Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An important web page about "India" (not from tamil Tribune)

3 posters

Go down

An important web page about "India" (not from tamil Tribune) Empty An important web page about "India" (not from tamil Tribune)

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:02 pm

I know when we speak of languages in India, immediately Tamil Tribune comes to mind. There are other sources of information too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PromoteLinguisticEquality/

Join this group and educate yourselves

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

An important web page about "India" (not from tamil Tribune) Empty Re: An important web page about "India" (not from tamil Tribune)

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:04 pm

Come'on, you should give me the credit for introducing the page in this forum.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

An important web page about "India" (not from tamil Tribune) Empty Re: An important web page about "India" (not from tamil Tribune)

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:10 pm

if you want the credit, you got it.

actually most people in this forum will hate you for that. i was willing to take that hit.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:if you want the credit, you got it.

actually most people in this forum will hate you for that. i was willing to take that hit.

The only real way is for the individual MPs should speak in their own languages or ANY Indian language that they chose to.Of course, many more will likely speak in Hindi but if all other languages are allowed to be used then that is fine. recently that Nirmala Sitharaman spoke in Tamil - which should not be big news at all.It is a shame that telugu, Bengali, malayalee, Kannada are not being used regularly in Parliament. all our MPs and miisters speak only in English when they travel officially. When people in respective states that their reps speak their native tongue even with foreigners that will give them confidence.

When you cross into Quebec, the border immigration officer talks in French - not that he/she does not know English. Instead, tamilians clap when someone says "Amma" or "Vanakkam" Nandri" and other single syllables.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down