Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISIS in Tamilnadu?

+10
confuzzled dude
rawemotions
Kris
b_A
SomeProfile
MaxEntropy_Man
Propagandhi711
southindian
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ISIS in Tamilnadu?   Empty ISIS in Tamilnadu?

Post by FluteHolder Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 pm

ISIS in Tamilnadu?   04THSHIRT_2037947f

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/muslim-youths-sporting-isis-tshirts-cause-a-flutter/article6278285.ece?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=vuukle_referral

Enquiries reveal that none of them has any link with the organisation
A group of 26 Muslim youths caused a flutter when they posed for a photograph, sporting black T-shirts with the emblem of the ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and al-Shams) in front of a mosque at the coastal town of Thondi in Ramanathapuram district on Eid day.
After one of them posted the photograph on Facebook, which went viral, the police swung into action but found none of them had any direct or indirect link with the ISIS, which was battling the governments of Iraq and Syria, or any other fundamentalist Muslim outfit.
“The police questioned B. Abdul Rahman, 24, who had ordered the T-shirts from a garment company at Tirupur, but found nothing incriminating,” said Superintendent of Police N.M. Mylvahanan.
Rahman, who was working in Bangkok, had come to his native Thondi for Ramzan, and he was summoned for questioning on Sunday, the SP said. The interrogation revealed that the youths wanted to hail the ISIS for releasing the Indian nurses recently without harming them.
Preliminary investigation revealed that Rahman had collected money from the youths and ordered 100 T-shirts through his friend Vilven in Chennai, Mr. Mylvahanan said.
Team sent to Tirupur
The other version was that he had bought the T-shirts from his own money. A police team was being sent to the garment company at Kadharpettai in Tirupur to find out how many T-shirts were ordered and how they were distributed, the SP told The Hindu.
Though enquiries showed that the youths had no links with either the ISIS or any other Muslim outfit, Rahman and others would be brought under police surveillance. “We will watch their activities, though prima facie there is nothing serious,” the SP said. The police had not seized the T-shirts, he said.
As the ISIS was not banned in India, the police were not contemplating any action against the youths, Mr. Mylvahanan said. Sources in the Q Branch said there was nothing incriminating in the case.
The photograph had since been removed from Facebook.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

ISIS in Tamilnadu?   Empty Re: ISIS in Tamilnadu?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Indian Secular Islamic Students??? no wonder there is an affinity for ISIS among the Ummah

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:53 am

These are northindian Muslims in ISIS uniform.

TN Muslims CANNOT do such a thing and Max is in agreement.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:53 am

tamil muslims are the most integrated of all indians, hindus or muslims ever since they arrived as traders, not conquerers. it warms the heart cockles of the iyer integrationist-cum-culture-supremacists that these young ISIS fighters are wearing lungis.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:44 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:tamil muslims are the most integrated of all indians, hindus or muslims ever since they arrived as traders, not conquerers. it warms the heart cockles of the iyer integrationist-cum-culture-supremacists that these young ISIS fighters are wearing lungis.

This picture is truly secular....Lungis which almost look like Veshtis and even one Pink Lungi.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:tamil muslims are the most integrated of all indians, hindus or muslims ever since they arrived as traders, not conquerers. it warms the heart cockles of the iyer integrationist-cum-culture-supremacists that these young ISIS fighters are wearing lungis.

This picture is truly secular....Lungis which almost look like Veshtis and even one Pink Lungi.

tamil muslims who are truly integrated into the fabric of the society where they live, are honoring their dual heritage in that picture. it's a true example of integration.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:54 am

fluteholder thanks for posting.

After one of them posted the photograph on Facebook, which went viral, the police swung into action but found none of them had any direct or indirect link with the ISIS, which was battling the governments of Iraq and Syria, or any other fundamentalist Muslim outfit.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:10 am

modi is guilty of mass murder even after 12 yrs of witchhunt failed to find anything against him but pictoral evidence is wrong. ah the mindbending logic

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:15 am

stupid youth

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:15 am

wearing a t shirt that makes a reference to an organization that has not been banned is equivalent to presiding over a state enterprise that sat by and watched its citizens being slaughtered? ah the mind bending logic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:15 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:stupid youth

my thoughts exactly.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:28 am

ah the doublestandards of not accepting verdict from supreme court clearing modi of wrong doing but readily swallowing the initial cursory investigation by SP of ramanthapurm district is amusing to watch

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:30 am

but what exactly are the criminal charges leveled against these youth?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:but what exactly are the criminal charges leveled against these youth?

Ah, the irony! What exactly are the criminal charges leveled against Modi?  Rolling Eyes

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:40 am

SomeProfile wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:but what exactly are the criminal charges leveled against these youth?

Ah, the irony! What exactly are the criminal charges leveled against Modi?  Rolling Eyes

To the best of my knowledge this case is still going on:

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-03-20/news/48402075_1_zakia-jafri-closure-report-clean-chit

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 am

the point we're discussing here is the radicalization of tamil muslims, same as rest of the country. contrary to the pious propaganda we've be hearing from certain quarters about how the water is different in tamilnadu and the nth degree of integration there. whether ISIS is recognised as a terrorist outfit by indian govt is not even tangential to the discussion...india still hasnt recognized boko haram as a terrorist outfit so I guess we should write off someone holding their banner as youthful indiscretion. like I said, hypocrisy sometimes is evident to everyone else.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 am

the point is that there is some fast and furious goalpost shifting going on here.  the initial post and the followup seem to suggest some diabolical criminal/terrorist activity by a group of people who seemed to have done nothing more than wear t-shirts that seem to have made some people go apeshit crazy. some shred of evidence that tamil muslims are connected to global terrorism will be treated more seriously.  for that matter i haven't seen a single indian muslim connected to international terrorism, not just tamil muslims, years of witch hunting notwithstanding.

for modi's dingleberry who pops up here whenever he catches a whiff of criticism about his dear leader: modi was investigated for his role in the 2002 riots and cleared. we have to accept that and move on, but we are certainly free to hold whatever political opinions about him colored by his public behavior and pronouncements.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:58 pm

ramanathapuram district is filled with low-caste Muslims (fishermen and traders) and LTTE criminals. Kanyakumari/Nagerkoil/Ramanathapuram districts have one of the highest christian population in the country - except the NE. Most muslims and Christians were converted within the last 100 years with enticement of money. What Moguls could not achieve, the "peaceful" incentive succeeded.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
for modi's dingleberry who pops up here whenever he catches a whiff of criticism about his dear leader:
hmmmmm ! Some choice french words. Rashmun , any comment on the language used ?
Does it qualify for a fisherman language ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:28 pm

b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
for modi's dingleberry who pops up here whenever he catches a whiff of criticism about his dear leader:

b_A, u did not answer my question in the other thread so am asking again: are you a virgin?

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

b_A, u did not answer my question in the other thread so am asking again: are you a virgin?
I don't answer to hindiots.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:34 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

LOL, why did you change your first reply to me? This only confirms that you are in fact a virgin. Henceforth I shall be addressing you as virgin boy.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

LOL, why did you change your first reply to me? This only confirms that you are in fact a virgin. Henceforth I shall be addressing you as virgin boy.

That scintillating sterling logic is the reason that you are known as a hindiot.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-03-20/news/48402075_1_zakia-jafri-closure-report-clean-chit

Hindiot Doucheman & Mayirpudingi - legally, there are no charges leveled against Modi, vokay? So, let's not move the goalposts around keep singing the same played tune which is more than a decade old now. Modi is now the PM of the whole country, which also includes TN.  Laughing Your butthurt, no matter how serious, is not gonna change that fact any time soon.  lol!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:40 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:

That scintillating sterling logic is the reason that you are known as a hindiot.

U are now angry because u got exposed as a virgin boy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:57 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

Hindiot Doucheman & Mayirpudingi - legally, there are no charges leveled against Modi, vokay? So, let's not move the goalposts around keep singing the same played tune which is more than a decade old now. Modi is now the PM of the whole country, which also includes TN.  Laughing Your butthurt, no matter how serious, is not gonna change that fact any time soon.  lol!

I have little interest in arguing with a mentally ill person like you but I will point out that Modi is one if the accused in the zakia Jafri case. To the best of my knowledge this case is still continuing in the courts.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Main kaha gussa tha yaar ? Acchaa ye bata , at what age did you realize that you have strong fetish towards trannies ?

PS : Don't be alarmed at my northindian language , you evil loser. I was not trying to make friends or ingratiate . Nobody here wants him. He is all yours. In fact , yesterday he posted that he will forgive his partner ( that is you) even if there are signs of infidelity. He assured you that even if you are not faithful , he will remain faithful. So, no worries there for you.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:54 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:

Main kaha gussa tha yaar ? Acchaa ye bata , at what age did you realize that you have strong fetish towards trannies ?

PS : Don't be alarmed at my northindian language , you evil loser.  I was not trying to make friends or ingratiate . Nobody here wants him. He is all yours. In fact , yesterday he posted that he will forgive his partner ( that is you) even if there are signs of infidelity. He assured you that even if you are not faithful , he will remain faithful. So, no worries there for you.

Thanks for proving that you are a virgin boy.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:29 am

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

PS : Don't be alarmed at my northindian language , you evil loser.  I was not trying to make friends or ingratiate . Nobody here wants him. He is all yours. In fact , yesterday he posted that he will forgive his partner ( that is you) even if there are signs of infidelity. He assured you that even if you are not faithful , he will remain faithful. So, no worries there for you.

Being a hindiot , you come to the wrong conclusion as usual. Only thing that was confirmed here is that you and the evil loser are a couple.
After you answer my first question on your fetish for trannies , can you also answer another question that people have.
How do you introduce the evil loser to others in a social setting? As a wife or husband?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:32 am

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:

Being a hindiot , you come to the wrong conclusion as usual. Only thing that was confirmed here is that you and the evil loser are a couple.
After you answer my first question on your fetish for trannies , can you also answer another question that people have.
How do you introduce the evil loser to others in a social setting? As a wife or husband?

Settle down, virgin boy. Time to stop smoking the opium that's been messing up your brain.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:53 am

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Settle down, virgin boy. Time to stop smoking the opium that's been messing up your brain.

Aah. Seems you are too ashamed to admit it. Nowadays , it is all too common, Rashmun. No need to feel ashamed about it in the modern world. Now , go and do a copy-paste an article without understanding it.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:58 am

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:

Aah. Seems you are too ashamed to admit it. Nowadays , it is all too common, Rashmun. No need to feel ashamed about it in the modern world. Now , go and do a copy-paste an article without understanding it.

Virgin boy continues with his hallucinations under the influence of opium. The same virgin boy was expelled from his own relative's forum in high disgrace by his own relative ( as he informed us earlier) because he would not stop abusing other posters under the influence of opium.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:10 pm

FluteHolder wrote:ISIS in Tamilnadu?   04THSHIRT_2037947f

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/muslim-youths-sporting-isis-tshirts-cause-a-flutter/article6278285.ece?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=vuukle_referral

Enquiries reveal that none of them has any link with the organisation[/size]

..How ISIS recruits youth.....only a matter of time....

Before the youth in the above picture (who are much poorer than the Iraqis) are enticed with cell phones, cars, and ......G & C

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:15 pm

FluteHolder wrote:ISIS in Tamilnadu?   04THSHIRT_2037947f

Enquiries reveal that none of them has any link with the organisation[/size]

..How ISIS recruits youth.....only a matter of time....

Before the youth in the above picture (who are much poorer than the Iraqis) are enticed with cell phones, cars, and  ......G & C

>>Agree. I hope these guys stay on the police radar.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the point is that there is some fast and furious goalpost shifting going on here.  the initial post and the followup seem to suggest some diabolical criminal/terrorist activity by a group of people who seemed to have done nothing more than wear t-shirts that seem to have made some people go apeshit crazy. some shred of evidence that tamil muslims are connected to global terrorism will be treated more seriously.  for that matter i haven't seen a single indian muslim connected to international terrorism, not just tamil muslims, years of witch hunting notwithstanding.
Why would Tamilians care about ISIS at all ? What is there interest?
World knows ISIS means Islamic Caliphate. OR are you going to buy the cock and bull story about they wearing these T-Shirts to thank about Mallu girls being released by ISIS?

OR

Are you saying they are proudly wearing ISIS T-Shirts without even knowing what ISIS is ?

You once argued that TN is not radicalized, you claimed replacing Tamil with Urdu in Mosques are Ok,you claimed importing Urdu Wahabi preachers are Ok.  In all these arguments time has proved your wrong. Now threat to Meenakshi temple itself, printing of ISIS T-Shirts, repeated murders of Hindu activists, Vishwaroopam issue and associated intolerance, and what not!

Have the gumption to accept your mistake. Understand that Political Islamic Doctrine is a clear and present danger to TN/India and the world at large.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:17 pm

rawemotions wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wearing a t shirt that makes a reference to an organization that has not been banned is equivalent to presiding over a state enterprise that sat by and watched its citizens being slaughtered? ah the mind bending logic.
World knows ISIS means Islamic Caliphate. OR are you going to buy the cock and bull story about they wearing these T-Shirts to thank about Mallu girls being released by ISIS?

OR

Are you saying they are proudly wearing ISIS T-Shirts without even knowing what ISIS is ?

You once argued that TN is not radicalized, you claimed replacing Tamil with Urdu in Mosques are Ok,you claimed importing Urdu Wahabi preachers are Ok.  In all these arguments time has proved your wrong. Now threat to Meenakshi temple itself, printing of ISIS T-Shirts, repeated murders of Hindu activists, Vishwaroopam issue and associated intolerance, and what not!

Have the gumption to accept your mistake. Understand that Political Islamic Doctrine is a clear and present danger to TN/India and the world at a large.

These are not Tamil Indians... but rather Muslim Tamils. They are muslims firs and last. They are tamils bcz these low class muslims dont speak urdu or hindi and Tamil is all they know (not that they are in any great love with the nuances of the language).

Young boys the world over love guns - toys or real and mesmerised with good guys blasting away the bad guys. The ISIS - I am sure - are portraying themselves as REAL muslims fighting for the muslims according to Allah killing those who hurt muslims. Show any number of doctored videos and pics and these kids are in. Osama and Al-queda were popular for their supposed war against injustice and that led to a few big bombs in TN - remember the bombing of the RSS building in 1992 and the Coimbatore Bombing?

There is potentially a very large segment of muslim youth waiting to throw mud at Max sir and Al-Akbari sir.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:42 pm

rawemotions wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wearing a t shirt that makes a reference to an organization that has not been banned is equivalent to presiding over a state enterprise that sat by and watched its citizens being slaughtered? ah the mind bending logic.

OR

Have the gumption to accept your mistake. Understand that Political Islamic Doctrine is a clear and present danger to TN/India and the world at large.

These are not Tamil Indians... but rather Muslim Tamils. They are muslims firs and last. They are tamils bcz these low class muslims dont speak urdu or hindi and Tamil is all they know (not that they are in any great love with the nuances of the language).

Young boys the world over love guns - toys or real and mesmerised with good guys blasting away the bad guys. The ISIS - I am sure - are portraying themselves as REAL muslims fighting for the muslims according to Allah killing those who hurt muslims. Show any number of doctored videos and pics and these kids are in.  Osama and Al-queda were popular for their supposed war against injustice and that led to a few big bombs in TN - remember the bombing of the RSS building in 1992 and the Coimbatore Bombing?

There is potentially a very large segment of muslim youth waiting to throw mud at Max sir and Al-Akbari sir.
Uppili, let me be an optimist here.  Turkey, thanks to Ataturk has proved that Muslims can be educated to staunchly defend secularism and still be faithful to Islam. Yes there are fights going on even there. But it just needs right education system. 

If Indian Muslims come together and throw out the AIMPLB and Ashrafi-Arab Domination and make a distinction between Political islam and religious Islam, future of India as a multi-religious society can be good. Infact Muslims can then become the bulwark against the Pakis and will take them on. But instead the opposite has happened and the root cause is in lack of monitoring of Madrassas, importing preachers from Non-secular countries, lack of pride in Hindu cultural past, lack of reforms in Islamic personal law especially w.r.to to freedom for Muslim women, Media's lack of understanding of Political Islam, and most important of all, a ill-conceived educated system that whitewashed history of crimes against humanity by Political Islam in India. 

Right now I agree it is a pipe dream, because both Media and pseudo secular parties do not seem to understand the clear and present danger from Political Islam, but what is wrong in dreaming! The problem in India is Political Islam, Identity politics and associated appeasement have become synonymous.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:51 pm

rawemotions wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the point is that there is some fast and furious goalpost shifting going on here.  the initial post and the followup seem to suggest some diabolical criminal/terrorist activity by a group of people who seemed to have done nothing more than wear t-shirts that seem to have made some people go apeshit crazy. some shred of evidence that tamil muslims are connected to global terrorism will be treated more seriously.  for that matter i haven't seen a single indian muslim connected to international terrorism, not just tamil muslims, years of witch hunting notwithstanding.

OR

i don't know why these guys were sporting these t-shirts. i have no problem with the police keeping them on the radar. but my own guess is that this is some youthful stupidity.

the sentiment that tamil muslims have a different culture and don't all hew to the wahaabi doctrine that is causing havoc all around the world is never going to be a popular one on this board. but it is what i believe to be true, based on my countless interactions and close friendships with many muslim tamils. i place a higher value on my personal experience and interactions with that community than on some vague fear that you guys have. this one photograph does nothing to change my opinion.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

OR

i don't know why these guys were sporting these t-shirts. i have no problem with the police keeping them on the radar. but my own guess is that this is some youthful stupidity.

the sentiment that tamil muslims have a different culture and don't all hew to the wahaabi doctrine that is causing havoc all around the world is never going to be a popular one on this board. but it is what i believe to be true, based on my countless interactions and close friendships with many muslim tamils. i place a higher value on my personal experience and interactions with that community than on some vague fear that you guys have. this one photograph does nothing to change my opinion.
You can know 1000, that does  not prove anything. Isn't it true somebody is threatening Meenakshi temple.Isn't it true somebody is attacking Hindu activists ? Vishwaroopam incident that shows intolerance towards free speech, putting boards in front of Mylapore temple etc are all happening. Can you deny them ?

The political Islamists (of either the Wahabi or Barelvi vintage) believe in an exclusionary ideology and because Hadith/Quran can be used to justify their acts, those 1000 people whom you know cannot take them on. They may not believe in that, but they will not oppose them because those interpretations are also justified as acts sanctioned by god.

Thus, nobody said anything about entire community as a whole, but the the exact points, which I said will ensure creeping radicalization, seem to have done their work as predicted. 
You refused to believe that. The increased incidents seem to prove you wrong. Knowing the way Political Islamist work, they will only increase in the future if 1000 that you know do not do anything about it. It needs a paradigm shift to distinguish a secular version of Islam devoid of Political Islamist doctrine, with Islam as practiced elsewhere. It needs a tall leader who is also considered an Islamist scholar to prove that secular Islam is still considered perfect by God.

Wahabi doctrine does not announce itself in one day. When the young are sent to Urdu Madrassas it takes 20 years for them to show up. When the Tamil Muslim switches form Tamil to Urdu, basically you are tearing away centuries of assimilation made possible by the Hindu past to something alien, where they start seeing their Hindu neighbors as un-natural and start learning words like Darul-Harb and Darul-Islam. Presto! things have quickly moved with the help of Hadith/Quran from just religion to Political Islam. The Tamil Muslim radicals are changing the view  today from "Islam is my religion", to ISLAM /Allah is the ONLY god and none else should exist (a political Islamist viewpoint). As seen among Muslims everywhere in the world, the silent majority is unable to take them on, thanks to those acts also being justified as words of god. You need to talk to those friends of yours to see the challenges the Tamil Ulema  is facing from an influx of Political Islamist doctrine.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:28 pm

We cannot simply or Simbly ignore these issues.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Madurai/ultra-plans-to-bomb-meenakshi-temple/article6299460.ece

A specific intelligence input that has surfaced now reveals that the fundamentalist, identified as Abu Backer Siddique and who is absconding for about two decades, is suspected to have planned to “plant an IED” in the temple, a highly reliable source attached with the Home Ministry said.

The fundamentalist, who is wanted in many heinous crimes involving murders and attempt-to-murders of many Hindu Munnani leaders in Tamil Nadu, has planned to “disturb” the harmony in the city. By planting an explosive the device, he is likely to “settle” scores, the source told The Hindu over the phone on Saturday.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:34 pm

FluteHolder wrote:We cannot simply or Simbly ignore these issues.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Madurai/ultra-plans-to-bomb-meenakshi-temple/article6299460.ece

A specific intelligence input that has surfaced now reveals that the fundamentalist, identified as Abu Backer Siddique and who is absconding for about two decades, is suspected to have planned to “plant an IED” in the temple, a highly reliable source attached with the Home Ministry said.

The fundamentalist, who is wanted in many heinous crimes involving murders and attempt-to-murders of many Hindu Munnani leaders in Tamil Nadu, has planned to “disturb” the harmony in the city. By planting an explosive the device, he is likely to “settle” scores, the source told The Hindu over the phone on Saturday.

ahhh...you covert Chaddiwala:

dont get the CMAGS made at accusing the muslim hindus. jus bcz ONE guy was bad you should not implicate the entire community. These things happen everywhere...what about Gujarat Riots and the PM ? anyway per MAx sir and CD sir, TN muslims will never be violent.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Sure. no disagreement there; it doesn't mean everyone should turn into an Islamophobic like Uppili or rawemotions; just as every black is not a thug/mugger not every muslim is a terrorist nor will be influenced by islamic propaganda.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:39 pm

i've already said i have no problems with stepped up surveillance.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:55 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Sure. no disagreement there; it doesn't mean everyone should turn into an Islamophobic like Uppili or rawemotions; just as every black is not a thug/mugger not every muslim is a terrorist nor will be influenced by islamic propaganda.

Of course not.... you are 100% correct...not everyone will be a terrorist. There will be 5 or 6 "moderates" in a population of some 20 million muslims in TN.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:47 am

rawemotions wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

OR

Young boys the world over love guns - toys or real and mesmerised with good guys blasting away the bad guys. The ISIS - I am sure - are portraying themselves as REAL muslims fighting for the muslims according to Allah killing those who hurt muslims. Show any number of doctored videos and pics and these kids are in.  Osama and Al-queda were popular for their supposed war against injustice and that led to a few big bombs in TN - remember the bombing of the RSS building in 1992 and the Coimbatore Bombing?

Uppili, let me be an optimist here.  Turkey, thanks to Ataturk has proved that Muslims can be educated to staunchly defend secularism and still be faithful to Islam. Yes there are fights going on even there. But it just needs right education system. 

If Indian Muslims come together and throw out the AIMPLB and Ashrafi-Arab Domination and make a distinction between Political islam and religious Islam, future of India as a multi-religious society can be good. Infact Muslims can then become the bulwark against the Pakis and will take them on. But instead the opposite has happened and the root cause is in lack of monitoring of Madrassas, importing preachers from Non-secular countries, lack of pride in Hindu cultural past, lack of reforms in Islamic personal law especially w.r.to to freedom for Muslim women, Media's lack of understanding of Political Islam, and most important of all, a ill-conceived educated system that whitewashed history of crimes against humanity by Political Islam in India. 

Right now I agree it is a pipe dream, because both Media and pseudo secular parties do not seem to understand the clear and present danger from Political Islam, but what is wrong in dreaming! The problem in India is Political Islam, Identity politics and associated appeasement have become synonymous.

>>>>RE,

You are being over-optimistic here. The long and short of it is that in reality there is no such thing as non-political Islam. The Turkey case is an exception and it had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the secular mindset. This is a tenuous balance still and constantly requires vigilant management. The accommodating Islam that can co-exist peacefully with other religions can come about only if there is a sea change that comes from within the religion. The Indian case is especially difficult due to the distorted idea of what secularism is i.e. vote banks + appeasement + a media culture that has no balls to call a spade a spade.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:35 am

Kris, you think Indian media has no balls because they don't attribute rapes committed by Muslims to Islam  (though they don't blame Hinduism in other cases) or is it because they don't make cacophony of squeaking noises like our resident islamophobics; or are you suggesting that media should preach Indian Muslim community of perils of Wahhabism, every time some shit happens in Arab world.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Of course not.... you are 100% correct...not everyone will be a terrorist. There will be 5 or 6 "moderates" in a population of some 20 million muslims in TN.

look at the way uppil gownd sensationalizes things. the total population of tamil muslims the world over is estimated to be about 6-7 million, of which about 3-4 million live in TN. that is one fourth to one third the population he mentioned.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:10 am

here is another way TN muslims are different -- their literacy rate is more than 10 percentage points higher than hindus, bucking the national trend.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:12 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Kris, you think Indian media has no balls because they don't attribute rapes committed by Muslims to Islam  (though they don't blame Hinduism in other cases) or is it because they don't make cacophony of squeaking noises like our resident islamophobics; or are you suggesting that media should preach Indian Muslim community of perils of Wahhabism, every time some shit happens in Arab world.

nooo, that's not right. we need your ilk in media to preach the hindu community the perils of hindu extremism everytime they hear the word modi or bjp and warn darkly about the coming cataclysm as a result of virulent hindu nationalism.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 am

tamilnadu sounds amazing: has the best food in the world that it didnt import from elsewhere, has the best dance & musical traditions indigenously developed, has the oldest language not influenced by sanskrit, has the most docile & educated muslims in the world and is full of enlightened individuals never kowtowing or ingratiating to anyone else. I must visit and see this land of wonders for myself this december

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next