Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sidhartha Varadarajan: Modi has failed to reach out to minorities

+5
Hellsangel
confuzzled dude
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sidhartha Varadarajan: Modi has failed to reach out to minorities Empty Sidhartha Varadarajan: Modi has failed to reach out to minorities

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:10 am

Another area to watch closely will be the Modi government's attitude towards law and order, and especially the right of vulnerable citizens - women, minorities, adivasis and dalits - to security, justice and equity.

Mr Modi lost a golden opportunity during the election campaign to assure India's Muslims that they would be safe under him when his attention was drawn to VHP leader Pravin Togadia's suggestion that violence be used to evict a Muslim family in Bhavnagar that had bought a house in a so-called Hindu area.

As Gujarat's Chief Minister and Home Minister, Mr Modi could have reached out to the Muslim family and assured them - and by extension all of India's Muslims - that they had the right to live and work wherever they liked in India and that he would defend their right to do so. Sadly, he made no such effort. All he did was tweet his disapproval of those "claiming to be BJP's well wishers [who] are deviating the campaign from the issues of development & good governance."

Will Mr Modi as Prime Minister be more concerned about the insecurity Indian Muslims feel than he was as a candidate for the job? Will he find a way to reach out to this crucial section of the population which today views him with distrust? Or will he regard any talk about addressing their concerns and fears as "appeasement"?

Mr Modi's critics can be forgiven for feeling a knot in their stomach today but this is not the first time the Indian electorate has ignored the unpleasant baggage a candidate brings and been seduced by the dream of technology, development and corruption-free government.

In December 1984, Rajiv Gandhi won 404 seats barely a month after his Congress party presided over the mass murder of Sikhs in Delhi, Kanpur, Bokaro and other north Indian cities. Rajiv was an attractive figure for young voters who embodied the same kind of technocratic promise that Mr Modi does today. The mandate Rajiv received was even more decisive. He ran a government with virtually no checks and balances, and was the darling of the corporate sector. But as his failures mounted, the temptation to create diversions and play the politics of vote-banks proved irresistible.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/opinion/the-promise-and-peril-of-the-modi-result-525627

Back to top Go down

Sidhartha Varadarajan: Modi has failed to reach out to minorities Empty Re: Sidhartha Varadarajan: Modi has failed to reach out to minorities

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 9:11 am

what makes varadarajan thinks he wants to?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Sidhartha Varadarajan: Modi has failed to reach out to minorities Empty Re: Sidhartha Varadarajan: Modi has failed to reach out to minorities

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

Did Rajiv Gandhi assure the Sikhs when he took over as PM in 1984?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what makes varadarajan thinks he wants to?

Varadarajan is addressing the Indian people in his article, and not Modi. He is basically offering a criticism of Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:19 am

Kinnera wrote:Did Rajiv Gandhi assure the Sikhs when he took over as PM in 1984?

Two wrongs don't make one right. Further Manmohan and Sonia have apologized to the Sikhs and have given reassurance to them in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 9:21 am

Kinnera wrote:Did Rajiv Gandhi assure the Sikhs when he took over as PM in 1984?

it is tiring if every criticism of modi is automatically taken to be a positive comment about congress. i dislike the congress, and i think what the congress did in the aftermath of IG's assassination was reprehensible. but rajiv is dead, gone, ashes to ashes and dust to dust. my comment was directed to all the people who think modi has failed by not reaching out to the muslim minority and reassuring them that their rights will not be trampled upon. he has only failed if he wanted to reach out and has not yet gotten around to it. by his reckoning and that of his supporters he has succeeded phenomenally.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 9:23 am

Neither did the italian mata/family reach out to hindus ? if anything they were robbing the pandaram to pay Pasha

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 am

Rashmun wrote:

Two wrongs don't make one right. Further Manmohan and Sonia have apologized to the Sikhs and have given reassurance to them in the past.
 Rolling Eyes  When? More than two decades later? That too a mere lip service? Were the cong leaders who were directly involved in that Sikh pogram ever punished? Was Rajiv Gandhi ever held accountable for that? What does this Varadarajan dude have to say about all that? Hypocrisy and double standards!

You know what? It is these double standard and hypocritical scumbags who helped the urban educated to polarize towards Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 am

here are the things to carefully watch for in the coming months and years:

1) how much stick modi allows the RSS to wield.
2) whether the press remains free, or whether modi will start to muzzle them like IG did.
3) what he does in the J&K region.
4) general communal conflagrations all over the country.
5) how much ballsiness he shows in the northeast where the chinese have started making inroads.

the last one will really show us whether the virility attributed to him by those afflicted by modi mancrushes  is justified.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:here are the things to carefully watch for in the coming months and years:

2) whether the press remains free, or whether modi will start to muzzle them like IG did.

with respect to all your points, particularly point 1, you must remember that it is the RSS who is the Big Brother here. If Modi goes all out to woo Muslims and Christians tomorrow he will be booted out as PM by the RSS. Of course, Modi will never do this since he is thoroughly indoctrinated in RSS ideology due to his joining RSS at an early age and then going on to complete all the training and study levels in the RSS in which the brainwashing takes place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 9:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

it is tiring if every criticism of modi is automatically taken to be a positive comment about congress. i dislike the congress, and i think what the congress did in the aftermath of IG's assassination was reprehensible. but rajiv is dead, gone, ashes to ashes and dust to dust. my comment was directed to all the people who think modi has failed by not reaching out to the muslim minority and reassuring them that their rights will not be trampled upon. he has only failed if he wanted to reach out and has not yet gotten around to it. by his reckoning and that of his supporters he has succeeded phenomenally.

Calm down calm down... the Chaddis are just returning what was dished out to them for the last 10 years directing any and all discussions to Murderer Modi and 2002 Riots.

What goes around comes around.

Modi has already said he will be the PM for ALL people and development of ALL people. Period. It is the responsibility of the muslims to reach out out to the hindus, RSS, BJP, and Modi. Period.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:38 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Rajiv Gandhi may be dead, but the congress is not. The ppl who bring up the 2002 riots constantly were there when 1984 massacres happened and they are alive today. Why were they mum about those then and don't like to bring them up now? History can't be erased even if the ones who perpetrated the atrocities and got into the history books are dead. The argument that Rajiv is dead, gone, ashes to ashes and dust to dust and hence 1984 riots are irrelevant in the current day is a dumb argument.

The author brought up Rajiv's victory in 1984, but didn't think about the Sikh riots. Funny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:40 am

'Equal development, equal justice, equal treatment of all, nobody will be left behind' isn't an assurance to everyone, including muslims?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun May 18, 2014 9:41 am

Douchemun is back to his favorite pastime, wooing Muslims....why the fuck should modi woo anybody just because they are feeling insecure...he should guarantee their safety as citizens with stern law enforcement and muzzle any fringe elements in his party, no more. The sooner ppl start treating minorities as citizens of India and not a vote block, the better.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 9:42 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Rajiv Gandhi may be dead, but the congress is not. The ppl who bring up the 2002 riots constantly were there when 1984 massacres happened and they are alive today. Why were they mum about those then and don't like to bring them up now? History can't be erased even if the ones who perpetrated the atrocities and got into the history books are dead. The argument that Rajiv is dead, gone, ashes to ashes and dust to dust and hence 1984 riots are irrelevant in the current day is a dumb argument.

The author brought up Rajiv's victory in 1984, but didn't think about the Sikh riots. Funny!

Wait...what is wrong about thinking and dragging the dead in our discussions? ther religionists may not remember or recall the dead, but the hindus believe in remembering them all the time.

So dragging, Rajiv, Indira, Nehru is just regular and all normal practice for hindus.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 9:43 am

Kinnera wrote:Why were they mum about those then and don't like to bring them up now?

i don't know what you mean by mum, but i was in my teens and not particularly politically aware. my extended family who lived in greater kailash, delhi hid sikh neighbors for weeks until things cooled down. i don't know anyone in my family who wasn't shocked by the excesses on sikhs.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:46 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:here are the things to carefully watch for in the coming months and years:

with respect to all your points, particularly point 1, you must remember that it is the RSS who is the Big Brother here. If Modi goes all out to woo Muslims and Christians tomorrow he will be booted out as PM by the RSS. Of course, Modi will never do this since he is thoroughly indoctrinated in RSS ideology due to his joining RSS at an early age and then going on to complete all the training and study levels in the RSS in which the brainwashing takes place.
Why should anyone woo any community? Treat everyone equally. This 'wooing' does more harm than good to the wooed communities. Ppl got to be wise to understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 9:46 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:he should guarantee their safety as citizens with stern law enforcement and muzzle any fringe elements in his party, no more. The sooner ppl start treating minorities as citizens of India and not a vote block, the better.

this i can agree with. but neither you nor i have lived in a country or society as part of a minority population where our physical safety is sporadically threatened. it wouldn't hurt him to reassure them.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:56 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Why were they mum about those then and don't like to bring them up now?

i don't know what you mean by mum, but i was in my teens and not particularly politically aware. my extended family who lived in greater kailash, delhi hid sikh neighbors for weeks until things cooled down. i don't know anyone in my family who wasn't shocked by the excesses on sikhs.
We all were teens at the time. So? Is that an excuse to put them behind and pretend that they never happened and not talk about the hypocrisy of the party and its supporters when they constantly bring up 2002, but conveniently ignore that their party ppl were responsible for 1984.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 9:58 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

We all were teens at the time. So? Is that an excuse to put them behind and pretend that they never happened and not talk about the hypocrisy of the party and its supporters when they constantly bring up 2002, but conveniently ignore that their party ppl were responsible for 1984.

nobody is doing that except in your imagination.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 am

Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Rolling Eyes  When? More than two decades later? That too a mere lip service? Were the cong leaders who were directly involved in that Sikh pogram ever punished? Was Rajiv Gandhi ever held accountable for that? What does this Varadarajan dude have to say about all that? Hypocrisy and double standards!

You know what? It is these double standard and hypocritical scumbags who helped the urban educated to polarize towards Modi.

Congress had appointed a Sikh as the PM. This was no lip service. Just the fact that a Sikh was the PM gave pride and joy to the Sikhs and acted as a balm to those Sikhs who were nursing bruised hearts.

Will BJP appoint a muslim as a PM to do the same? Forget that, will Modi even offer lip service?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

What? Ppl talking about 2002 constantly is in my imagination?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:04 am

Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Why should anyone woo any community? Treat everyone equally. This 'wooing' does more harm than good to the wooed communities. Ppl got to be wise to understand that.

By wooing I meant reassuring them that 2002 will not be repeated if Modi's plans for the Indian economy fail to give results. The danger is that if there is disenchantment with the Modi govt due to economic reasons then we will see communal riots as a tool to polarize the electorate and win in election after election.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 10:04 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

no that is not, but your assertion that people have forgotten or ignoring 1984 is in your imagination. the reason 1984 was not relevant in the most recent election is that rajiv gandhi is dead and he wasn't competing in this election.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:06 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

no that is not, but your assertion that people have forgotten or ignoring 1984 is in your imagination. the reason 1984 was not relevant in the most recent election is that rajiv gandhi is dead and he wasn't competing in this election.
1984 becomes relevant every time 2002 is brought up.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 10:09 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

in that case india will never make progress on muzzling communal violence. because every incident and the non-response or active abetting by the government in charge will be justified by the one most recently preceding it and on and on and on.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:21 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:Douchemun is back to his favorite pastime, wooing Muslims....why the fuck should modi woo anybody just because they are feeling insecure...he should guarantee their safety as citizens with stern law enforcement and muzzle any fringe elements in his party, no more. The sooner ppl start treating minorities as citizens of India and not a vote block, the better.

By wooing I meant reassuring them that 2002 will not be repeated if Modi's plans for the Indian economy fail to give results. The danger is that if there is disenchantment with the Modi govt due to economic reasons then we will see communal riots as a tool to polarize the electorate and win in election after election.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:he should guarantee their safety as citizens with stern law enforcement and muzzle any fringe elements in his party, no more. The sooner ppl start treating minorities as citizens of India and not a vote block, the better.

this i can agree with. but neither you nor i have lived in a country or society as part of a minority population where our physical safety is sporadically threatened. it wouldn't hurt him to reassure them.
What Propa meant was, they could learn a lot from me; As a minority in America, try to be as white as you can, you know like posing as a gun nut, criticizing blacks for violence, drugs, teen pregnancy, lack of family values etc.,

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:33 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

What Propa meant was, they could learn a lot from me; As a minority in America, try to be as white as you can, you know like posing as a gun nut, criticizing blacks for violence, drugs, teen pregnancy, lack of family values etc.,

LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

in that case india will never make progress on muzzling communal violence. because every incident and the non-response or active abetting by the government in charge will be justified by the one most recently preceding it and on and on and on.
that's why shed the hypocrisy, double standards, and partiality. Be fair, objective and impartial. Don't find excuses. Resist such things even if they are perpetrated by the pseudo secular congress or the lefties, not just the right wingers.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 10:43 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

that's why shed the hypocrisy, double standards, and partiality. Be fair, objective and impartial. Don't find excuses. Resist such things even if they are perpetrated by the pseudo secular congress or the lefties, not just the right wingers.

this would be a fair statement if there was no criticism of the congress govt in 1984 when the sikh pogroms took place. is that what you are asserting?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

this would be a fair statement if there was no criticism of the congress govt in 1984 when the sikh pogroms took place. is that what you are asserting?
There wasn't much at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 11:26 am

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/modi-meets-advani/article6022284.ece?homepage=true

Simultaneously, BJP leaders Venkaiah Naidu, Kalraj Mishra and Harsh Vardhan visited ‘Keshav Kunj’, the RSS office here at Jhandelwalan, for talks with senior functionaries.

“I have come to meet seniors. The RSS never gets into things like Cabinet formation,” said Mr. Naidu talking to reporters after meeting RSS leaders.

Harsh Vardhan said that the BJP leaders keep visiting the RSS office from time to time and downplayed talk that the visits were linked to Cabinet formation exercise.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun May 18, 2014 11:35 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Comrade, you seem to suffer from the minority persecution complex no matter what country you are in.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 11:47 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Let us put it this way... No matter hw many times Modi repeats what you demanded, you will always call him a hindu fundamentalist fanatic. why ? bcz of the track record of the intellectual idiots - aren't they still blaming him for 2002 riots and calling him a murderer despite several court cases, Govt commissions, and Supreme court had absolved him of wrong doing.

You may not have lived as a minority in a country but to feel the miniority fears and pain is a basic human nature. I have never heard you sympathise ONCE for the hindus or Pakistan or Kashmiri Pandits. But, you can understand fully the insecurity and fears of Muslims ?

Perhaps the muslims should convince their brethren and Ummah to treat the christian and hindu minorities now that they "feel" inseccure at the sight of hindus voting for a hindu...

What a debauchery.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun May 18, 2014 12:02 pm

You and Max blabber without any reason.

Old man, open your eyes.

Muslim majority areas voted 40% for BJP and 13% for Congress -- Source NDTV during continuing of votes. I made a post then. GOOGLE

Somehow blind idiots (you and Max included) can't be made to understand anything.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 12:21 pm

southindian wrote:You and Max blabber without any reason.

Old man, open your eyes.

Muslim majority areas voted 40% for BJP and 13% for Congress -- Source NDTV during continuing of votes. I made a post then. GOOGLE

Somehow blind idiots (you and Max included) can't be made to understand anything.

and idefix provided a perfectly reasonable explanation. much easier to rile up communal passions amongst the hindu minority and get them to polls in much larger numbers in muslim majority regions than in other places.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun May 18, 2014 1:12 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

oh it's so wrong...everyone must be like you comrade: supporting status quo corrupt thugs back home solely on basis of some castiest associations and feudal links, hating westerners due to some anticolonial hang ups, forming your political views in america purely out of reactionary fear and loathing of white man, endlessly hating the country and it's systems while shamelessly making a good living here....that's the only way for indians to live.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun May 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:Another area to watch closely will be the Modi government's attitude towards law and order, and especially the right of vulnerable citizens - women, minorities, adivasis and dalits - to security, justice and equity.

Mr Modi lost a golden opportunity during the election campaign to assure India's Muslims that they would be safe under him when his attention was drawn to VHP leader Pravin Togadia's suggestion that violence be used to evict a Muslim family in Bhavnagar that had bought a house in a so-called Hindu area.

As Gujarat's Chief Minister and Home Minister, Mr Modi could have reached out to the Muslim family and assured them - and by extension all of India's Muslims - that they had the right to live and work wherever they liked in India and that he would defend their right to do so. Sadly, he made no such effort. All he did was tweet his disapproval of those "claiming to be BJP's well wishers [who] are deviating the campaign from the issues of development & good governance."

Will Mr Modi as Prime Minister be more concerned about the insecurity Indian Muslims feel than he was as a candidate for the job? Will he find a way to reach out to this crucial section of the population which today views him with distrust? Or will he regard any talk about addressing their concerns and fears as "appeasement"?

Mr Modi's critics can be forgiven for feeling a knot in their stomach today but this is not the first time the Indian electorate has ignored the unpleasant baggage a candidate brings and been seduced by the dream of technology, development and corruption-free government.

In December 1984, Rajiv Gandhi won 404 seats barely a month after his Congress party presided over the mass murder of Sikhs in Delhi, Kanpur, Bokaro and other north Indian cities. Rajiv was an attractive figure for young voters who embodied the same kind of technocratic promise that Mr Modi does today. The mandate Rajiv received was even more decisive. He ran a government with virtually no checks and balances, and was the darling of the corporate sector. But as his failures mounted, the temptation to create diversions and play the politics of vote-banks proved irresistible.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/opinion/the-promise-and-peril-of-the-modi-result-525627

>>> I just looked up Varadarajan's background and considering that it is surprising that he lacks perspective when it comes to governance. Ensuring minority rights is one thing but running round and round this mulberry bush to the exclusion of everything else is not what a leader is elected for. The disapproval of Togadia in the middle of running a political campaign reflects where Modi stands on the issue. I am not sure what SV wants him to do.  Dreams of technology, development and corruption-free government are not fantasies. They are legitimate dreams and goals.  It's almost like in Varadarajan's world, every CEO would have to move his desk to the HR dept and focus on the minutiae of compliance with ADA rules and stop worrying about manufacturing, marketing and finance.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun May 18, 2014 2:03 pm

As long as Muslims don't burn train compartments filled with women and children, they should be safe.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun May 18, 2014 2:11 pm

nevada wrote:As long as Muslims don't burn train compartments filled with women and children, they should be safe.
Oh yes.

In all these discussion on riots, we all forgot those innocent passengers burnt on the train. 

I haven't read many articles here about those dead.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

oh it's so wrong...everyone must be like you comrade: supporting status quo corrupt thugs back home solely on basis of some castiest associations and feudal links, hating westerners due to some anticolonial hang ups, forming your political views in america purely out of reactionary fear and loathing of white man, endlessly hating the country and it's systems while shamelessly making a good living here....that's the only way for indians to live.
me criticizing American foreign policy is hatred but someone drubbing a certain community endlessly hoping that will to get him into the good side of white majority is showing love for America. I get it I get it.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun May 18, 2014 2:17 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

me criticizing American foreign policy is hatred but someone drubbing a certain community endlessly hoping that will to get him into the good side of white majority is showing love for America. I get it I get it.

>>>CD,

Why do you want to view these opinions in the context of whites? Are you saying there are and have been no interactions between hindus and muslims in India that would not have caused someone who grew up there to form an opinion?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:18 pm

nevada wrote:As long as Muslims don't burn train compartments filled with women and children, they should be safe.

Modi took office on 7 October 2001. He had been chief minister only four months when, on 27 February, a party of Hindutva activists, returning from Ayodhya, where they had been holding a tenth-anniversary celebration of the destruction of the Babri Masjid, were caught in a burning wagon as their train stopped in Godhra station. Fifty-nine people were burned to death. A subsequent investigation found that the fire started by accident, due to a malfunctioning gas cylinder, but Modi, without evidence, immediately announced that it was a Pakistani-Muslim conspiracy. He called a statewide strike and had the burned bodies of the Hindutva activists paraded around Ahmedabad while he made a series of incendiary speeches.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/05/narendra-modi-man-masses?utm_content=buffercbbcc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun May 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Rashmun,

You are wasting your time. CONMen are no longer in a position to BS about the "minority". The minority itself has turned its back to CONartists. Just look at the fate of those who have been using minorities as a tool to acquiring power - CONmen, Mulayam, Laloo and Maya - they are all decimated beyond repair by the voters.

Muslims of UP and Bihar did not reject BJP. In fact, they voted for BJP in this election.

Modi will show the crooks, who have been using the minority card, that everyone in India will be included in the development agenda. Muslims across India will learn in the next 5 years that they wasted their votes for the last 60 years by sending CONcrocks, MullahYaams, fodder-eating Laloos and money-grabbing and self-serving Mayas to parliament. Just wait and see. Muslims will nicely integrate into the mainstream and pay more attention to education, jobs and prosperity building.

Sonia is lucky that Indians are generally forgiving. If she were playing her games in Europe, she would have been given the Marie Antoinette treatment.

Varadarajan is a known Modi hater. He is unable to deal with the tremendous victory that Modi has. He is better off to hide for a while like that Vir Singhvi fellow did. Even Commie N Ram has become quiet after the election.

Neech Garibi Hatao.

Last edited by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Sun May 18, 2014 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Comrade, you seem to suffer from the minority persecution complex no matter what country you are in.
That's right That's right. I'm the one that pees in my pants to criticize American policies fearing they will come get me due to my non-white/Indian race.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Kris wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

>>>CD,

Why do you want to view these opinions in the context of whites? Are you saying there are and have been no interactions between hindus and muslims in India that would not have caused someone who grew up there to form an opinion?
Kris, Propa from Vijayawada & Uppili from Coimbatore should be the last persons to complain about these interactions because they probably had none in India. I actually meant black community in my previous response.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/modi-meets-advani/article6022284.ece?homepage=true

Simultaneously, BJP leaders Venkaiah Naidu, Kalraj Mishra and Harsh Vardhan visited ‘Keshav Kunj’, the RSS office here at Jhandelwalan, for talks with senior functionaries.

“I have come to meet seniors. The RSS never gets into things like Cabinet formation,” said Mr. Naidu talking to reporters after meeting RSS leaders.

Harsh Vardhan said that the BJP leaders keep visiting the RSS office from time to time and downplayed talk that the visits were linked to Cabinet formation exercise.

Notice that it is the BJP leaders who keep visiting the RSS office from time to time and not the other way round. The reason for this is that the RSS is the mother ship of the BJP and other saffron organizations like Bajrang Dal, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:41 pm

After ushering in generational change in the BJP and conducting the election exercise with the BJP following its poll blueprint, the RSS, it is learnt, is now planning changes in the organisational structure of the saffron party.

Sources disclosed one of the changes in the BJP could be a new general secretary. The Sangh, which has always opposed personality cults, however, is not denying the enthusiasm that Mr Modi’s candidature infused in the Sangh cadre.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140513/nation-politics/article/rss-take-backdoor-control-bjp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:51 pm

The tale of two Parivaars. A nice discussion:

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/video/player/the-buck-stops-here/watch-bjp-plans-its-future-congress-weighs-its-past/321927?pfrom=home-lateststories

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next