Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

asking for vacation

2 posters

Go down

asking for vacation Empty asking for vacation

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:19 pm

i want to ask my director for a two month vacation. how do i do it?

the thing is i work about twelve 18-hr shifts a month and i also work two adminstrative or teaching days additionally and though i get paid those days also it's not technically considered work. basically this means i have almost 14 days off per month but as you can imagine it's all scattered about. further when i get days off, i spend most days sleeping or recovering from the previous shift with very little "me time."

so i want a two month vacation cuz my life is in flux and i need to clear the cobwebs in my brain. i want to spend the time swimming every days for three hours and i want to get myself a mod bod cuz i'm 36 and if i don't put in that time now i'll never achieve that look.

i went to a party the other day and i looked like a baby elephant in all those pics. my face looked tiny and my body looked fat. it was horrible.

so i need this two month vacation to get my body and my health back and to swim daily for three hours.

i have been working for almost two years now.
how do i ask for an extended vacation without upsetting my boss?  i plan to take it immediately after summer. other people in my firm are taking three week breaks in july and aug so i can't ask then. i will arrange for coverage myself.

please advise. thanks.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

asking for vacation Empty Re: asking for vacation

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:35 pm

first thing you do is to make an appointment with your boss. then when you go into an empty conference room, say dont be upset because I would like 2 months off. if he looks angry then say am willing to make up for it and wink while saying this. note that this might not work if you're not ahem...attractive (some large boned girls can be attractive enough to have a fling with as long as no one knows about it). in which case, say you'll bring his lunch for 30 days gratis.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:first thing you do is to make an appointment with your boss. then when you go into an empty conference room, say dont be upset because I would like 2 months off. if he looks angry then say am willing to make up for it and wink while saying this. note that this might not work if you're not ahem...attractive (some large boned girls can be attractive enough to have a fling with as long as no one knows about it). in which case, say you'll bring his lunch for 30 days gratis.
what are you saying, you loser? he's like a parent to me.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:47 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:first thing you do is to make an appointment with your boss. then when you go into an empty conference room, say dont be upset because I would like 2 months off. if he looks angry then say am willing to make up for it and wink while saying this. note that this might not work if you're not ahem...attractive (some large boned girls can be attractive enough to have a fling with as long as no one knows about it). in which case, say you'll bring his lunch for 30 days gratis.

obviously not, coz if he's like a parent you should be able to go and ask for vacation straight up.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:49 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

obviously not, coz if he's like a parent you should be able to go and ask for vacation straight up.
well, when i told my mom about this plan, she said i already have enough time on my hands and she said she's afraid i'll be bored if i take vacation time. but my dad i should take vacation time so i can focus on looking for a guy. but what i want to do is swim and become an awesome swimmer. i was born for it.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:02 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

well, when i told my mom about this plan, she said i already have enough time on my hands and she said she's afraid i'll be bored if i take vacation time. but my dad i should take vacation time so i can focus on looking for a guy. but what i want to do is swim and become an awesome swimmer. i was born for it.

you're dreaming if you think swimming for 2 months will get you toned. 3 hrs in a pool and you'll be like a prune and cravings for large amount of unhealthy carbs. only diet will get you there

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down