Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ganesh-kumaresh - nalinakanthi

2 posters

Go down

ganesh-kumaresh - nalinakanthi Empty ganesh-kumaresh - nalinakanthi

Post by Impedimenta Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 am

mm mm good, brings me back so many memories:-)

this raagam was used extensively by illayaraja, one example...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

ganesh-kumaresh - nalinakanthi Empty Re: ganesh-kumaresh - nalinakanthi

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:29 pm

simply wonderful, the first composition, i say. brought back a lot of memories for me too -- specially of the band shakti, introduced to me by college friend R, a lover of jazz, and in whose house carnatic music would resonate all morning over the weekends (his father was a great patron of music and theater). i think i'll go over and download all pieces by shakti.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:59 pm

it also reminded me of the zakir hussain album i had been listening to a year or so ago. he had mixed carnatic music profusely with his tabla recitals. i lost that album (cassette). let me downlaod that too tomorrow. btw, i couldn't find shakti on youtube, lol. it's an old band (1975). i'll have to try mp3.com or something tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:it also reminded me of the zakir hussain album i had been listening to a year or so ago. he had mixed carnatic music profusely with his tabla recitals. i lost that album (cassette). let me downlaod that too tomorrow. btw, i couldn't find shakti on youtube, lol. it's an old band (1975). i'll have to try mp3.com or something tomorrow.

There are several pieces of Shakti available online. You can go from here. I am really glad I saw Sankar live once.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down