Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris christie to take on Obama

2 posters

Go down

Chris christie to take on Obama Empty Chris christie to take on Obama

Post by truthbetold Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Today(friday, sep 30) there is strong talk of Christie jumping into the fray for 2012 whitehouse. he may be the least disliked repub candidate. Perry and Romney may see their support erode with christie's entry. He may be the first real viable challenge to Pbama. He could also pose real serious problems to Obama in North east.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Chris christie to take on Obama Empty Re: Chris christie to take on Obama

Post by charvaka Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:01 pm

I doubt if Christie can get the nomination. (Who was the last GOP nominee from the northeast?) He may end up fracturing the saner-by-comparison vote that would otherwise go to Romney, and end up with Perry as the nominee. Which is fine by me...
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:45 am

charvaka wrote:I doubt if Christie can get the nomination. (Who was the last GOP nominee from the northeast?) He may end up fracturing the saner-by-comparison vote that would otherwise go to Romney, and end up with Perry as the nominee. Which is fine by me...

Thats a plausible scenario. But there are powerful repub trying to rope him in as romney is not gaining traction beyond 23%. Christie is wall street darling and is a favorite of monied sections.

I think southern repubs may not have that much negative opinion of Christie as they have of Romney (and the unspoken religious divide. 30% of repubs have said they will not vote for a mormon.). A slight different scenario to modify your scenario is that Christie will wipe off Romney's support and make him irrelevant to make it a straight fight between him and perry. That should favor Christie. However he has to move in faster.

One good that may come out of Obama and Christie fight is that it will be a real economic discussion.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down