Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a great summarization of the reality of Indian society

Go down

This is a great summarization of the reality of Indian society Empty This is a great summarization of the reality of Indian society

Post by Rishi Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:59 am

AR Dany
• 27 minutes ago

Not sure where to even begin with. I've time and again tried to inform people about the actual opinion (now forgotten) of our society and the need for a genuine (rooted in our ethos) renaissance , rather than buying uncritically from outside. The central argument being this plain and simple fact: if the entire world has undergone the same version of history which continental (and medieval) Europe has, then please, by all means, promote and popularize the Western values and societal norms. But, if that is not the case, then the value system, which is a product of one particular civilization's experience and history can't be applied to others.

As for the 'open mindededness', our society never recommended a 'one size fits all' model. Further, I would like to know what makes the standards, value system, social mores in USA (or any other Western country for that matter), so obviously superior than any other? This is not to say we do not have problems, but since they're our problems, shouldn't we have our own solutions?

Though I honestly don't expect much; we're just too late at this point in time.

PS: I've collated the only genuinely Indian view of this matter at donotforgetthepast(dot)blogspot(dot)in so that people may benefit.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/asylum-in-usa-for-indian-gay-couple-sec-377-ruling-swung-their-case-1320969.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down