Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empowerment Index

3 posters

Go down

Empowerment Index Empty Empowerment Index

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:08 pm

Empowerment Index Rukmini_1796085e

Why are Telugus often blamed when posh weddings are common among Keralites/Delhites.
What's wrong with wearing purdah/ghunghat as long as it's not forced on them (NRI patriots should condemn this kind of surveys)
Finally, why nobody is concerned about the fate of those (82%) poor guys that didn't know their wives before marriage Smile

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/many-women-have-no-say-in-marriage/article5801893.ece?homepage=true

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Empowerment Index Empty Re: Empowerment Index

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Cd
I am glad someone has started collecting these statistics. I wish India is bold enough to break down by regions, religions and castes. Solutions need to be found at the root level.

Most of know the dowry and marriage costs are much much larger than reported in some sections. Problem is the societal compulsion for such expense forced on families without sufficient resources.

Statistics and honest and open discussions can help improve the situation. Dowry and caste will stay with Hindu society like death and taxes.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:50 pm

It makes me feel so grateful i belong to a small %age of Indian women who are privileged.
I can't believe 81% women need permission to visit hospitals. Shame on us as a country.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down