Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire

+3
truthbetold
nevada
confuzzled dude
7 posters

Go down

Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire Empty Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire Crossfire

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire Empty Re: Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:59 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/depth-of-gaza-devastation-becomes-clear-after-cease-fire/2014/07/26/a5a01702-14c9-11e4-9285-4243a40ddc97_story.html?hpid=z1

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire Empty Re: Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire

Post by nevada Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Why do these hamassholes have to go and stir the hornet's nest time to time?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:26 pm

nevada wrote:Why do these hamassholes have to go and stir the hornet's nest time to time?
Not sure if Hamas is/are solely responsible for the mayhem this time around.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Middle east politics are murky. What I heard on radio is that qatar is funding this round of rocket acquisition.  Saudi's may be encouraging or at best not objecting.  Egypt is conduit.  

The killing of 3 isreali yound people which started this war was a planned prelude to this invasion, according to  my rightwing nut acquaintances.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire Crossfire

Who started it all ? and who killed the 3 teenagers first?

Allah says...dont be afraid to die in Jihad and you will be rewarded in the heaven. These folks were fighting Jihad and should be happy to die and go to heaven.

If you light a match to your own house, dont whine when it gets burnt down.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Depth of Gaza devastation becomes clear after cease-fire Crossfire

Allah says...dont be afraid to die in Jihad and you will be rewarded in the heaven. These folks were fighting Jihad and should be happy to die and go to heaven.

Exactly. Lacking the firepower to wage a conventional war, they kill and maim civilians, blast civilian areas etc. Then they cry wolf when they get the backlash.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:30 pm

nevada wrote:

Exactly. Lacking the firepower to wage a conventional war, they kill and maim civilians, blast civilian areas etc. Then they cry wolf when they get the backlash.
and (assuming that was the truth) that justifies all this destruction, human loss & shelling children's wards in hospitals? were the kids sleeping on the beds in the hospital are acting as human shields for Hamas?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:15 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
nevada wrote:

and (assuming that was the truth) that justifies all this destruction, human loss & shelling children's wards in hospitals? were the kids sleeping on the beds in the hospital are acting as human shields for Hamas?
Which is why Hamassholes should not go looking for trouble. You don't go and rile up a powerful, evil enemy if you want to stay safe.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
nevada wrote:

YES.

Responsibility for any and all collateral damage in Gaza and West Bank lies in the hands of the Hamas.

So you and your like and the Ummah should advise and control your terror wing - Hamas.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:44 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/letter-to-mumbai-police-threatens-revenge-for-gaza-attacks-566202?pfrom=home-lateststories

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:49 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/letter-to-mumbai-police-threatens-revenge-for-gaza-attacks-566202?pfrom=home-lateststories

Any "Sadha" solutions for thisisue from the "guru?"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/letter-to-mumbai-police-threatens-revenge-for-gaza-attacks-566202?pfrom=home-lateststories

Any "Sadha" solutions for thisisue from the "guru?"
His solutions are 'sadha' but may look like extreme/heretic for most followers of any organized religion.
He just tells/teaches each one to manage 'the self' (no reference to our TS Smile ). And he also tells  ppl not to believe on later heaven or hell or any 72 virgins but very few would heed....

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:06 pm

What can CD respond?  There is no logical responses to many questions in middle east. There are easy or near term solutions.  All parties are waiting to weaken and destroy the other party.  

At a tactical level,  small wars like this happen at regular intervals. One can try to put blame on party or the other but both sides will show long term harm done by the other side as justification of their extreme activities. 

At some point,  both sides must get tired and agree to settle for peace.  It is not likely to happen during Obama regime.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:12 pm

As much as I claim to be desensitized and detached..it is unbearable to watch the news, and I am unable to stay away completely from it..or stop thinking about it.

Mr. Obama, my dear President and Nobel Peace Prize winner..must be sleeping well at night.  

Good for him, I am deeply disappointed.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Maria S wrote:As much as I claim to be desensitized and detached..it is unbearable to watch the news, and I am unable to stay away completely from it..or stop thinking about it.

Mr. Obama, my dear President and Nobel Peace Prize winner..must be sleeping well at night.  

Good for him, I am deeply disappointed.
maria,

what do you suggest he should do?  May be take f-16 and fly to tel aviv and slap bibi.  Obama did not start it. He can help but he cannot solve it if the quarreling parties are refusing to be reasonable.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:49 pm

TBT,

No funny answers from me:) And I don't expect miracles in the Middle East.

As the Pres of the US..he can do more "with a sense of urgency" on the diplomatic and humanitarian fronts.

That is not too much to expect at all.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm

truthbetold wrote:What can CD respond?  There is no logical responses to many questions in middle east. There are easy or near term solutions.  All parties are waiting to weaken and destroy the other party.  

At a tactical level,  small wars like this happen at regular intervals. One can try to put blame on party or the other but both sides will show long term harm done by the other side as justification of their extreme activities. 

At some point,  both sides must get tired and agree to settle for peace.  It is not likely to happen during Obama regime.

But the opposite of that has been happening from as far as I can remember. Both parties get tired or even scared if things are quiet for a while. So they stir the hornet's nest and the saga repeats. Shame on both leaderships for milking the issue.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:20 pm

neveda

i agree with you. Only difference your time is months and may be years.  I am talking about decades and generations.

Europe used to fight constantly but 20th century settled the continent and war is unthinkable in most of western europe.  Peace is possible but it takes time and effort.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Maria S wrote:TBT,

No funny answers from me:) And I don't expect miracles in the Middle East.

As the Pres of the US..he can do more "with a sense of urgency" on the diplomatic and humanitarian fronts.

That is not too much to expect at all.

forget all that..

Velayilladha Pattadhari

Manjapai

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:34 pm

truthbetold wrote:What can CD respond?  There is no logical responses to many questions in middle east. There are easy or near term solutions.  All parties are waiting to weaken and destroy the other party.  

1) I asked CD - long time back - what is the correct response and how many palestinians are worth the three Israeli teengers.

He has not done the math and has not responded yet (never will).

2) When one side thinks laying down/taking lives in the name of defending God is fair game and the other thinks it is fair game to give up/take lives in the name of defending its land - no solution can ever be found. If it all it's possible, this might have been solved long back.

Hence....the instigation, retaliation, whining, and condemnation cycle will continue.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

forget all that..

Velayilladha Pattadhari

Manjapai

And Sadhuranga vettai.

Heard it's good too..something different..with questions about who is most powerful-valuable on the chess board..the queen, king or pawns etc..who do you want to be-align with and..life strategies.

I want to watch VIP.

Thanks a lot, for putting things in perspective U:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Maria

Obama issued required condemnations as soon as hostilities started. He talked to leaders on both sides. He sent his s of s and kerry is trying some action. 

What exactly should he do?  If you do not have a specific response, it implies you are like millions of others (including me) frustrated with the situation. Obama is the easy target.  I do not support obama blindly but on foreign policy he is doing mostly correct things given the republican obstructive and negative role and given limitation of us role in each of these situations.

World of 2014 is an active place.  Obama is still the most powerful man in the world but world has outgrown us sphere of influence.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:36 pm

1) I asked CD - long time back - what is the correct response and how many palestinians are worth the three Israeli teengers.

2) When one side thinks laying down/taking lives  in the name of defending God is fair game and the other thinks it is fair game to give up/take lives in the name of defending its land - no solution can ever be found. If it all it's possible, this might have been solved long back.

Hence....the instigation, retaliation, whining, and condemnation cycle will continue.

http://www.newsbharati.com//Encyc/2014/7/18/Arab-world-holds-Hamas-responsible-in-latest-conflict.aspx#.U9WnV_ldU8J

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 pm

rawemotions wrote:

2) When one side thinks laying down/taking lives  in the name of defending God is fair game and the other thinks it is fair game to give up/take lives in the name of defending its land - no solution can ever be found. If it all it's possible, this might have been solved long back.

http://www.newsbharati.com//Encyc/2014/7/18/Arab-world-holds-Hamas-responsible-in-latest-conflict.aspx#.U9WnV_ldU8J
http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/europe/38304-140726-austrian-supporters-of-israel-stage-vienna-flashmob

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:32 pm

I think Israel should answer that question, if that indeed is the reason for this conflict, not me.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:40 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

I think Israel should answer that question, if that indeed is the reason for this conflict, not me.

hahaha..suddenly becoming like a saint...then you should not be bulldozing Israel thread after thread by not uttering/criticizing Palies even in one post.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:49 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

hahaha..suddenly becoming like a saint...then you should not be bulldozing Israel thread after thread by not uttering/criticizing Palies even in one post.

-> Two wrongs don't make it right which is why form Kerry to Hammond have expressed their displeasure over Israel's operation. And now these anti-conflict protests in Tel Aviv do mean something, don't they?

"Thousands assembled at Tel Aviv's Rabin Square on Saturday evening for what became the largest protest against the Israeli military operation in Gaza thus far. According to official estimates some 7,000 protesters attended.

Meanwhile, a smaller group rallied in support of the operation in Gaza. The police served as a barrier between the groups to prevent clashes."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/1.607311

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:22 pm

"Everything Netanyahu said was intended to make this war seem absolutely necessary. “We didn’t choose this,” he said. He talked about the need to destroy Hamas’ tunnels—the ostensible reason for the ground invasion—so they couldn’t be used for a future attack.

The first question from an Israeli journalist was smart. He asked if the tunnels were an existential threat, why did Israel agree to a cease-fire five days earlier that would have precluded the current ground offensive? Netanyahu replied that the tunnels could have been dealt with through diplomacy had Hamas agreed to a cease-fire.

It was an astonishing acknowledgment that the ground operation may not have been necessary—that there may have been a peaceful way to solve the problem. Still, no reporters followed up. Netanyahu and Ya’alon were left to brag about the success of the operation so far."

Questions that went unasked:

Is it for this limited tactical achievement—destroying some of the tunnels—that the IDF is killing so many Palestinian children and so many young Israeli soldiers are dying?

I know Hamas rejected the original cease-fire plan. But if you are acknowledging that this could be resolved diplomatically, why didn’t Israel continue to negotiate the terms of the cease-fire and try to avoid this escalation?

If Israel weakens Hamas too much, are Israelis going to actually regret this when al-Qaida­–type groups gain more of a footing there?

How long will it take for Hamas to build new tunnels?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2014/07/israel_s_gaza_reporting_why_so_few_questions_about_the_war_and_palestinian.2.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Maria S wrote:
forget all that..

Velayilladha Pattadhari

Manjapai

And Sadhuranga vettai.

Heard it's good too..something different..with questions about who is most powerful-valuable on the chess board..the queen, king or pawns etc..who do you want to be-align with and..life strategies.

I want to watch VIP.

Thanks a lot, for putting things in perspective U:)

You mean Sadhurangam? it is a good movie. I like the halwa-type Vimal acting like a realistic next door guy.

Also, Samiyil Araiyil - Prakash Raj and post-marriage sneha a middle age love story - hv not seen yet. There are tons of great movies - that dont get advertised. Quite a few new-age actors... Just ignore the commerical stars like Vijay, Vishal, Kamal, Rajni, etc. Scores of 30 yr old path breaking directors making the Tamil moviedom quite different.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down