Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a toast...

+7
MaxEntropy_Man
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Impedimenta
SomeProfile
CroMagnon
Admin
11 posters

Go down

a toast... Empty a toast...

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:14 pm

...to carvaka, cro and some profile for at least trying. this is leadership quality that all three have exhibited. this forum is nice. nesting for long drawn discussions seems to be a problem here but i think the format has scope for that too. i will try out all 4 forums (including the one of desichatter) but could someone give me a link to cro's forum? please.

meanwhile, i'll do my bit by shooting an email to satya prabhakar. if the old CH gets organized quickly enough, we'd love to return to it. if it doesn't straighten itself out, thanks to these three guys, at least we have an alternative. nobody is indispensable. let me sip my green tea to that thought tonight. meanwhile you guys continue.

p.s. i'll post a copy of my email to satya as a reply to this message. last when i wrote to him, he was poor, i was rich -- now i am poor, he is rich. but still, for what it's worth...

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

a toast... Empty Re: a toast...

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks for your kind words.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:if the old CH gets organized quickly enough, we'd love to return
I agree. It is harder for the once-in-six-months visitors if we migrate to another forum. So if Sulekha fixes the problems, I would prefer to return to the original CH.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:last when i wrote to him, he was poor, i was rich -- now i am poor, he is rich. but still, for what it's worth...
Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Admin wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:last when i wrote to him, he was poor, i was rich -- now i am poor, he is rich. but still, for what it's worth...
Laughing

lol carvaka don't laugh. i hate that thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...to carvaka, cro and some profile for at least trying. this is leadership quality that all three have exhibited.

Thanks! SP proposed the idea and I and C immediately latched onto it.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: i will try out all 4 forums (including the one of desichatter) but could someone give me a link to cro's forum? please.

I have given up on that. Too slow and quoting of original text is horrible.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:if the old CH gets organized quickly enough, we'd love to return to it.

I don't think that's gonna happen.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...to carvaka, cro and some profile for at least trying. this is leadership quality that all three have exhibited.

Thanks! SP proposed the idea and I and C immediately latched onto it.

Indeed... thanks to SP for pushing me out of my inertia. I can't believe I put up with the CH issues for so long. Copy-pasting links into the browser bar, until I figure out Fastestfox!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:35 pm

I had sent a note to team sulekha yesterday... know nothing will happen.. as long as the html bug is fixed there, guess am fine with the abusers and the spammers...

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:50 pm

I am not in favor of going back to Sulekha. Today it is thread-killing problem. Tomorrow it will be something else. And we will never get away from the browser-raping ads. The officials of Sulekha will be unresponsive.

As for people who come to Sulekha only occasionally, I am sure all of them have their personal networks through which they will hear about the new forum. Also, we can periodically post the link to the new forum on Sulekha so that people who missed can know about it.

The key is for us to completely stop posting on Sulekha. That will encourage everybody to move. If you see an interesting topic being discussed there and you want to respond, simply bring the topic over to the new forum and continue discussions in the new place.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:52 pm

SomeProfile wrote:I am not in favor of going back to Sulekha. ... If you see an interesting topic being discussed there and you want to respond, simply bring the topic over to the new forum and continue discussions in the new place.

Makes sense.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:29 pm

SomeProfile wrote:I am not in favor of going back to Sulekha. Today it is thread-killing problem. Tomorrow it will be something else. And we will never get away from the browser-raping ads. The officials of Sulekha will be unresponsive.

As for people who come to Sulekha only occasionally, I am sure all of them have their personal networks through which they will hear about the new forum. Also, we can periodically post the link to the new forum on Sulekha so that people who missed can know about it.

The key is for us to completely stop posting on Sulekha. That will encourage everybody to move. If you see an interesting topic being discussed there and you want to respond, simply bring the topic over to the new forum and continue discussions in the new place.

you make eminent sense. i, for one, might not be returning to CH for the reasons you state above and also 'cos we have been treated like garbage there. however, i did shoot a message to satya (on his email, facebook and sulekha profile -- unfortunately ms sangeeta has the "message" feature disabled in her fb account or i would have marked a copy to her as well). here is a copy:

--------- copy of email too satya below----------------

hello satya,

hope you remember me, ** ***, from the cofeehouse days of sulekha 1999. i have been following your progress and i must congratulate you (and your wife) for what you have done with sulekha. my signature these days is "i also own sulekha." i hope you don't mind this liberty that i take from being your friend.

anyway, coffeehouse, despite its lack of importance to your business, has continued to thrive. i know you have not let it die for superstitious reasons (it was a part of sulekha when sulekha took germ) and also because you did not wish to shut out your friends. i have seen you return to cofeehouse as early as 4/5 years ago. however, owing to neglect, we, some 40/50 CHers, loyal since early 2000s, are forced to leave now. why? because first the image and youtube embedding feature got taken away from us about 5 years ago and the feature was never restored. yet, we were reluctant to leave. now, it seems that the basic html compiling feature in the CH program is badly written. some users have been using the fact that an open comment html tag (can not reproduce that arrow exclamation thingy in this message here 'cos i saw in the preview that this board truncated my post after that tag) can be embedded in the post to successfully "kill" all subsequent replies that have been made below (in the thread). this little knowledge has been successfully used by some participants to force us to seek alternatives to the coffeehouse. i hope you will take the little effort required to fix this bug (and while you are at it, also consider restoring images and youtube links feature). i hope i will not be left feeling disappointed.

meanwhile, i hope your daughters are doing great in school. i understand you are mostly in chennai now. i wish we can meet up when you are in kolkata next for old times sake. do think about it.

regards,

reply to me at ***@****

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:35 pm

yes, kudos to you guys. now, can you guys come over to my workplace and help me? i am losing my mind, well what's left of it:-0

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:29 pm

capn' cook, did you say you source parts to large companies? wondering about what parts and such...is there a way to send you personal email?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:30 pm

impy, I can help you with any problems you might have after work. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:impy, I can help you with any problems you might have after work. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

you still won't get access.. No
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 pm

I like the green font on this forum. much easier on the eyes. I see the following missing: sandilya, seva, goodcitizen2, pravalika nanda, mf2, kinnera, rashmun......

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I like the green font on this forum. much easier on the eyes. I see the following missing: sandilya, seva, goodcitizen2, pravalika nanda, mf2, kinnera, rashmun......

conspicuous miss: Titty the Witty.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:07 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:I like the green font on this forum. much easier on the eyes. I see the following missing: sandilya, seva, goodcitizen2, pravalika nanda, mf2, kinnera, rashmun......

conspicuous miss: Titty the Witty.

I bet he's gonna find his way here eventually, if only to spoil what he sees as the Akka's party.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 pm

SomeProfile wrote:I am not in favor of going back to Sulekha.

other than periodic advertising of the other options. this forum has a nice feel to it. i am going to try out SP's forum over the weekend too. nice work you three.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Congratulations to all of you in taking the initiative to create alternatives to the CH. Over the years, many of us kept going back out of habit, but the killing of the threads was the last straw. Maybe Sulekha will fix the issues. We will wait and see.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:13 am

Administrator sounds like Maria thanking everyone in every post.

May god bless you all.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:18 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Administrator sounds like Maria thanking everyone in every post.

May god bless you all.
Laughing
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:21 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: however, i did shoot a message to satya (on his email, facebook and sulekha profile -- unfortunately ms sangeeta has the "message" feature disabled in her fb account or i would have marked a copy to her as well).

ok, got a reply from satya this morning:

Satya Prabhakar
to me

How nice to hear from you. Will respond in detail this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:25 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:How nice to hear from you. Will respond in detail this weekend.
arthaat / आर्थात्:

You are not the one killing Drona, Bheeshma, Jayadratha, Karna or others. I kill them. Do what you need to do. My business model does not include spending good money after bad and fixing awful bugs in useless software like CH. So, Kounteya, arise and move on.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:57 am

charvaka wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:How nice to hear from you. Will respond in detail this weekend.
arthaat / आर्थात्:

You are not the one killing Drona, Bheeshma, Jayadratha, Karna or others. I kill them. Do what you need to do. My business model does not include spending good money after bad and fixing awful bugs in useless software like CH. So, Kounteya, arise and move on.

LMAO. yes, that's what i thought. weekend will never come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:58 am

if he was at all concerned, he would have mentioned that he is taking action. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:07 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:if he was at all concerned, he would have mentioned that he is taking action. Smile

HK - Come on over to the other forum too for awhile. TW and Charvaka are posting there too. We are testing that one out this weekend. I voted up a bunch of your previous comments. So, hopefully, the system will let you do repeat posts now without any wait times.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Coffeehouse/

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:08 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
charvaka wrote:
arthaat / आर्थात्:

LMAO. yes, that's what i thought. weekend will never come.

It's OK, I guess. I decided to walk today from the Hertz Local Edition office to my home. Along the way was this old Blockbuster shop. The signs on the exterior of the property had not yet been torn down; you could even look inside the store and see the sad plight of the empty shelves and dislodged bookcases. I got home about 20 minutes later, and turned on Netflix on my BluRay player. Creative destruction is the name of the game.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ok, got a reply from satya this morning:

Satya Prabhakar
to me

How nice to hear from you. Will respond in detail this weekend.

just got another reply from satya through neha xavier (probably sulekha's tech. team)

sulekha wrote:
Dear *****,

Thanks
for your mail. My technical team is working on the issues present on
the Sulekha Coffeehouse page. Can I request you to give us some time;
would keep you informed once the problem is completely fixed.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,
Neha Xavier.
Celebrate the woman in you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 10:42 am

This Neha person had once given me her phone number too, a number in Englad I beleive. I once called to get my id back, it was a fake number.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 am

LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
just got another reply from satya through neha xavier (probably sulekha's tech. team)

sulekha wrote:
Dear *****,

Thanks
for your mail. My technical team is working on the issues present on
the Sulekha Coffeehouse page. Can I request you to give us some time;
would keep you informed once the problem is completely fixed.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,
Neha Xavier.
Celebrate the woman in you!

"Celebrate the woman in you!"

That sounds oddly familiar.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 09, 2011 11:19 pm

blabberwock wrote:

you're not thinking perchance of the multitasking, self-affirming, optimism peddler; the sanguine shrink?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Mon May 09, 2011 11:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

you're not thinking perchance of the multitasking, self-affirming, optimism peddler; the sanguine shrink?

They could be one & the same for all you know. Razz
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down