Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a few little things troubling the boys on wall street

5 posters

Go down

a few little things troubling the boys on wall street Empty a few little things troubling the boys on wall street

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:40 am

was looking to buy gifts for the family and walked into a bb, it was nice and quiet inside but at 20% off things were still too expensive for me so I checked online to see when the best sales were and came across this little gem:

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-a-former-brooks-brothers-employee-anything

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

a few little things troubling the boys on wall street Empty Re: a few little things troubling the boys on wall street

Post by Kris Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:52 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:was looking to buy gifts for the family and walked into a bb, it was nice and quiet inside but at 20% off things were still too expensive for me so I checked online to see when the best sales were and came across this little gem:

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-a-former-brooks-brothers-employee-anything
>>>I can empathize with the guy who complains about the boxy suits. If I ever go back to wearing suits, I am going with the euro cut, business attire be damned. Come to think of it, I may have a couple custom tailored. The only decent ones I have had were hand-me-downs from my brother who had them custom tailored and one Italian suit I bought in the garment district in L.A. I even wore that on my wedding day.

Kris

Back to top Go down

a few little things troubling the boys on wall street Empty Re: a few little things troubling the boys on wall street

Post by FluteHolder Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:55 pm

No more trouble for WS guys as the new bill (welcomed by Jamie Dimon!) which also gives ppl to donate upto 320K (instead of previous cap of 32k) so that they will be too difficult to touch by ppl like bharrara if they commit any crime/fraud.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:was looking to buy gifts for the family and walked into a bb, it was nice and quiet inside but at 20% off things were still too expensive for me so I checked online to see when the best sales were and came across this little gem:

>>>I can empathize with the guy who complains about the boxy suits. If I ever go back to wearing suits, I am going with the euro cut, business attire be damned. Come to think of it, I may have a couple custom tailored. The only decent ones I have had were hand-me-downs from my brother who had them custom tailored and one Italian suit I bought in the garment district in L.A. I even wore that on my wedding day.

Do you wear suits in your line of work? If not, why bother with suits? If the shoulder fits you correctly, then the rest(sides, sleeves, etc) can be altered to make the suit fit you well.
Some people use outfits from Hong Kong for custom tailoring. They fly to the US twice a year with a measuring tape and cloth samples. They take your measurements and money, and in 4-5 weeks mail your finished clothes from Hong Kong.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:00 pm

nevada wrote:
Kris wrote:

Do you wear suits in your line of work? If not, why bother with suits? If the shoulder fits you correctly, then the rest(sides, sleeves, etc) can be altered to make the suit fit you well.
Some people use outfits from Hong Kong for custom tailoring. They fly to the US twice a year with a measuring tape and cloth samples. They take your measurements and money, and in 4-5 weeks mail your finished clothes from Hong Kong.

Sindhi tailors!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
nevada wrote:
Kris wrote:

Sindhi tailors!

Never use the Sindhis. Go with a Chinese.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:16 pm

nevada wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
nevada wrote:
Kris wrote:

Sindhi tailors!

Never use the Sindhis. Go with a Chinese.

This guy will be in your area soon:

http://customhongkongtailor.com/schedule.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:19 pm

nevada wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>I haven't had to wear suits in a few years- since we went business casual, but when I did, it was the standard american variety (boxy). I have a bunch of them in the closet and luckily I am one of those body types that is fine with the off-the-rack sizes (or so I thought). From a style standpoint, I never cared for the american cut though.  I still would like a couple of well cut suits for formal events and maybe a set of egyptian cotton shirts. I get the flyers from the hong kong guys and will look into it. Alternatively, maybe I should have them done next time I pass by there. There were Chinese guys who would do them in a day I think in the Kowloon area. I don't know if this is still the case.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down