Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Indian jewish story---India is the only country in the world where the jews have NEVER been persecuted

+5
swapna
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Hellsangel
Kris
ashdoc
9 posters

Go down

The Indian jewish story---India is the only country in the world where the jews have NEVER been persecuted Empty The Indian jewish story---India is the only country in the world where the jews have NEVER been persecuted

Post by ashdoc Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:19 pm

http://www.jewishmag.com/162mag/jews_of_india/jews_of_india.htm

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

The Indian jewish story---India is the only country in the world where the jews have NEVER been persecuted Empty Re: The Indian jewish story---India is the only country in the world where the jews have NEVER been persecuted

Post by Kris Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:07 pm

ashdoc wrote:http://www.jewishmag.com/162mag/jews_of_india/jews_of_india.htm
>>>Very nice story. People who have blended in quite well and still have held on to their identity.

Kris

Back to top Go down

The Indian jewish story---India is the only country in the world where the jews have NEVER been persecuted Empty Re: The Indian jewish story---India is the only country in the world where the jews have NEVER been persecuted

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:43 pm

He led the Indian forces in East Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFR_Jacob
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:11 pm

"Judao-Malayalam"

Hmm.... I wonder what it sounds like - Hyderabadi?

Seriously, the Jews, Parsis and Bahai are good examples. Monomaniacs are bad examples......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:23 pm

there's a good reason jewish immigrants to india were not persecuted: they were white or nearly white. read this to find out how "magnanimous" indians treat darker people, most often, other indians:

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34105691

you apparently want credit for not making life miserable for white people; you want everyone to say, "look, these hindus are not such a bad bunch, after all; they didn't kill the jews; they only kill the untouchables."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:54 pm

swapna wrote:there's a good reason jewish immigrants to india were not persecuted: they were white or nearly white. read this to find out how "magnanimous" indians treat darker people, most often, other indians:

you apparently want credit for not making life miserable for white people; you want everyone to say, "look, these hindus are not such a bad bunch, after all; they didn't kill the jews; they only kill the untouchables."

Rubbish!

I met Jews from Mumbai. Some of them look as dark as Mallus.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 am

swapna wrote:there's a good reason jewish immigrants to india were not persecuted: they were white or nearly white. read this to find out how "magnanimous" indians treat darker people, most often, other indians:

You are dead wrong. Indians - particularly hindus dont bother/fight any "outsider" as long as they dont claim ownership. Muslims do and Christians do. That is why there is Hindu-Muslim/Christian conflicts. Sikhs were fine until they "demanded" part of the Hindu land and there was conflict. Recently jains made a demand that crossed into hindu freedom and the Sena indirectly threatened the Jains.

Jews were too few to demand or threaten or separate and hindus never felt their land/women/wealth will be taken away by the jews. If the jewish population had been much larger in millions, things could have been different.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:14 am

swapna wrote:

this seems to be part of the regular tirades BBC launches against india . other countries also have poverty but the BBC only sees india....because writing about poverty in africa will lead to charges of racism , writing about poverty in islamic nations will lead to charges of communalism , and writing about poverty in china is not possible because china is a closed country where journalists are not allowed freely !! only indians are willing to be demonized and willing to be portrayed as dehumanized people .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:09 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Rubbish!

I met Jews from Mumbai. Some of them look as dark as Mallus.

my ashkenazi israeli coworker's brother-in-law is an indian jew from calcutta. he's pretty dark and says other ashkenazis treat him poorly, atleast in israel. phlegmy likes to pull smelly facts from deep within his anal cavity that often have zero basis in reality.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:33 am

This post prompts me to ask this question to Marathadi Samiyaar (our all in all resident expert!). Recently I met a guy from Iran/Persian background but he claims sometimes as Muslim and sometimes as Jew. I could not figure out who he really is. I thought Muslims hate/d Jews?

May be in Iran/Persia before the issues in Iran there were Muslim Jews?  

Awaiting Saamiyaar's reply...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:44 am

FluteHolder wrote:This post prompts me to ask this question to Marathadi Samiyaar (our all in all resident expert!). Recently I met a guy from Iran/Persian background but he claims sometimes as Muslim and sometimes as Jew. I could not figure out who he really is. I thought Muslims hate/d Jews?

iranian jews are among the most wealthy in america. most of the prime real estate in socal is owned by iranian jews

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:54 am

FluteHolder wrote:This post prompts me to ask this question to Marathadi Samiyaar (our all in all resident expert!). Recently I met a guy from Iran/Persian background but he claims sometimes as Muslim and sometimes as Jew. I could not figure out who he really is. I thought Muslims hate/d Jews?

His Holiness who knows it all should have an interesting explanation for this.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:48 am

tch, tch, tch..aiyO pApa...this distancing and renunciation..what happened?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:28 pm

ashdoc wrote:
swapna wrote:

[size=59]this seems to be part of the regular tirades BBC launches against india . other countries also have poverty but the BBC only sees india....because writing about poverty in africa will lead to charges of racism , writing about poverty in islamic nations will lead to charges of communalism , and writing about poverty in china is not possible because china is a closed country where journalists are not allowed freely !! only indians are willing to be demonized and willing to be portrayed as dehumanized people .[/size]
many indians are indeed dehumanized people. the percentage and number of such people in india is greater than anywhere else. the scale is massive. the misery is profound; and underlying it all is the hindu caste system. 

you wouldn't want to spend your life buried neck deep in raw sewage. 

it's not surprising that the bbc writes about it. and what it writes is the startling truth.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:33 pm

swapna wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
swapna wrote:

[size=59]this seems to be part of the regular tirades BBC launches against india . other countries also have poverty but the BBC only sees india....because writing about poverty in africa will lead to charges of racism , writing about poverty in islamic nations will lead to charges of communalism , and writing about poverty in china is not possible because china is a closed country where journalists are not allowed freely !! only indians are willing to be demonized and willing to be portrayed as dehumanized people .[/size]
many indians are indeed dehumanized people. the percentage and number of such people in india is greater than anywhere else. the scale is massive. the misery is profound; and underlying it all is the hindu caste system. 

you wouldn't want to spend your life buried neck deep in raw sewage. 

it's not surprising that the bbc writes about it. and what it writes is the startling truth.
agree and empathize dodally with you medium-brown skinned bugger with roots in syria. ground reality in india is arrible. makes you (you not me) a ass. what should we do? where do we start friend?

should we star a e-revolution?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Do you claim yourself as an American or an Indian ? In the US and in India ? depends if your colleague is a transplanted Jewish Iranian (as a boy or as an adult) caught between his upbringing and his changing culture (also depends if he is married to an American or someone else), culture influenced by his parents/relatives within the family and the outside world.

Due to lack of sufficient information we can say that he might be using it to derive maximum advantage from the person he is dealing with or he is equally attached to both the countries/cultures enabling him to interchange without any confusion in HIS mind - but only in others' minds.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm

FH, no Jewish person would claim to be a Muslim.

They don't recognize who Christians accept as the Messiah. Chances are far less they would accept Muhammad(PBUH) as a prophet, let alone the final prophet.

Strangely the inverse is true. Muslims recognize Jesus as one of the prophets.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks. This guy seems not religious (have not seen any non-religious muslim so far) and I introduced him to a Jewish lawyer and he claimed to him that he is a Jew but not openly claiming that he is a muslim though was willing to seek help from other muslims. Like prp711 said he has land/investments/biz/etc.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:44 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Thanks. This guy seems not religious (have not seen any non-religious muslim so far) and I introduced him to a Jewish lawyer and he claimed to him that he is a Jew but not openly claiming that he is a muslim though was willing to seek help from other muslims. Like prp711 said he has land/investments/biz/etc.
>>> I have had some Iranian Jewish friends who were quite open about it with other Iranians, but this was during student days. One had a Jewish girl friend, but was hesitant to tie the knot with her since she wasn't Persian. He was even vexed about not being able to meet Iranian Jewish girls.  In your friend's case, it is possible he has a strong sense of his identity, but just plays it down with other Iranians so it doesn't color their business dealings. People are funny that way sometimes.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

wow..thus spake zaruthustra.. the final word,so modest but yet incisive, from the resident expert on 'transverse' ánd such... Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Hellsangel wrote:FH, no Jewish person would claim to be a Muslim.

They don't recognize who Christians accept as the Messiah. Chances are far less they would accept Muhammad(PBUH) as a prophet, let alone the final prophet.

Strangely the inverse is true. Muslims recognize CITE Jesus as one of the prophets.

BTW, they also CITE Rama as a prophet....(how about giving up ayodhya for Rama?)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:54 am

I was surprised about their(Persian/Iranian Muslims) reverence of Raama. So (as Saamiyaar asked)  why didnot/cannot they(Desi Muslims) give up Ayodhya?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:29 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I was surprised about their(Persian/Iranian Muslims) reverence of Raama. So (as Saamiyaar asked)  why didnot/cannot they(Desi Muslims) give up Ayodhya?
His Holiness' little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:58 pm

But Bible was written by people who never seen JC and I guess this Bible of King James is same as Bible of Hebrews? But Raaama (Hindu) was much before JC or 2k years ?

So wikipedia has become the defacto standard/reference  for everything under the Sun?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:58 pm

FluteHolder wrote:But Bible was written by people who never seen JC and I guess this Bible of King James is same as Bible of Hebrews? But Raaama (Hindu) was much before JC or 2k years ?

So wikipedia has become the defacto standard/reference  for everything under the Sun?
And California is actually the ancient Hindu kingdom of Kalpurnia.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:I was surprised about their(Persian/Iranian Muslims) reverence of Raama. So (as Saamiyaar asked)  why didnot/cannot they(Desi Muslims) give up Ayodhya?
His Holiness' little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Well Rama along with Jesus are some of the 124,000 "prophets" sent down by Allah to lead each of the communities and their "term" ended with the appearance of the Ultima Prophet the Mahamad who is considered the Prophet for the entire world.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down