Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kani, Raja, Dayalu Charged in 2G

+4
FluteHolder
Maria S
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

Kani, Raja, Dayalu Charged in 2G Empty Kani, Raja, Dayalu Charged in 2G

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:25 am

...MK can marry a new 4th wife...soon...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Kani, Raja, Dayalu Charged in 2G Empty Re: Kani, Raja, Dayalu Charged in 2G

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 am

great news.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:29 am

Innocent until proven guilty (and they deserve punishment, if convicted).

*By some enormous luck, even if they are legally not guilty (99% they will be found guilty)- Kanimozhi absolutely deserves to be punished for being greedy, playing games with her men friends, using them and taking maximum advantage of her family name and father's legacy.

Interesting/Nice to see Kalaignar and Stalin were vindicated. It speaks volumes..obviously when they are the real targets..and even if there was the slightest sign of any corruption/connection, would have every possible charge thrown against them, punished severely and sent to jail forever.

Obviously this is not going to matter to people who dislike them, and want to see them punished for something..anything! 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:41 am

Maria S wrote:Innocent until proven guilty (and they deserve punishment, if convicted).

*By some enormous luck, even if they are legally not guilty (99% they will be found guilty)- Kanimozhi absolutely deserves to be punished for being greedy, playing games with her men friends, using them and taking maximum advantage of her family name and father's legacy.

Interesting/Nice to see Kalaignar and Stalin were vindicated. It speaks volumes..obviously when they are the real targets..and even if there was the slightest sign of any corruption/connection, would have every possible charge thrown against them, punished severely and sent to jail forever.

Obviously this is not going to matter to people who dislike them, and want to see them punished for something..anything! 

the old man is as corrupt as they come. i dislike all politicians in TN regardless of party. i was happy to see the elephant in jail, and now looking forward to the goggles-wearing bandicoot's clan, doing time.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:54 am

If you say so:)

I selectively like TN politicians..regardless of party.  Like it or not, they are elected by the people..and the govt. policies and reforms impact the lives of all..and have the power to make lives easier or harder. 

Personalities and personal issues aside..the enormous progress made in Tamil Nadu economical front in the last 30 years..free health care.. some of the best treatments and most modern technology, available to anyone with so many choices..variety in education..uplifting of socially oppressed...assistance for the elderly..widowed..nourishing and flourishing of arts..literature..freedom of expression..women's rights and progress..religious freedom..under the different regimes..is amazing!

*Is TN perfect? Absolutely not..and improvements have to continue..what I see is all the socio-economic classes are doing much better..and the expanding middle class..enjoying life even better than here in the US..with all the support systems even lacking here.

I will give credit to the political leaders for some of that.  
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:04 am

i will give credit to an enlightened population that has demanded a better quality of life and to an extent have forced the politicians to deliver, despite their tendencies towards graft and corruption. the people, not the politicians deserve credit. imagine how much better TN could be without the elephant and goggles clan in charge. if instead of corrupt bandicoots we had real leaders.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:27 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i will give credit to an enlightened population that has demanded a better quality of life and to an extent have forced the politicians to deliver despite their tendencies towards graft and corruption. the people not the politicians deserve credit. imagine how much better TN could be without the elephant and goggles clan in charge. if instead of corrupt bandicoots we had real leaders.

The "enlightened people"  of TN elected their leaders.

We may not like their choices (well I like "some" of them), and we disagree on who are "real leaders" are..imo, TN is what it is today..because of the real leaders. *I am not defending the crimes of real leaders..have no problem with Jayalalitha or MK punished for their crimes, if they are convicted.

*Let's be honest..No matter how much we deny it..religion, region, caste have to do a lot with party affiliation..this forum is no exception.
The moment I step into other Tamil forums (or social media sites)...the political views there are often the exact opposite of what I read here..based on the majority there.  You can read the opinions and guess..where they are coming from.

I can't fully escape it as well (as much as I do my best to be fair and objective about anyone as an individual) but, our own background, group affliations and life experiences shape our views. I would be dishonest if I deny that. 

Time to get back, and face a long work day..even if it's friday!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:06 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i will give credit to an enlightened population that has demanded a better quality of life and to an extent have forced the politicians to deliver, despite their tendencies towards graft and corruption. the people, not the politicians deserve credit. imagine how much better TN could be without the elephant and goggles clan in charge. if instead of corrupt bandicoots we had real leaders.
>>
I was about to say like this and you put it rightly.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:27 am

FluteHolder wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i will give credit to an enlightened population that has demanded a better quality of life and to an extent have forced the politicians to deliver, despite their tendencies towards graft and corruption. the people, not the politicians deserve credit. imagine how much better TN could be without the elephant and goggles clan in charge. if instead of corrupt bandicoots we had real leaders.
>>
I was about to say like this and you put it rightly.

Someone once said, "India has progressed in spite of its politicians and not because of them."
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Maria S wrote:Innocent until proven guilty (and they deserve punishment, if convicted).

Remember Sarkaria Commission? Of course, I would understand as you were a little girl when that happened.

Karunanidhi invented corruption and made it into an artform.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:48 pm

Maria S wrote:

*Let's be honest..No matter how much we deny it..religion, region, caste have to do a lot with party affiliation..this forum is no exception.

it's disappointing you'd say that.  essentially without actually saying it, what you are saying is that my opposition to the kazhagam politics is simply based on their prior history with tamil brahmins.  nothing could be further from the truth. i do admire them for a few things, but these are things that can be counted on one hand -- preservation of tamil, opposition to hindi imposition, and the self respect movement.  in particular i like mu ka's service to tamil.  but more than mu ka, i am a huge fan of bharathidasan who also came from the DK movement.  but in the overall analysis, kazhagamists have exerted a corrosive influence on the affairs of TN. there is just no two ways about it. i will continue to say i despise the whole lot of them including the recently incarcerated piLiRu (female elephant).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:46 pm

U,

I am a big lady now and know a lot of history-facts too. And I understand human nature much better. Whatever the facts may be- love and like for political leaders is in the eyes of the beholders. It does not apply just to India or TN..it is universal. 

Max,

What I said was in general..not personal. If you are an exception, who can be objective..good to know that!

I am disappointed too, and wish it was not true..under the beautiful mask of "diversity", there are so many "ugly" divisions and subdivisions..with the slightest crack, realities are revealed.  And I also don't like to dwell on "what ifs"..it's always "what is"..this is the leadership, this is history..and Tamil Nadu is what it is today a progressive grand state with an expanding middle class.. in my "biased" view. 

In any case..don't think anyone here or anywhere else is going to change their mind..about Jayalalitha, MK and others.
So, we will continue to be cordial, when we interact and stick to our own perceptions and views! 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:22 pm

Past MGR days, Tamil Nadu politics has progressively become more corrupt regardless of the party in power.

I am not sure how effectively the government will prosecute A. Raja, Kani Mozhi etc but if they are convicted and sent to prison, at least there will then be a strong message, as is the case with Jayalalitha, that the Modi government is not shying away from exposing various scams and prosecuting the scoundrels. I hope that happens.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Maria S wrote:U,

I am a big lady now and know a lot of history-facts too. And I understand human nature much better. Whatever the facts may be- love and like for political leaders is in the eyes of the beholders. It does not apply just to India or TN..it is universal. 

Max,

What I said was in general..not personal. If you are an exception, who can be objective..good to know that!

I am disappointed too, and wish it was not true..under the beautiful mask of "diversity", there are so many "ugly" divisions and subdivisions..with the slightest crack, realities are revealed.  And I also don't like to dwell on "what ifs"..it's always "what is"..this is the leadership, this is history..and Tamil Nadu is what it is today a progressive grand state with an expanding middle class.. in my "biased" view. 

In any case..don't think anyone here or anywhere else is going to change their mind..about Jayalalitha, MK and others.
So, we will continue to be cordial, when we interact and stick to our own perceptions and views! 

History has a way of filtering out inconvenient truths, and that too, he came back to power a few times since then.

There were so many "live" stories of Stalin forcing himself (AKA rape) on college girls and the Goon was only roaming the ladies hostels - history wont tell these things. There is a HUGE mall in CBE - claimed to be the biggest in Asia (true or not). It is "known" to be owned by Stalin. Kani reportedly bought - under threat - lands and built "colleges" in Rajapalayam. These are not from the media but from people closely associated with DMK/ADMK matters (how about minister of Housing and Rural Adminstration from a recent past Govt). I know you have lot more connections at professional and social level but mine are all informal connections and not inhibited by official restrictions.

Let us face it. Each administration learnt from the mistakes of the previous ones and beat "performance" expectations. The only holy ones are Fadnavis and Khattar - bcz they have been CMs for less than 72 hours. But, give them time and they will become "pro" as well.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 pm

While it is good that due process of law is being applied in sending corrupt people like Jayalalitha, Kanimozhi, Raja to jail, it took 18 years for sending Jaya to jail just for 20 days and Kanimozhi has spent 6 months and Raja , a year and a half in jail already. I don't think they will spend any more time.. It is surprising that equally corrupt leaders from the so called "national parties" like BJP/Congress from the North are not getting sent to jail.. 

There are only limited opportunities for making money at the state level. Nitin Gadkari's phenomenal rise from a middle class family to riches is not beyond suspicion. 

There is an unwritten agreement between bigwigs of Congress and BJP not to target each other and somehow portray leaders of regional parties as corrupt.. like Jayalalitha, Karunanidhi, Jagan reddy, Laloo etc..

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:28 pm

வருகுதடி இந்தியென்னும் ஆற்று வெள்ளம்
அணைபோட்டுத் தடுக்க வேண்டும்.

I will tolerate DMK, ADMK leaders whatever they are because these 2 parties are needed to stop total Tamil subjugation until we win Tamil Nadu independence.

We are not living in an ideal world. We have to optimize within the available subspace.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:17 am

Ah..Sat mornings!

Used to come by here..look at a few newly posted threads..and say a nice good morning..looks like I have to seek "some shade" in the Kani, Raja and Dayalu paatiamma thread..from all the heat and smoke here!

In all seriousness...nice read your comments PS and Kayal. 

I have been online for sometime reading comments in tamil forums and Fb groups...and it is hot-buzzing with regional passions and outrage running high about the death sentence for the five "Indian Tamil" Fishermen by the Srilankan Court..
*Again this forum is an exception..this time it's not "Srilankan Tamil" fishermen..

It's loud, clear understanding that no National party (Congress or BJP- makes no difference)..really cares about the wellbeing and Tamil interests..

The Hindu and other major newspapers who are "lukewarm" in their support of Tamil fishermen..seems to finally use strong language..

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/editorial/editorial-an-outrageous-penalty/article6553150.ece

Even our own Mr. VP..who is no supporter of the regional parties and uses some colorful language to make fun of them..surprised me with his long passionate opinions..questioning the Central Govt..Kamalahasan..said it this way..which truly reflects the opinion of many Tamilians including me- this morning..since he is a public figure..quoting him..

"5 மீனவர்களுக்கு வழங்கபட்டிருக்கும் தூக்கு நியாயமில்லாதது.இதைவிடக் கேவலம், மனித உரிமை மீறல் எதுவும் இருக்காது. இலங்கையின் இந்த நடவடிக்கை மனிதாபிமானத்துக்கும் மனித குலத்துக்கும் விடுக்கப்பட்ட சவால்.
இந்திய அரசு உடனடியாக இதனைத் தடுத்து நிறுத்தி 5 உயிர்களையும் காக்க வேண்டும். இல்லையென்றால், இங்கு அரசு என்ற ஒன்று இருப்பதற்கு அர்த்தமே இல்லாமல் போய்விடும்".
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:51 am

If Italy can protect their two killers against India, why cant India protect its own 5 fishermen - killers or not - against this Dhimmi Lankans.

What good is a military if it cant be used/shown to protect its citizens. If India cant protect its citizens against SL, China and Pakisatan will be laughing.

But, wait for Modi ji to act. Unlike MMS, he does not seem to be a daily announcer "condemning this or that" he stated during elections that "Soon the Pakistani firing will stop" and it did within 1 week. I am sure he is "telling" the Lankans "Don't...or else.."

The Lankan court decision is just a drama to paint the Tamilians as law breakers and drug pedalers. Later the Govt will "pardon" them demonstrating how humanistic they are and how much they are interested in good relations with India and Tamils. If we have not learnt THIS from all these years of politics, no use in following politics.

It is NOT AT ALL easy to execute a foreigner by ANY country.

So everyone can rest assured ...even if no one ever protests, the five will not die.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down