Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AP - New survey

+5
rawemotions
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Vakavaka Pakapaka
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
9 posters

Go down

AP - New survey Empty AP - New survey

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 pm

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140401/nation-politics/article/telugu-desam-bjp-surges-ahead-jagan-reddy-seemandhra-survey

T area - Cong vs TRS,  (35%)
TDP/bjp with 15% far behind

Seemadhra -  TDP ahead of YSRC 
                    TDP leading in coastal area and YSRC ahead in Rayalaseema
                    BJP may help TDP a little bit.

Overall TDP vs YSRC is a major battle. Survey's are not very useful. let us wait for results.

However,  those who are already celebrating victory may want to put their bottles back in basement and wait.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

AP - New survey Empty Re: AP - New survey

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 pm

Who and Why are they celebrating?

Does this mean SeemaAndhraites have no cheemu, netturu, rosham or ingita jnanam? Why are they kowtowing a party that backstabbed them by voting for the split.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Who and Why are they celebrating?

Does this mean SeemaAndhraites have no cheemu, netturu, rosham or ingita jnanam? Why are they kowtowing a party that backstabbed them by voting for the split.
Take a chill pill, CD.  one month back some one is saying, he wins. so he is not guilty.

In any case,  the battle in andhra is too intense for opinion polls to capture. 

Out of 175 in seemandhra,  20 for cong/kiran/cpi/cpm/ind etc.  out of 155, YSRC will get 40 (mostly in rayalaseema, nellore and Prakasam) and TDP will get 55 (mostly in Coastal districts).  That means 60 seats will be fought bitterly between the two of them. with 88 being magic number,  YSRC needs to get 75 to form govt. and TDP /BJP needs to top 80 to form govt. 

It is mahabharat all over.  Let us wait and see.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:20 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Who and Why are they celebrating?

Take a chill pill, CD.  one month back some one is saying, he wins. so he is not guilty.

In any case,  the battle in andhra is too intense for opinion polls to capture. 

Out of 175 in seemandhra,  20 for cong/kiran/cpi/cpm/ind etc.  out of 155, YSRC will get 40 (mostly in rayalaseema, nellore and Prakasam) and TDP will get 55 (mostly in Coastal districts).  That means 60 seats will be fought bitterly between the two of them. with 88 being magic number,  YSRC needs to get 75 to form govt. and TDP /BJP needs to top 80 to form govt. 

It is mahabharat all over.  Let us wait and see.

What? I was only reiterating what was said in that column " there is a significant increase in vote share by TDP-BJP, which is considered pro-bifurcation of state"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Sanjay Barua is saying today that if there is a split in the seats in RS (YSRC) and CA (TDP) regions, there may very well be a demand for a separate Rayalaseema state.

I don't know if he is right. I think that, if Jagan is confined to RS, YSRC may be marginalized as a political force.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:28 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Sanjay Barua is saying today that if there is a split in the seats in RS (YSRC) and CA (TDP) regions, there may very well be a demand for a separate Rayalaseema state.

I don't know if he is right. I think that, if Jagan is confined to RS, YSRC may be marginalized as a political force.

What's changed since bi-elections to make YSR party only Rayalaseema party. Did kosta Kapus attain Niravana so they turned pro-TDP overnight?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Sanjay Barua is saying today that if there is a split in the seats in RS (YSRC) and CA (TDP) regions, there may very well be a demand for a separate Rayalaseema state.

What's changed since bi-elections to make YSR party only Rayalaseema party. Did kosta Kapus attain Niravana so they turned pro-TDP overnight?
What makes you think that Kapus will vote for YSRC and not TDP? In Kosta, the Christians, SC and Reddys will vote for YSRC.

Don't underestimate Jana Shakti. Jana Shakti = Kapu vote bank in Kosta. So, if Jana Shakti is supporting TDP, may be enough Kapus will vote for TDP to increase is tally.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:59 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140401/nation-politics/article/telugu-desam-bjp-surges-ahead-jagan-reddy-seemandhra-survey

T area - Cong vs TRS,  (35%)
TDP/bjp with 15% far behind

Seemadhra -  TDP ahead of YSRC 
                    TDP leading in coastal area and YSRC ahead in Rayalaseema
                    BJP may help TDP a little bit.

Overall TDP vs YSRC is a major battle. Survey's are not very useful. let us wait for results.

However,  those who are already celebrating victory may want to put their bottles back in basement and wait.

I saw a handle "truthbetold007" in a another forum...is that you ???

The key in T is how much COngress and KCR wound each other. It may be a 3-way fight.

Seemandhra - Kiran kumar share may be critical if TDP and YSRC run neck and neck.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

What's changed since bi-elections to make YSR party only Rayalaseema party. 
863 Crores!

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:43 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

What makes you think that Kapus will vote for YSRC and not TDP? In Kosta, the Christians, SC and Reddys will vote for YSRC.

Don't underestimate Jana Shakti. Jana Shakti = Kapu vote bank in Kosta. So, if Jana Shakti is supporting TDP, may be enough Kapus will vote for TDP to increase is tally.

They may not vote for YSRC but it is very unlikely that they vote for TDP and I don't have to tell you the history.

I'm not sure how effective Pawan Kalyan's support will be at this point one has to think not much; you might be overestimating his impact.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:44 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

863 Crores!

My dear * I have no clue * Raw, Jagan was in jail when those elections took place.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

863 Crores!

My dear * I have no clue * Raw, Jagan was in jail when those elections took place.
You seem to be one without clue. 
1) One cannot  equate support in Bi-elections across a few seats to  support in entire AP. 
2) The 863 crore business is getting widely known, due to heightened political awareness, caused by Telengana crisis coming to its final stages.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:12 am

Choices for SA people when viewed from far far away.

Jagan's Baggage - Corruption, Look of Dynasty power , Not a proven leader/builder/developer.

Jagan's Positives – A member of the Reddy ruling caste, Not someone with a need to compromise, His father's goodwill, Trusted in Rayalaseema, A minority and Dalit favorite (Christians, Muslims, SC/ST, etc.).

Naidu’s Baggage – A backstabber, Machiavellian with a relatively small caste-based political base, Viewed as nepotistic, Tolerator of corruption, Questionable judgment, not sympathetic to poor and downtrodden.

Naidu’s Positives – Someone with a vision for development, A proven developer (albeit of only Hyderabad), A good wheeler-dealer from a position of weakness, Respected outside AP, Proactively attracts investors.

Kiran Reddy – Unrealistic, still harping on a united state.

Chiranjeevi – Opportunistic, Weather vane in wind.

Take your pick. 

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:37 am

indophile wrote:Choices for SA people when viewed from far far away.

Jagan's Baggage - Corruption, Look of Dynasty power , Not a proven leader/builder/developer.

Jagan's Positives – A member of the Reddy ruling caste, Not someone with a need to compromise, His father's goodwill, Trusted in Rayalaseema, A minority and Dalit favorite (Christians, Muslims, SC/ST, etc.).

Naidu’s Baggage – A backstabber, Machiavellian with a relatively small caste-based political base, Viewed as nepotistic, Tolerator of corruption, Questionable judgment, not sympathetic to poor and downtrodden.

Naidu’s Positives – Someone with a vision for development, A proven developer (albeit of only Hyderabad), A good wheeler-dealer from a position of weakness, Respected outside AP, Proactively attracts investors.

Take your pick. 

CBN just released his manifesto for AP:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/tdp-manifesto-promises-accelerated-development-in-andhra-pradesh/article5859966.ece?homepage=true

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:08 am

I am glad TDP is again talking about development instead of handing out doles. They were called "cash transfers" by Naidu's son, Lokesh Naidu. I hope they would also talk about educational institutions, medical facilities, etc. They too form the core for development.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

863 Crores!

1) One cannot  equate support in Bi-elections across a few seats to  support in entire AP. 
2) The 863 crore business is getting widely known, due to heightened political awareness, caused by Telengana crisis coming to its final stages.

you are talking to a family member with inside information here. 863 crore? you must be ignoring the first half of uncle's administration when the corruption was like hungry pigs at a sty

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:35 am

CBN maybe a crooked, untrustworthy backstabber, but he's someone who'll be good for SA, much much better than Jagan. CBN has a vision, is intelligent and knows how to develop a region and improve its economy. He fell out of ppl's favor previously coz he didn't do much for the agriculturists. His focus was limited to IT and other major businesses in and around hyderabad. He could rectify that now. With him, we can hope to see SA flourishing.
With Jagan, we can only expect the coffers of the state to deplete. He'd focus only on giving sops to the public, making them beggers and bankrupting the state. We can't expect any development in the region. And also, he's insanely corrupt. Very toxic to the region.

I hope the ppl of SA will get over caste politics, and the anger against CBN for backstabbing them and bring him to power. There's no other better alternative to them. Esp, the Seema ppl need to wise up!

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:43 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

863 Crores!

My dear Sir, it is a basic courtesy to spell the name of the region & the language that you are arguing vociferously

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:51 am

confuzzled dude wrote:What? I was only reiterating what was said in that column " there is a significant increase in vote share by TDP-BJP, which is considered pro-bifurcation of state"

The bifurcation is a done issue. BJP supported it wholly and TDP conditionally (sama nyAyam). Now the issue before the electorate is not 'samaikyAndhra' that both YSJ/KK wanted or promised. They failed to secure what they supported already and cannot secure it even if voted to power. So that point is useless for the electorate to even ponder on. Who will develop the residual AP (Seemandhra) is the most rationale question that the voter should base his choice on.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Kinnera wrote:CBN maybe a crooked, untrustworthy backstabber, but he's someone who'll be good for SA, much much better than Jagan. CBN has a vision, is intelligent and knows how to develop a region and improve its economy. He fell out of ppl's favor previously coz he didn't do much for the agriculturists. His focus was limited to IT and other major businesses in and around hyderabad. He could rectify that now. With him, we can hope to see SA flourishing.
With Jagan, we can only expect the coffers of the state to deplete. He'd focus only on giving sops to the public, making them beggers and bankrupting the state. We can't expect any development in the region. And also, he's insanely corrupt. Very toxic to the region.

I hope the ppl of SA will get over caste politics, and the anger against CBN for backstabbing them and bring him to power. There's no other better alternative to them. Esp, the Seema ppl need to wise up!

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. CBN screwed seemandhraites once already, he is one of the main reason for SAites fate

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:CBN maybe a crooked, untrustworthy backstabber, but he's someone who'll be good for SA, much much better than Jagan. CBN has a vision, is intelligent and knows how to develop a region and improve its economy. He fell out of ppl's favor previously coz he didn't do much for the agriculturists. His focus was limited to IT and other major businesses in and around hyderabad. He could rectify that now. With him, we can hope to see SA flourishing.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. CBN screwed seemandhraites once already, he is one of the main reason for SAites fate
CBN is the not only one to be blamed for SAite's fate. As Smartha said, bifurcation is a done deal. Let's move on. Bifurcation could actually be a positive thing if the SA reason develops and flourishes. And who is better qualified to do that? CBN or Jagan? Def'ly CBN.
If Jagan is chosen, he's going to screw Seemandhrites left, right and central. That's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 pm

smArtha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:What? I was only reiterating what was said in that column " there is a significant increase in vote share by TDP-BJP, which is considered pro-bifurcation of state"

The bifurcation is a done issue. BJP supported it wholly and TDP conditionally (sama nyAyam). Now the issue before the electorate is not 'samaikyAndhra' that both YSJ/KK wanted or promised. They failed to secure what they supported already and cannot secure it even if voted to power. So that point is useless for the electorate to even ponder on. Who will develop the residual AP (Seemandhra) is the most rationale question that the voter should base his choice on.
Enuf already; all this he can only develop was shown as sheer bunkum; I don't for a bit believe in that hype. If anything a leader who has a feel/connect with common folk is what needed for SA. Even Kiran would do better than CBN in that regard

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Enuf already; all this he can only develop was shown as sheer bunkum; I don't for a bit believe in that hype. If anything a leader who has a feel/connect with common folk is what needed for SA. Even Kiran would do better than CBN in that regard

You mean SA needs a perpetual 'odArpu' for loss of YSR and samaikyAndhra? 
This is what I call MT philanthropy.. generally missionaries display this attitude. They want an eternal supply of the poor, the suffering and the destitute so that they can secure their 'odArpu' job forever. They are indifferent to any efforts that will make people self sufficient as that would put themselves out of the job.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Is Jagan still odaarpuing whenever he finds time + gullible folks? The poor constituents eyes must be dry by now.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:40 pm

indophile wrote:Is Jagan still odaarpuing whenever he finds time + gullible folks? The poor constituents eyes must be dry by now.
Odaarpu is like smasaana vairaagyam. If it lasts too long, the subjects should be taken to picchi aasupatri.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:Is Jagan still odaarpuing whenever he finds time + gullible folks? The poor constituents eyes must be dry by now.
Odaarpu is like smasaana vairaagyam. If it lasts too long, the subjects should be taken to picchi aasupatri.
Development chesestanu ane pichchiki kuda virugudu cheppandi saar, vinaleka chastunnam 20 eLLanunchi

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Development chesestanu ane pichchiki kuda virugudu cheppandi saar, vinaleka chastunnam 20 eLLanunchi
Development ki virugudu CONartists eppudO kanipettaaru - brashtaachaaram! Jagan  Vadra ni minchina veerudu - Lotus Pond baagaa gattigaa kattaadu. :-)

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

सुर मंदिर तरु मूल निवासः
शय्या भूतल मजिनं वासः |
सर्व परिग्रह भोग त्यागः
कस्य सुखं करोति विरागः ||१८||

Sura mandira taru moola nivaasah
Satyaa bhootalam ajinam vaasah
Sarva parigraha bhOga tyaagah
Kasya sukham na karOti viraagah

Take your residence in a temple or below a tree, wear the
deerskin for the dress, and sleep with mother earth as your
bed | Give up all attachments and renounce all comforts | Blessed
with such vairgya, could any fail to be content ?

Our politicians ought to try this off and on like Rajnikanth going to Himalayas and come back filled with vigor to romance chics less than half his age.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:43 pm

indophile wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

सुर मंदिर तरु मूल निवासः
शय्या भूतल मजिनं वासः |
सर्व परिग्रह भोग त्यागः
कस्य सुखं करोति विरागः ||१८||

Sura mandira taru moola nivaasah
Satyaa bhootalam ajinam vaasah
Sarva parigraha bhOga tyaagah
Kasya sukham na karOti viraagah

Take your residence in a temple or below a tree, wear the
deerskin for the dress, and sleep with mother earth as your
bed | Give up all attachments and renounce all comforts | Blessed
with such vairgya, could any fail to be content ?

Our politicians ought to try this off and on like Rajnikanth going to Himalayas and come back filled with vigor to romance chics less than half his age.

This applies to CBN and his padayatra in A/C buses.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:This applies to CBN and his padayatra in A/C buses.

True. Does not apply to those 'parama hinsas', that have renounced their self worth and living off of others resources/earnings and have attained to the ultimate abode of the Divine Lotus (Pond).

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

smArtha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:This applies to CBN and his padayatra in A/C buses.

True. Does not apply to those 'parama hinsas', that have renounced their self worth and living off of others resources/earnings and have attained to the ultimate abode of the Divine Lotus (Pond).
We are talking about parama hinsa only; iravi eLLa nunchi eeyana pettina [development] hinsa ni, kottina suttini tattukoleka telangana Vallu kuda vidi poyaru

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:04 pm

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140403/nation-politics/article/ysr-congress-rubbishes-cnn-ibn-survey

While CD gets over his shock at changing equations, here is another news item.

Good discussion on this thread.  AP is a toss up with lead changing every day. Both sides will play up other sides negatives.  Money will play a major role towards the end. 

New Indian political game is paid news,  corrupt opininon polls and trashing opinion polls.  

I still think opinion polls by some organizations are OK.  (India today, c-voter, CNN-IBN, nielsen and few others are OK).  Despite good science, India's multi cornered , opportunistic politics will make it nearly impossible to predict elections.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:18 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

863 Crores!

My dear Sir, it is a basic courtesy to spell the name of the region & the language that you are arguing

Do not understand what you are trying to say, but knowledge of  the 863 crores loot is now widely prevalent, and your point about the Bi-elections is irrelevant.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Raw,

Is that 863 crore number from Indian ED action to confiscate ill-gotten wealth from Jagan mohan reddy?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:Choices for SA people when viewed from far far away.

Take your pick. 

CBN just released his manifesto for AP:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/tdp-manifesto-promises-accelerated-development-in-andhra-pradesh/article5859966.ece?homepage=true

ara chetilo choopinche swargam kuda inta andam ka vundademo saar.. I can't see one item that is realistic.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
863 Crores!

My dear Sir, it is a basic courtesy to spell the name of the region & the language that you are arguing

Do not understand what you are trying to say, but knowledge of  the 863 crores loot is now widely prevalent, and your point about the Bi-elections is irrelevant.

I meant first, try spelling Telangana & Telugu correctly on consistent basis (that is minimum courtesy you can extend to us telugus) then learn a little about the dynamics of regional politics in A.P rather than sounding like a broken record with a single point, then we can discuss in more depth about A.P

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 am

Kindly Ignore this test message.

Last edited by rawemotions on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Test Message)

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I meant first, try spelling Telangana & Telugu correctly on consistent basis (that is minimum courtesy you can extend to us telugus) then learn a little about the dynamics of regional politics in A.P rather than sounding like a broken record with a single point, then we can discuss in more depth about A.P
 Going by your response it is you who seem to be behind the curve on dynamics of regional politics in AP. 

I wouldn't have to re-iterate my points if you had not brought in some feeble irrelevant info to counter my argument. Kindly educate yourself and then do better next time.

If you are going to focus on a vs e (that mistake is being done by many news reports and for the record I do not recollect me typing Telugu wrong anywhere intentionally) rather than the substance of the content, I can then understand why you are behind the curve. 

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 am

To all those holier-than-thou SuCHers that keep harping about corruption on 24x7 basis, comments from a common folk, pretty much aligns with my line of thinking..

"Brigadier Capoor said, “When was corruption not an issue in this country? The Right to Information Act has enabled one to get the maximum issues out, which would have never been known. But, having said that, is it the only issue that the country needs to tackle? We have larger issues like infrastructure, price rise, education and health."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140403/nation-politics/article/enough-hate-speech-people-want-clean-netas

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 am

confuzzled dude wrote:To all those holier-than-thou SuCHers that keep harping about corruption on 24x7 basis, comments from a common folk, pretty much aligns with my line of thinking..

"Brigadier Capoor said, “When was corruption not an issue in this country? The Right to Information Act has enabled one to get the maximum issues out, which would have never been known. But, having said that, is it the only issue that the country needs to tackle? We have larger issues like infrastructure, price rise, education and health."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140403/nation-politics/article/enough-hate-speech-people-want-clean-netas

You are wrong. Corruption is the major factor that is creating road blocks in India's path to become a developed country.
Just take the case of jalayagnam. Without corruption (or with substantially less corruption) , all those projects would've been completed long ago and made AP prosperous.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:33 am

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:To all those holier-than-thou SuCHers that keep harping about corruption on 24x7 basis, comments from a common folk, pretty much aligns with my line of thinking..

You are wrong. Corruption is the major factor that is creating road blocks in India's path to become a developed country.
Just take the case of jalayagnam. Without corruption (or with substantially less corruption)  , all those projects would've been completed long ago and made AP prosperous.

Between Jalayagnam and N'Sagar, how many of such projects came to fruition? Compare that to the progress made on several projects under Jalayagnam umbrella.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:35 am

we know your line of thinking is almost always a populist one but this one in particular is at odds with the experiences of rest of the world. please read on it (other than wapo headlines which support your preconceived positions)

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:

Just take the case of jalayagnam. Without corruption (or with substantially less corruption)  , all those projects would've been completed long ago and made AP prosperous.

Between Jalayagnam and N'Sagar, how many of such projects came to fruition? Compare that to the progress made on several projects under Jalayagnam umbrella.

Sriram sagar project for example.
None of the Jalayagnam projects are comparable in scope to N'sagar. Prev govt's didn't spend money in irrigation projects so that comparison is not really valid.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:54 am

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:

None of the Jalayagnam projects are comparable in scope to N'sagar.  Prev govt's didn't spend money in irrigation projects so that comparison is not really valid.

How many decades did take for Sriram sagar to come live. It seems you prefer status quo over corruptiion which can not be eradicated in our lifetimes.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:02 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:[quote="b_A

None of the Jalayagnam projects are comparable in scope to N'sagar.  Prev govt's didn't spend money in irrigation projects so that comparison is not really valid.

How many decades did take for Sriram sagar to come live. It seems you prefer status quo over corruptiion which can not be eradicated in our lifetimes.[/quote]
No. I don't prefer status quo. In the 80's and 90's , India's economy was not so good. So they didn't have the money to spend on projects. Thanks to global boom in 00's and India finally liberalizing the economy in 90's , the results started showing up. Proper investments ( with less corruption as opposed to brazen corruption) in that period would've consolidated the growth.
Name one country which has developed its economy despite corruption? China executes its corrupt officials. Corruption is limited to the top brass and even there its not as much as in India.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:45 pm

[quote="b_ANo. I don't prefer status quo. In the 80's and 90's , India's economy was not so good. So they didn't have the money to spend on projects. Thanks to global boom in 00's and India finally liberalizing the economy in 90's , the results started showing up. Proper investments ( with less corruption as opposed to brazen corruption) in that period would've consolidated the growth.
Name one country which has developed its economy despite corruption? China executes its corrupt officials. Corruption is limited to the top brass and even there its not as much as in India.
[/quote]

I don't think so, India & China are pretty close on corruption index ranking chart. About development without corruption those developed nations didn't get there overnight, it will take time & investment to control corruption, especially in a country like India where corruption entrenched at every level.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:[quote="b_ANo. I don't prefer status quo. In the 80's and 90's , India's economy was not so good. So they didn't have the money to spend on projects. Thanks to global boom in 00's and India finally liberalizing the economy in 90's , the results started showing up. Proper investments ( with less corruption as opposed to brazen corruption) in that period would've consolidated the growth.

I don't think so, India & China are pretty close on corruption index ranking chart. About development without corruption those developed nations didn't get there overnight, it will take time & investment to control corruption, especially in a country like India where corruption entrenched at every level.[/quote]

But if we reward the parties that brazenly indulge in corruption will it not be more firmly entrenched?
In CBN's time , the perception was that only he was a little corrupt and rest of the lower level govt employees were discreetly corrupt. During YSR's time , it was all open and brazen.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I am sure all parties collect money for party funds.  So corruption is all over the place in India. But personal enrichment is not the same.  

Jagan used ysr time in power to run the for his own personal enrichment. His level of corruption was so out of the normal that Sonia Gandhi was worried and put him aside.

Can a state prosper under a corrupt leader?   may be for a short period when stars are aligned properly. Check the example of  Bihar under laoo and Bihar under Nitish. What a difference.  That is the answer.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down