Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim wife-hindu hubby - came across this

+2
Rishi
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

Muslim wife-hindu hubby - came across this Empty Muslim wife-hindu hubby - came across this

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:26 pm

....The root cause of all troubles with iSlam...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Muslim wife-hindu hubby - came across this Empty Re: Muslim wife-hindu hubby - came across this

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:13 pm

So you probably know what my question is... if I carry on living with him, is my marriage valid? Am I living in sin? Please could you explain to me how and what should I do. What options do I have available, does he need to convert and believe he is a Muslim for my marriage to be valid?
My children love their father to bits and it breaks my heart because they do miss him very much, but I really need to follow the right path for peace at heart and an example to my children. Please advise.

>>> Living in sin because the HIndu husband is not yet a fanatical Muslim?

I bet this woman may have an IQ of at least 130, could be a
doctor, a neuroscientist or a Ph.D in Economics from MIT.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Muslim wife-hindu hubby - came across this Empty Re: Muslim wife-hindu hubby - came across this

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Unfortunately, the Nikah was not valid in the first place. A Muslima can only marry a fellow Muslim. Any other form of Nikah is not permissible, like when a Muslima marries a non-Muslim on the condition that he later accepts faith. This is the precise reason why in a Nikah ceremony, the Imam will ask the bride and groom to recite the Kalima Sharif; so that the faith of the partners can be firmly established.
In the Holy Qur’an, Allah states:
‘O those who believe! Enter into Islam wholeheartedly and do not follow the steps of the devil.’ (2:208).

>>>It is high time Hindus set aside the caste differences when it comes to marriage.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Rishi wrote:Unfortunately, the Nikah was not valid in the first place. A Muslima can only marry a fellow Muslim. Any other form of Nikah is not permissible, like when a Muslima marries a non-Muslim on the condition that he later accepts faith. This is the precise reason why in a Nikah ceremony, the Imam will ask the bride and groom to recite the Kalima Sharif; so that the faith of the partners can be firmly established.
In the Holy Qur’an, Allah states:
‘O those who believe! Enter into Islam wholeheartedly and do not follow the steps of the devil.’ (2:208).

>>>It is high time Hindus set aside the caste differences when it comes to marriage.

It is already happening. Although arranged inter-caste marriages are still rare, love+arranged marriages across castes is pretty common as long as the status and education etc...are similar - (Guntur-style execution is very rare in South). Seen many brahmin women -nonbrahmin men (similar to hiindu women Muslim men), but a lower caste DIL within a household is still an issue.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

How about you, aunty? Did you accept Allah wholeheartedly when you converted? Or does Abdullahi feel discontented about your non-faith?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

How about you, aunty? Did you accept Allah wholeheartedly when you converted? Or does Abdullahi feel discontented about your non-faith?

>>> Why don't you tell us what you think about the lady who asked the question and the advice she got?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: Seen many brahmin women -nonbrahmin men (similar to hiindu women Muslim men), but a lower caste DIL within a household is still an issue.

the statement above is very similar to the fear that southern white bubbas have that big black men will poke their women, and that they may lose them because the women will get addicted to the more joyful whoopie the women might have with them. hence the phrase, once you go black you can't go back. maybe some hindu men are afflicted with the same type of insecurities about muslim men, and "higher" caste hindu men about "lower" caste hindu men. what do you think of this theory?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

You are the typical example of a conquered soul - always scared of even uttering a single world against iSlam. Your accusations against me are just a cover up of your gayness and Kaboom actitivities. I hear they arrested some 10 people for the Patna blast which you blamed RSS and BJP of causing a smokescreen to create sympathy for Modi. There is no such need. Everyone knows about your gayness and your active sympathies for the iSlamis - that too the Kaboom variety.

Does that Imran Masood train with you in Tora Bora?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: Seen many brahmin women -nonbrahmin men (similar to hiindu women Muslim men), but a lower caste DIL within a household is still an issue.

the statement above is very similar to the fear that southern white bubbas have that big black men will poke their women, and that they may lose them because the women will get addicted to the more joyful whoopie the women might have with them. hence the phrase, once you go black you can't go back. maybe some hindu men are afflicted with the same type of insecurities about muslim men, and "higher" caste hindu men about "lower" caste hindu men. what do you think of this theory?

Let us put it this way, You were parceled out of Mylapore to Powai at 18 and then to the US. Your circle of friends is vastly different from mine. And this is not your forte and I can understand your politically correct statement. next time just count the number of couple you are aware of that has a higher caste hubby (brahmin or otherwise) and a lower caste wife. Goundars and chettiar families will never allow their sons to marry from SC/ST or other lower castes. And the reason I am cited Brahmin-nonbrahmin as an example is bcz that groupp is the one that is somewhat easier to identify. Besides, Brahmins have a tendency to take a broad view and let their daughter marry muslim men or men from outside. She - coming from supposedly a highest caste - is less likely to be mistreated by the hubby's side. She is a trophy - just like Tambrahmis dont mind showcasing their white DIL.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Let us put it this way, You were parceled out of Mylapore to Powai at 18 and then to the US. Your circle of friends is vastly different from mine. And this is not your forte and I can understand your politically correct statement.  next time just count the number of couple you are aware of that has a higher caste hubby (brahmin or otherwise) and a lower caste wife. Goundars and chettiar families will never allow their sons to marry from SC/ST or other lower castes. And the reason I am cited Brahmin-nonbrahmin as an example is bcz that groupp is the one that is somewhat easier to identify. Besides, Brahmins have a tendency to take a broad view and let their daughter marry muslim men or men from outside. She - coming from supposedly a highest caste - is less likely to be mistreated by the hubby's side. She is a trophy - just like Tambrahmis dont mind showcasing their white DIL.

Hey Saamiyaar,

You know more about brahmins than brahmins themselves.

I know a Gujarathi Muslim lady. Her siblings are devout Muslims. The brothers have long beard in Mullah style.

She went to Madras because her younger brother was getting married there. She returned with Sweets and snacks made by the girl's parents. It was the kind of stuff typical Iyer would do for their marriages.  The girl was a TN Brahmin. She met the Mussalman in Canada.

Later there was the conversion cermony for thr girl. When asked why the need to convert, the Muslim lady told us "Otherwise our priests will not accept us."

In a way TN brahmins deserve this. There was a time a TN brahmin family would not marry into other Brahmin family if there was an inter-caste marriage in that family.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:55 pm

why do you tamilians use the northindian word for a muslim? i have never heard the word mussalmAn in TN and yet uppili and rishi who are tamilians use it a lot especially if they want to say something derogatory about muslims. when i grew up in TN we called muslims muslims, sAibu or marakkAyar.  never mussalmAns. the formal reference in written language is isulAmiyar.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why do you tamilians use the northindian word for a muslim? i have never heard the word mussalmAn in TN and yet uppili and rishi who are tamilians use it a lot especially if they want to say something derogatory about muslims. when i grew up in TN we called muslims muslims, sAibu or marakkAyar.  never mussalmAns. the formal reference in written language is isulAmiyar.

in Private - Thulukan. In public Saiyubus orthe elite address them as Muslims...Razz

A mosque was built right NEXT to my uncle's house. (10 feet from his livng room wall). He had no qualms about the mosque and he said most dont attend and only the some topiwalas attend day time prayers. He said these were "labbais" the tamil speaking muslims and harmless nice guys and are considered lower caste among the muslims (he spent 10+ years in Saudi, iran, china, and 20 years in Bombay). He said the mosque was built with Saudi money with full accoustics and A/C halls. and joked these topiwalas became religious on hot summer days to spend some time in A/C rooms. They wanted to use the loudspeakers outside which was turned down by the City govt.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why do you tamilians use the northindian word for a muslim? i have never heard the word mussalmAn in TN and yet uppili and rishi who are tamilians use it a lot especially if they want to say something derogatory about muslims. when i grew up in TN we called muslims muslims, sAibu or marakkAyar.  never mussalmAns. the formal reference in written language is isulAmiyar.

in Private - Thulukan. In public Saiyubus orthe elite address them as Muslims...Razz

A mosque was built right NEXT to my uncle's house. (10 feet from his livng room wall). He had no qualms about the mosque and he said most dont attend and only the some topiwalas attend day time prayers.  He said these were "labbais" the tamil speaking muslims and harmless nice guys and are considered lower caste among the muslims (he spent 10+ years in Saudi, iran, china, and 20 years in Bombay). He said the mosque was built with Saudi money with full accoustics and A/C halls. and joked these topiwalas became religious on hot summer days to spend some time in A/C rooms. They wanted to use the loudspeakers outside which was turned down by the City govt.

Sounds similar to the word used in AP - Thuruka. Also, Musalman is a word used by Muslims themselves in Hyderabad and elsewhere. There was a Muslim lady in the US who once told me that Obama is a Musalman.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:06 pm

>>> I am not sure how on the level this letter is or she is awfully messed up in terms of where she stands on things. She was in a physical relationship with him, had moved in with him and was pregnant but this contradict with her muslim-hood? Seems like the guy is the one who should have bailed on this a long time ago with all her warped obsession with religion and the 'true-god' this and 'one god' that.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Rishi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

>>> Why don't you tell us what you think about the lady who asked the question and the advice she got?

I've never understood the primacy given to religion or caste. Ppl like you and Upps Aunty who revel in showcasing the warts of one religion while blind to your own, are equally incomprehensible. Hence my question to her.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

>>>But he seems to be saying the opposite in terms of this being an issue if the Daughter-in-Law is of a lower caste.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

I've never understood the primacy given to religion or caste. Ppl like you and Upps Aunty who revel in showcasing the warts of one religion while blind to your own, are equally incomprehensible. Hence my question to her.

Noble Gaywala... You cannot profess to be what you are while bad mouthing incessantly only hindu-related crimes and turning a blind eye - rather disappearing - whenever iSlamis commit a crime (which is on a daily basis). Hence my dragging you into every iSlami-related thread.

If you are really what you claim in your response, then you should not butt into ANY religion-related thread like BW, Impy or Bittu.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:56 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Noble Gaywala...  You cannot profess to be what you are while bad mouthing incessantly only hindu-related crimes and turning a blind eye - rather disappearing - whenever iSlamis commit a crime (which is on a daily basis). Hence my dragging you into every iSlami-related thread.

If you are really what you claim in your response, then you should not butt into ANY religion-related thread like BW, Impy or Bittu.  

Aunty, I get my kicks deflating you. Can't help it if your posts are all about Islam. Stop whining.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down