Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Countering ISIS

+6
Kris
southindian
MaxEntropy_Man
Propagandhi711
rawemotions
Merlot Daruwala
10 posters

Go down

Countering ISIS Empty Countering ISIS

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 pm

A different take: http://huff.to/1DvITqU
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Countering ISIS Empty Re: Countering ISIS

Post by rawemotions Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:34 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:A different take: http://huff.to/1DvITqU
All he seems to be saying is to give these folks life of significance, positive dream and a chance to create local initiatives.
However Islamists say , Mosque is the ONLY place Muslims should use for any sort of grouping. In India during UPA-1, Congress wanted to be seen to be doing something for Islamists, after all it is the Islamists who deliver a votebank that gives them 33% of the votes. So they made a group and called a few Political islamists to the grouping. The political Islamists like Syed Shahabuddin, said the Mosque should be the centre of everything like a Club. So whatever GOI should do should be through the Mosque. They then further went and asked for Muslim IIT and Muslim IIM's. 

On an other note, the comments in the same article has this important info from Pervez Hoodhoy who hit the nail in the head, when he exposed the Islamist Ideology as the root cause of what is going at least in Pakistan. Part of this ideology comes from the so called Holy books Hadith etc.. 
Date: April 25, 2015 at 04:07:22 EDT
To: Scott Atran <satran@umich.edu>
Subject: Address to the UN Security Council on Youth and Violent Extremism

Scott:

I listened to every word you said and disagreed with nothing. You said it well, and before important people. But there was nothing new I learned from it, and nothing you said gave me any hope.

You see that I am very depressed, having lost a friend last night to an assassin's bullets.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1178152/rights-activist-shot-dead-after-seminar-on-baloch-issue

Last night in Karachi, after hosting a meeting, Sabeen Mahmood and her mother were returning home. Two armed men on a motorcycle pulled up next to her car and pumped Sabeen and her mother full of bullets. Sabeen is no more, her mother is in critical condition in hospital. Sabeen was her only child.

I have not heard of Gulalai, who you mentioned in your speech, as a beacon. But Sabeen was widely known in Pakistan, and even more in Karachi. She created The Second Floor (https://www.facebook.com/t2f2.0), a unique meeting ground in Karachi for artists, musicians, activists, and everyone who still cares about a society that is hell-bent upon self-destruction.

As you said the evil of the Islamist narrative needs a counter-narrative. And indeed her goal was expose young people to a wider set of cultural and political issues, perhaps subtlely and sometimes openly. She enthusiastically helped me set up my little initiative: http://eacpe.org/

The Islamist agenda is propagated wholesale through our textbooks, the media, and in our schools (I found this crucially missing in your speech). So, although Sabeen reached out to a few tens of thousands the other side reaches out to many tens of millions. And they do not tolerate even small challenges and attack us viciously. So what do we do?

A thousand curses on those who stilled this brave young woman. Her funeral is in a few hours, and I have too many tears in my eyes to write more.

Pervez
Reply · 

· 10 · 21 hours ago

• Countering ISIS 10354686_10150004552801856_220367501106153455_n

F.n. Lehner ·  Top Commenter · York University
    Powerful testimony in your correspondence string directly from the front lines. Speaks volumes. 

It is incredible that local apologists in the West refuse to accept the fact that this doctrine rules with an iron grip wherever it establishes itself as the dominant ideology.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:23 am

saar/unkil, have you considered getting a bunch of global apologists together and unleashing torrents of piss weak sarcasm at isis and islamists in a passive aggressive manner to bring them back into line? surely you think it works since you deploy it to great effect here.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:saar/unkil, have you considered getting a bunch of global apologists together and unleashing torrents of piss weak sarcasm at isis and islamists in a passive aggressive manner to bring them back into line? surely you think it works since you deploy it to great effect here.

Reddy-necked Unkil, make up your mind. My sarcasm is either piss weak or it's deployed to great effect. Can't be both.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 pm

heard a story with a similar theme on this american life today (it's a three part story and the story of interest is titled, act 2).

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/555/the-incredible-rarity-of-changing-your-mind?act=2
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:13 pm

BORING

This is written and endorsed by arm-chair nincompoops scared shit to go even 1000 miles close to ISIS.

Since 632 AD this grown has only groqn throws sword and slaugjter. Their doctrine.

Contiune to stay safe distance from ISIS and continue to make such preaching posts.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:18 pm

rawemotions wrote:
All he seems to be saying is to give these folks life of significance, positive dream and a chance to create local initiatives.
However Islamists say , Mosque is the ONLY place Muslims should use for any sort of grouping. In India during UPA-1, Congress wanted to be seen to be doing something for Islamists, after all it is the Islamists who deliver a votebank that gives them 33% of the votes. So they made a group and called a few Political islamists to the grouping. The political Islamists like Syed Shahabuddin, said the Mosque should be the centre of everything like a Club. So whatever GOI should do should be through the Mosque. They then further went and asked for Muslim IIT and Muslim IIM's. 

On an other note, the comments in the same article has this important info from Pervez Hoodhoy who hit the nail in the head, when he exposed the Islamist Ideology as the root cause of what is going at least in Pakistan. Part of this ideology comes from the so called Holy books Hadith etc.. 

Scott:

I listened to every word you said and disagreed with nothing. You said it well, and before important people. But there was nothing new I learned from it, and nothing you said gave me any hope.

You see that I am very depressed, having lost a friend last night to an assassin's bullets.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1178152/rights-activist-shot-dead-after-seminar-on-baloch-issue

Last night in Karachi, after hosting a meeting, Sabeen Mahmood and her mother were returning home. Two armed men on a motorcycle pulled up next to her car and pumped Sabeen and her mother full of bullets. Sabeen is no more, her mother is in critical condition in hospital. Sabeen was her only child.

I have not heard of Gulalai, who you mentioned in your speech, as a beacon. But Sabeen was widely known in Pakistan, and even more in Karachi. She created The Second Floor (https://www.facebook.com/t2f2.0), a unique meeting ground in Karachi for artists, musicians, activists, and everyone who still cares about a society that is hell-bent upon self-destruction.

As you said the evil of the Islamist narrative needs a counter-narrative. And indeed her goal was expose young people to a wider set of cultural and political issues, perhaps subtlely and sometimes openly. She enthusiastically helped me set up my little initiative: http://eacpe.org/

The Islamist agenda is propagated wholesale through our textbooks, the media, and in our schools (I found this crucially missing in your speech). So, although Sabeen reached out to a few tens of thousands the other side reaches out to many tens of millions. And they do not tolerate even small challenges and attack us viciously. So what do we do?

A thousand curses on those who stilled this brave young woman. Her funeral is in a few hours, and I have too many tears in my eyes to write more.

Pervez
Reply · 

· 10 · 21 hours ago

Powerful testimony in your correspondence string directly from the front lines. Speaks volumes. 

It is incredible that local apologists in the West refuse to accept the fact that this doctrine rules with an iron grip wherever it establishes itself as the dominant ideology.

>>>I hope to god Hoodbhoy doesn't get targeted by the retards. On Lehner's comment, the problem is that the Western liberal establishment cannot wrap its head around the idea such a destructive mentality can exist and hence the hope that somewhere, somehow there will be an epiphany, if only we are nice to them.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Kris wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

Scott:

Pervez
Reply · 

· 10 · 21 hours ago

>>>I hope to god Hoodbhoy doesn't get targeted by the retards. On Lehner's comment, the problem is that the Western liberal establishment cannot wrap its head around the idea such a destructive mentality can exist and hence the hope that somewhere, somehow there will be an epiphany, if only we are nice to them.
I guess they are being naive and have forgotten the lessons of the crusades, and never learnt the history of ethnic cleansing and genocide in India, committed by the Political Islamist Invaders. None of the history books talk about the massive scale of the ethnic cleansing in India.

BTW here is a link below to another article on Hirsi Ali that talks about reformation of Islam.
https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/ayaan-hirsi-ali-calls-for-islams-reboot-maureen-callahan/

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:saar/unkil, have you considered getting a bunch of global apologists together and unleashing torrents of piss weak sarcasm at isis and islamists in a passive aggressive manner to bring them back into line? surely you think it works since you deploy it to great effect here.

Reddy-necked Unkil, make up your mind. My sarcasm is either piss weak or it's deployed to great effect. Can't be both.

let me clarify for the apologist-wine drinker: in your mind it's cutting and deployed to great effect but in reality it's tired and piss weak

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

let me clarify for the apologist-wine drinker: in your mind it's cutting and deployed to great effect but in reality it's tired and piss weak

Omg, I'm so totally crushed by this withering takedown of my sarcasm by someone who struggles to put together a compound sentence correctly.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Omg, I'm so totally crushed by this withering takedown of my sarcasm by someone who struggles to put together a compound sentence correctly.

ohhhh look at me with my fancy goatee, I drink wine with my pinkie raised, eat 4 course lunches, write grammatically correct compound passive-aggressive sentences and fancy myself the jon stewart of this website coz I mispronounce unkil. arent I special? love me, love me

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:47 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

ohhhh look at me with my fancy goatee, I drink wine with my pinkie raised, eat 4 course lunches, write grammatically correct compound passive-aggressive sentences and fancy myself the jon stewart of this website coz I mispronounce unkil. arent I special? love me, love me
Mr. Drinkman has a goatee?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:57 am

ah..looks like CJs reunion the last couple of months..exuding hot air Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:59 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Mr. Drinkman has a goatee?

am assuming...it's standard issue for all middleaged desi intellectuals and wannabes. just like those black framed glasses hipster wear

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:58 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Reddy-neck Unkil, coming from you, this is not at all a bad attempt. Bravo!

It would carry a lot more punch, since you're channeling me, if your compound sentence was actually grammatically correct. It's "...fancy myself as the..." or "...fancy myself to be the..."
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

It would carry a lot more punch, since you're channeling me, if your compound sentence was actually grammatically correct. It's "...fancy myself as the..." or "...fancy myself to be the..."

mbwahahaha @reddy-neckU

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:36 am

It is interesting that the thread is about countering ISIS.  But merlot sipping islamic apologist turns this into a battle between such posters.  now he is after english grammar  to divert the discussion from islam.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

been snacking on the geriatric weiner of the resident grammar nazi?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 am

truthbetold wrote:It is interesting that the thread is about countering ISIS.  But merlot sipping islamic apologist turns this into a battle between such posters.  now he is after english grammar to divert the discussion from islam.
Make it 3 people here.

MD + 2 more

This is how they say, "Nothing more to add to discussion except grammar correction".
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:57 pm

truthbetold wrote:It is interesting that the thread is about countering ISIS.  But merlot sipping islamic apologist turns this into a battle between such posters.  now he is after english grammar  to divert the discussion from islam.

I posted (what i thought was) an intersting article. I can't help it if your linguistically challenged fellow tribesman, ailing from severe penis envy, made it a personal feud.

Anyway, now that you've said your two bits, stop wasting time on discussions outside your scope of expertise and go attend to more urgent matters, like nursing your brother's bruised ego.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:It is interesting that the thread is about countering ISIS.  But merlot sipping islamic apologist turns this into a battle between such posters.  now he is after english grammar  to divert the discussion from islam.

I posted (what i thought was) an intersting article. I can't help it if your linguistically challenged fellow tribesman, ailing from severe penis envy, made it a personal feud.

Anyway, now that you've said your two bits, stop wasting time on discussions outside your scope of expertise and go attend to more urgent matters, like nursing your brother's bruised ego.

whoa! that's loaded and clever! Am I compelled to rethink their CJ status? Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

MD,

Do you always live on that High-Chair of yours, or ever come down to poop on the floor?

You are pretty blessed with that air you have about yourself.

Promise me... you'll never change your attitude. Ever!!! Wink I don't want to lose the entertainment I get on this site.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:19 pm

Merlot sipping islamic jihadi apologist,

It is sad to see you borrowing from slimy flimflam. 

Grammar does not make policy.  Only idiots hide behind english grammar to support their weak policy arguments. 

On more than one occasion your policy contradictions were exposed on such.  Your propensity for using meaningless personal vitriol to degenerate anti islamic jihadi discussions is widely understood. 

People who use multiple handles to support their own posts are cowards of the worst kind.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 am

truthbetold wrote:Grammar does not make policy.  Only idiots hide behind english grammar to support their weak policy arguments. 

Wow..that's so profound. You're such a genius.

truthbetold wrote:People who use multiple handles to support their own posts are cowards of the worst kind.

Is this just your usual incoherent, unconnected ranting or are you accusing me of using multiple handles? Go on, Unkil. Grow a pair and speak your mind.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:23 am

southindian wrote:MD,
Do you always live on that High-Chair of yours, or ever come down to poop on the floor?
I probably last pooped on the floor when I was a year old.

But why do you ask? Do you routinely poop on the floor? Are your caregivers not getting you diapers?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:23 am

MD,

Got it. Thanks

So you always poop from your high-chair... and we witness here everyday. As expected and no surprises. Smile Keep it up.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:09 am

truthbetold wrote:Merlot sipping islamic jihadi apologist,

It is sad to see you borrowing from slimy flimflam. 

Grammar does not make policy.  Only idiots hide behind english grammar to support their weak policy arguments. 

On more than one occasion your policy contradictions were exposed on such.  Your propensity for using meaningless personal vitriol to degenerate anti islamic jihadi discussions is widely understood. 

People who use multiple handles to support their own posts are cowards of the worst kind.
What would that be? Not joining hands with you in castigating moderate muslim world for the atrocities committed by terrorists?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:45 am

Merlot sipping jihadi apologist,

Since your biology is weak, let me clarify that you cannot grow balls. You got what you got.  On the other hand, you are an example of a coward who mortgaged his balls to Islamic jihadis.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:44 am

truthbetold wrote:Merlot sipping jihadi apologist,

Since your biology is weak, let me clarify that you cannot grow balls. You got what you got.  On the other hand, you are an example of a coward who mortgaged his balls to Islamic jihadis.

Unkil, come up with some original thoughts and new insults. You're getting real boring.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down