Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irani Chai

4 posters

Go down

Irani Chai Empty Irani Chai

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 13, 2014 9:31 pm

"Teas: The difference in Irani chai and rest of the tea style made in India varies in the making process. The tea leaves are boiled in a separate container along with water and milk is also boiled in separate container. Then while serving to the customers they pour in first the milk then the liquid solution made out of tea leaves. This process is seen in many places which still retain that Iranian touch. The taste of Irani chai is the same whether you go in the morning, afternoon or late evening."

http://timescity.com/blog/irani-chai-in-hyderabad/

-> I miss Irani Chai & namkeen biscuits. Every time I'm back home I make it a point to pay a visit to Irani cafe near my parent's place. Speaking of Hyderabad special, a colleague of mine brought another  popular item from Hyd. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karachi_Bakery

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Irani Chai Empty Re: Irani Chai

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 pm

why are you not having nepali chai instead? this shows your bias against hindus.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Agreed. Irani chai, karachi fruit biscuits, hyderabadi dum biryani and haleem are to die for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why are you not having nepali chai instead? this shows your bias against hindus.

You lost your mind, totally!

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 13, 2014 9:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why are you not having nepali chai instead? this shows your bias against hindus.
wonder what kind of chai our chai wallah was selling/serving, saffron tea perhaps?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Kinnera wrote:Agreed. Irani chai, karachi fruit biscuits, hyderabadi dum biryani and haleem are to die for.
Add double ka meeTa too. Haleem has become very popular of late, is available all over the city.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Agreed. Irani chai, karachi fruit biscuits, hyderabadi dum biryani and haleem are to die for.
Add double ka meeTa too. Haleem has become very popular of late, is available all over the city.

Ya, that too!

.....and charminar bangles, chudiyaan!

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

I don't know why those Karachi fruit biscuits are popular, they don't even taste that great. I'm probably biased against them though. We had a never ending supply of those, and every time we were down to the last few, I had to trek to get another box. Which gave me just enough time to pick up my mother's favorite magazine from the street side shop, and read the stories and serials that we weren't allowed to, on the way back home.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
wonder what kind of chai our chai wallah was selling/serving, saffron tea perhaps?

Ahh! such contempt! how are you guys going to face the situation next week? ayyo!  tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:I don't know why those Karachi fruit biscuits are popular, they don't even taste that great. I'm probably biased against them though. We had a never ending supply of those, and every time we were down to the last few, I had to trek to get another box. Which gave me just enough time to pick up my mother's favorite magazine from the street side shop, and read the stories and serials that we weren't allowed to, on the way back home.

You kidding? They taste great! That's what i told my parents to get on their trip to US.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Kinnera wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:I don't know why those Karachi fruit biscuits are popular, they don't even taste that great. I'm probably biased against them though. We had a never ending supply of those, and every time we were down to the last few, I had to trek to get another box. Which gave me just enough time to pick up my mother's favorite magazine from the street side shop, and read the stories and serials that we weren't allowed to, on the way back home.

You kidding? They taste great! That's what i told my parents to get on their trip to US.
For my parents two mandatory items, Pulla Reddy sweets & Karachi Bakery biscuits, they don't ever forget to bring. My kids developed a taste for them too.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue May 13, 2014 10:26 pm

The first thing I do when I meet up with old friends in Hyd is to drink Chai at the same old dirty cafe with smoke and grime filling the place, a hundred different voices chatting excitedly, waiters keeping a poker face as they handle orders from various tables for Chai, empty cups, Osmani biscuits, chota samosa, etc.
They boil the milk a lot, till it gets a brownish color. And they also add condensed milk to it.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down