Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five benefits of having oily skin

3 posters

Go down

Five benefits of having oily skin Empty Five benefits of having oily skin

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:04 am

So, you thought it was downright bad to have an oily skin? Well, it's time to think again. The occasional breakouts should not demoralize. Because, here are a five benefits of having an oily skin.

Much slower rate of aging: People with dry skin show the signs of aging much faster than the ones with oily skin. Wrinkles and fine lines get camouflaged by the oily skin.

Your skin a natural glow, all the time: The shine on your oily face doesn't look bad all the time. While many buy expensive products to get that shiny T-zone, you have it for free. Isn't that awesome?

Your face has natural oils: And these oils keep your skin healthy and soft. Hence, you don't need expensive day or night creams to protect your skin and make it smooth. Your skin will always be moisturized, season no bar: Your skins natural oils will take care of it. Not only that, your skin is also resilient to the harshness of various environmental conditions.

Low maintenance: Yes, you don't need those heavy foundations that wear out in the middle of the day. A simple dash of face powder and you are ready to go.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/beauty/Five-benefits-of-having-oily-skin/articleshow/46077112.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Five benefits of having oily skin Empty Re: Five benefits of having oily skin

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:53 am

nice pointers. I have oily skin and most of the time I just use J&J baby powder on my face and dab some chanel loose powder on the skin under my eyes.

on the downside I do occasionally get acne but it has improved. I guess less sebaceous glands as I'm growing up.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:45 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:nice pointers. I have oily skin and most of the time I just use J&J baby powder on my face and dab some chanel loose powder on the skin under my eyes.

on the downside I do occasionally get acne but it has improved. I guess less sebaceous glands as I'm growing up.

really? would santoor sandalwood talc work? what did you have for lunch? i had greasy food. now, that can't be good for any kind of skin, can it? just thinking out loud....

serious question, what removes under eye dark circles? looking for a (natural) reco...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:04 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:nice pointers. I have oily skin and most of the time I just use J&J baby powder on my face and dab some chanel loose powder on the skin under my eyes.

really? would santoor sandalwood talc work? what did you have for lunch? i had greasy food. now, that can't be good for any kind of skin, can it? just thinking out loud....

serious question, what removes under eye dark circles? looking for a (natural) reco...
I got them too. Here's a Japanese remedy to it. i know abt it, but hardly ever do it. Try it if you can. After you get up from bed, place a cloth dipped in warm water on your eyes (not too hot water, but warm). Have it on for sometime (until the warmness is gone). Then dip it again in the warm water and place over your eyes. Repeat 10 times.
After that, dip the cloth in ice cold water. Repeat the above process 10x.

If you still are not bored of doing it, repeat this cycle (hot-cold-hot-cold) a coupla times. This should help with the dark circles, puffiness and all. If you can't do it first thing in the morning, you can do it wherever it's convenient for you, i guess.

Other remedies: placing slices of cucumber, potato, tea bags, cotton swabs dipped in rose water etc over the eyes for 15-20 mins daily.

Here's the best selling eye cream on amazon. I just started using it http://www.amazon.com/InstaNatural-Cream-Circles-Puffiness-Wrinkles/dp/B00KCFAZTE/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1427478783&sr=1-1&keywords=eye+cream

I got combination skin, which is a nuisance.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

** i don't know about the indian powders. i use J&J cuz it's supposed to be gentle. i made two dishes over the weekend: spinach with potatoes  and broccoli with podi. i had both with brown rice and finished off with a cup of yogurt. now i'm having a cup of french vanilla coffee that i made myself.

**sometimes you gotta eat junk. i can't help eating it when i'm stressed. i'm trying to develop different behaviors in response to stress such as doing a set of exercises for ten mins, smelling lavender oil, or meditation with deep breathing and humming.

**after i sleep for 14-17h they usually go away. plus drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:49 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

**after i sleep for 14-17h they usually go away. plus drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
Ya, that's the key. They come and go depending on how well or worse i sleep. Good sleep is the key.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down