Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition.

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
Vakavaka Pakapaka
7 posters

Go down

Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition. Empty Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition.

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed May 21, 2014 1:41 pm

If BJD (20), NCP (6), CPM (9) JDU (2), AAP (4) [and ADMK (37) or TMC (34)] form a united opposition front, they can choose an opposition leader (how about Panda from BJD?).

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140521/nation-politics/article/congress-should-get-post-leader-opposition-lok-sabha-veerappa-moily

Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition. PTI5_21_2014_000014A_Kand

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition. Empty Re: Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition.

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Is it the first time in history that the opposition needs to form the coalition? Has it happened before?

Back to top Go down

Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition. Empty Re: Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition.

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed May 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Kinnera wrote:Is it the first time in history that the opposition needs to form the coalition? Has it happened before?
Sure. Looks like ADMK, TMC and BJD are already thinking of this:

Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition. Opposition-graphic_1907038e

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/regional-players-likely-to-align-in-lok-sabha/article6034267.ece?homepage=true

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 21, 2014 2:00 pm

All you need is Amma and Didi (mother & elder sister) to join hands, if possible. You need 10%, i.e., 54, and them two make up 71.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:If BJD (20), NCP (6), CPM (9) JDU (2), AAP (4) [and ADMK (37) or TMC (34)] form a united opposition front, they can choose an opposition leader (how about Panda from BJD?).

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140521/nation-politics/article/congress-should-get-post-leader-opposition-lok-sabha-veerappa-moily

Oily Moily wants a CONartist to be the leader of the opposition. PTI5_21_2014_000014A_Kand

What happens when 1/3rd of Cong(i) MPs defect and join anotehr party. Then the Cong(i) "loses" even the opposition post...

What a disgraceful performance by these corruptans.

P.S. Why is the Italian saying Namaste? Is he thinking of becoming a Chaddi ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Guruvu-gaaru, wasn't Upendra the Leader of the Opposition in the late '80s? He was the leader of the second largest party, but didn't have 30 seats if I remember right.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Idéfix wrote:Guruvu-gaaru, wasn't Upendra the Leader of the Opposition in the late '80s? He was the leader of the second largest party, but didn't have 30 seats if I remember right.

Apparently the Speaker can "interpret" the Statute in different ways and CAN make UPA (clubbing all the losers under one umbrella) and give the post to Cong(i).

However, alliances and even parties are only arrangement of convenience. Constitution recognizes the individual and the parliamentary rules recognize the parties.

So the Cong(i) should just quit trying to be the opposition and not manipulate. JJ and Didi are not a workable combo. JJ is a closet Chaddi while Didi is closet illegal muslim. They would start a cat fight after 2 hours. BJD and TDP have already announced support for NDA, and TDP will even be part of NDA admin.

Forget the Govt.. now there is a quagmire about the opposition, and all parties are jokeying not for govt formation but for opposition formation.

Holy Allah...how things have changed.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Wed May 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Guruvu-gaaru, wasn't Upendra the Leader of the Opposition in the late '80s? He was the leader of the second largest party, but didn't have 30 seats if I remember right.

Apparently the Speaker can "interpret" the Statute in different ways and CAN make UPA (clubbing all the losers under one umbrella) and give the post to Cong(i).

However, alliances and even parties are only arrangement of convenience. Constitution recognizes the individual and the parliamentary rules recognize the parties.

So the Cong(i) should just quit trying to be the opposition and not manipulate. JJ and Didi are not a workable combo. JJ is a closet Chaddi while Didi is closet illegal muslim. They would start a cat fight after 2 hours. BJD and TDP have already announced support for NDA, and TDP will even be part of NDA admin.

Forget the Govt.. now there is a quagmire about the opposition, and all parties are jokeying not for govt formation but for opposition formation.

Sorry! Precedent was the set by the Congress in 1984, when there was no leader of opposition. If Moily comes out and apologizes for the Mistake congress did in not considering the rules that he quotes below, then the new speaker may consider it. Is he willing to admit that Congress was arrogant ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 am

rawemotions wrote:

Sorry! Precedent was the set by the Congress in 1984, when there was no leader of opposition. If Moily comes out and apologizes for the Mistake congress did in not considering the rules that he quotes below, then the new speaker may consider it. Is he willing to admit that Congress was arrogant ?
Are you sure? I thought TDP's Upendra served in that role starting in 1984.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu May 22, 2014 10:17 am

Kinnera wrote:Is it the first time in history that the opposition needs to form the coalition? Has it happened before?
it happened in 1984. Cong 404 . next largest party tdp got 30.
that was Indira sympathy wave.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu May 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Idéfix wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

He might have served as the leader of the biggest opposition party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_of_the_Opposition_%28India%29

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Thu May 22, 2014 7:20 pm

b_A wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

He might have served as the leader of the biggest opposition party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_of_the_Opposition_%28India%29
That is correct. The arrogant Congress, forgot all the rules they quote, not just in 1984 , but also in the first four terms of Lok Sabha. This anti-constitutional party, deserves nothing!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/elections2014/state-of-the-states/congress-stares-at-losing-opposition-leader-status/article1-1219826.aspx

Excerpts

In 1984, the Telegu Desam Party was the second largest party, with 30 seats, after Congress won over 400 seats, and acted as the de facto LOP. In the first four parliaments, when Congress was dominant and before it split, there was no officially recognised leader of opposition, added Kashyap.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down