Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why i hate the death penalty...

5 posters

Go down

why i hate the death penalty... Empty why i hate the death penalty...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:49 pm

...and why i find it hard to understand why someone who was brought up culturally a hindu would end up supporting the death penalty:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/09/07/090907fa_fact_grann?currentPage=all

very sad.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

why i hate the death penalty... Empty Re: why i hate the death penalty...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:07 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:...and why i find it hard to understand why someone who was brought up culturally a hindu would end up supporting the death penalty:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/09/07/090907fa_fact_grann?currentPage=all

very sad.

Death penalty for every murderer - in iSlamic style - is not correct. But, absolutely no death penalty on any account - the extremist pseudo-liberalism - is also incorrect.

Death Penalty should be - and must be - awarded in extreme criminals like mass murderers, bombers, gang-rapists and vaginal rodists. Otherwise it is an injustice to the victims.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:...and why i find it hard to understand why someone who was brought up culturally a hindu would end up supporting the death penalty:

very sad.

Death penalty for every murderer - in iSlamic style - is not correct. But, absolutely no death penalty on any account - the extremist pseudo-liberalism - is also incorrect.

Death Penalty should be - and must be - awarded in extreme criminals like mass murderers, bombers, gang-rapists and vaginal rodists. Otherwise it is an injustice to the victims.

I don't know about India but in the U.S. it is clear that the worst criminals are part of prison gangs with criminal reach outside. Whatever happened to the days of hard labor? Those who are mass murderers and serial rapists need to be sentenced to hard labor and made to work like slaves. The current system falls short in so many ways. Death sentence is an easy way out and not really a deterrent for hardened and repeat criminals.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

very sad.

Death Penalty should be - and must be - awarded in extreme criminals like mass murderers, bombers, gang-rapists and vaginal rodists.

i second that.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:39 am

very sad.
Max, I thought you don't believe in the Hindu fold anymore, religion, dieties, practices, customs and such. Or is it selective choice of Hindu tag that you use sometimes.

I'm a Hindu and practice the religion more than a few here. Hindu religion or tag does NOT have anything to do with choices for death penalty.

BTW, icons Rama and Krishna gave death penalty to demons, though the religion as whole asks for pardon in cases wherever possible.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:10 am

i have always said i am culturally a hindu.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:21 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i have always said i am culturally a hindu.
Which part of hindu culture says that death penalty is wrong? All our epical gods (male and female alike) have always killed the bad guys. 'sishta rakshana dushta sikshana' has always been the motto of hinduism.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:08 am

In 1988 presidential election Bush machinaty ran democracyic candidate dukakis out of town using Willie Horton. This Horton was released on some rehalibitation bail/ early release scheme. He went out and murdered. So Bush said dukasis is weak on crime.
The innocent father sentenced to death or an innocent citizen killed by a paroledhardened criminal are both emotional instruments to distort rational discussion on death penalty.
Usa is slowly moving towards minimizing death penalty. Its misuse against minorities is still a problem. However as uppili stated certain types of criminal acts deserve death penalty in Usa at this time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:56 am

truthbetold wrote:In 1988 presidential election Bush machinaty ran democracyic candidate dukakis out of town using Willie Horton. This Horton was released on some rehalibitation bail/ early release scheme. He went out and murdered. So Bush said dukasis is weak on crime.
The innocent father sentenced to death or an innocent citizen killed by a paroledhardened criminal are both emotional instruments to distort rational discussion on death penalty.
Usa is slowly moving towards minimizing death penalty. Its misuse against minorities is still a problem. However as uppili stated certain types of criminal acts deserve death penalty in Usa at this time.

I think we are talking about the 'Hindu' culture here. USA doesn't have the hindu culture so is irrelevant to the discussion. How many death penalties were executed in India in the past 10-20 yrs and how horrific was the crime?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Kinnera,
discussion on max's Hindu culture can take place when he is ready to defend it.

He used a single sob story to make people guilty about death penalty. That iswhat I am answering.

I will be an anxious spectator to the discussion on Hindu culture if Max shows up.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:11 pm

truthbetold wrote:Kinnera,
discussion on max's Hindu culture can take place when he is ready to defend it.

He used a single sob story to make people guilty about death penalty. That iswhat I am answering.

I will be an anxious spectator to the discussion on Hindu culture if Max shows up.
I may not agree with everything that Uppili writes, but the post above sums up the general psyche of a hindu (probably derived from his/her hindu culture). We are not the brutal ones who hang in public the gays, thieves and other petty criminal or stone to death the adultrators, etc. We are not the pacifists either who'd feed biryanis and attend to the whims and fancies for life of hardcore sociopathic killers like kasab. We are well balanced and support the death penalty only in the rarest of the rare and brutal cases. Not for every murder, rape, homicide, pedophilia, etc. The ones like max want to believe that we do (same with the gays thing. He wants to believe that except him everyone else is against gays).

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i have always said i am culturally a hindu.
Max, you used the Hindu word for no reason, even though you belong to the religion just in name. There's nothing Hindu about opposing the death penalty.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down