you should not have so much water when you have food in your stomach. And when you are hungry the acids in stomach is ready to process the food and adding water reduces the ability to digest food.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:14 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:4-5 baby carrots + 2 glasses of water. Less than 20 calories, but boy do they go a long way in keeping you feeling full.
Actually you should not have so much water when you have food in your stomach. And when you are hungry the acids in stomach is ready to process the food and adding water reduces the ability to digest food.
I am now more scratch about this than ever. Anyway, I know about 4 or 5 naturally no-bulging-belly-skinny desi people in their 30s and 40s, and this is what I have observed common about all of them. They eat solid 3 meals. Substantial food in breakfast, lunch and dinner. 3-4 rotis, all sabzis (coincidentally they all are vegetarians too, hmm), daal, rice, salad, papad, dessert. Everything that is available. And then that's it. Zero snacking. Absolutely zero snacking. Must be that acid/water whatever logic going on for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I am now more scratch about this than ever. Anyway, I know about 4 or 5 naturally no-bulging-belly-skinny desi people in their 30s and 40s, and this is what I have observed common about all of them. They eat solid 3 meals. Substantial food in breakfast, lunch and dinner. 3-4 rotis, all sabzis (coincidentally they all are vegetarians too, hmm), daal, rice, salad, papad, dessert. Everything that is available. And then that's it. Zero snacking. Absolutely zero snacking. Must be that acid/water whatever logic going on for them.
3 substantial meals seems to be the issue there. For normal activities of life, no healthy adult needs 3 substantial meals. It is 2 substantial meals separated by about 8hrs with a super light fruit/juice snack or 3 lighter meals separated by 6hrs and no snacking in between. And yes coffees/teas and other beverages count for snacks.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:09 pm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131003183706AAnwz9O

"A YOGI should eat only ONE meal a day"

"A BHOGI" eats Two meals a day. (Bhogi=Indulgent)

"A "ROGI" Eats three meals a day" (ROGI =suffering from chronic illness)

Do the International YOGIS accept ?
Additional Details
Sri.Thadshi--I understand--as per this adage I am a ROGI only--I am not able to control my hunger even at 7.5X10.

The message is "Controlling the amount of food" is also a part of YOGA--YOGA is NOT standing on the Head alone..

Yogi Padhanjali says "Citta Vrtthi Nirodham"--but "Gluttony Nirodham" is also YOGA only.
2 months ago
Food restriction is a very essential component of YOGA.

" Taam YOGAmithi Maanyanthay--Sthiram Indriya Dhaaranam"

Craving for Taste and gluttony is NOT YOGA.

Yoga is Not Gymnastics--Indriya Dhaaranam is REAL YOGA

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:00 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131003183706AAnwz9O

Do the International YOGIS accept ?
Additional Details
Sri.Thadshi--I understand--as per this adage I am a ROGI only--I am not able to control my hunger even at 7.5X10.

The message is "Controlling the amount of food" is also a part of YOGA--YOGA is NOT standing on the Head alone..

Yogi Padhanjali says "Citta Vrtthi Nirodham"--but "Gluttony Nirodham" is also YOGA only.
2 months ago
Food restriction is a very essential component of YOGA.

" Taam YOGAmithi Maanyanthay--Sthiram Indriya Dhaaranam"

Craving for Taste and gluttony is NOT YOGA.

Yoga is Not Gymnastics--Indriya Dhaaranam is REAL YOGA
Indriya Dhaaranam is a very significant step towards Yoga. But by itself it is not complete Yoga.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:23 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131003183706AAnwz9O

Baba ji:

In "Those days" each meal consisted of 3 courses with bunch of other veggies and side dishes as stipulated by Shariat-like scriptures.

Today, a meal is an one-course meal or at best 2-course meals (if left overs are considered.)

So this 1,2, 3 meals dont apply to present days. The medical establishment talks from both ends periodically and the current practice is eat a little every 2 hours t0 maintain a constant glucose load. Besides, yogis took a 2 hour nap after their single meal. and the rest of the time they did yoga (closing their eyes or sleeping/dreaming). That is now a luxury for present days, and they have to often eat while walking/driving/train'ing.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down