Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International media takes note of Anupam Kher's "India is tolerant" March

2 posters

Go down

International media takes note of Anupam Kher's "India is tolerant" March Empty International media takes note of Anupam Kher's "India is tolerant" March

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:53 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/female-reporter-heckled-and-called-prostitute-at-rally-intended-to-show-indias-tolerance-a6725596.html

Back to top Go down

International media takes note of Anupam Kher's "India is tolerant" March Empty Re: International media takes note of Anupam Kher's "India is tolerant" March

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/female-reporter-heckled-and-called-prostitute-at-rally-intended-to-show-indias-tolerance-a6725596.html
what's  most remarkable is that anyone is paying attention to this silly "returning-of-the awards" and "not-returning-the-awards." i looked at both lists of people and found that apart from the one hit wonder, roy, and anupam kher whom i know from a sridevi movie, i did not know anyone else. the ludicrousness of the matter is surpassed only by the indian media's frenzied devotion to it. i have never known the indina media to be balanced or honest or to cover topics that matter. you would never know from these stories that it's a country of over a billion people.

i hope sonia is healthy and comes back to power soon before secular-elites go into status epilepticus unable to handle the changes in the country. educated, well-off, english-speaking indians liked the mirror image they saw within the congress party - the pilots and their extended family, the chubby prince and his extended family, raga and his extended family- fancy schools, fancy education, first-class, wine, pasta, pate-types. if sonia is in power at least they will stop harassing us with such poor news coverage.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

International media takes note of Anupam Kher's "India is tolerant" March Empty Re: International media takes note of Anupam Kher's "India is tolerant" March

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:09 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Rashmun wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/female-reporter-heckled-and-called-prostitute-at-rally-intended-to-show-indias-tolerance-a6725596.html
what's  most remarkable is that anyone is paying attention to this silly "returning-of-the awards" and "not-returning-the-awards." i looked at both lists of people and found that apart from the one hit wonder, roy, and anupam kher whom i know from a sridevi movie, i did not know anyone else. the ludicrousness of the matter is surpassed only by the indian media's frenzied devotion to it. i have never known the indina media to be balanced or honest or to cover topics that matter. you would never know from these stories that it's a country of over a billion people.

i hope sonia is healthy and comes back to power soon before secular-elites go into status epilepticus unable to handle the changes in the country. educated, well-off, english-speaking indians liked the mirror image they saw within the congress party - the pilots and their extended family, the chubby prince and his extended family, raga and his extended family- fancy schools, fancy education, first-class, wine, pasta, pate-types. if sonia is in power at least they will stop harassing us with such poor news coverage.

this post of Pravalika is very significant because i think earlier Pravalika used to be a supporter of Narendra Modi. Does Pravalika's change of mind on Modi indicate a diminishing of Modi's support base? We will know soon because Bihar will answer this question for us within the next 12 hours or so. (Results of Bihar state elections will be known by then.)

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:28 pm

Rashmun wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

this post of Pravalika is very significant because i think earlier Pravalika used to be a supporter of Narendra Modi. Does Pravalika's change of mind on Modi indicate a diminishing of Modi's support base? We will know soon because Bihar will answer this question for us within the next 12 hours or so. (Results of Bihar state elections will be known by then.)
between the gandhis and  modi, i think modi is more sincere in wanting to accomplish something for the indian people. unfortunately, imposing his dietary habits on other people is not okay, and his inability to grasp the monetary value of a cow to its owner is simply astounding. as for the death of the muslim man at the hands of hindu thugs, i think that nothing would've satisfied the secular-elite media short of his resignation.

bottomline - with a biased media that has been keen on crippling his PMship from the start and compound that with his own hubris and the lack of a strong model for an inclusive india, modi's opponents will easily destroy him. it was a long road from selling tea to becoming the PM of india and hopefully this will have knocked some sense into him. however, i am delighted that the people who showed him his place are not the monied and hypocritical secular-elites who live at a different altitude mostly untouched by indina problems, or the media, but the simple and illiterate bihari. the media and secular-elites are far less relevant than they think.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:55 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

between the gandhis and  modi, i think modi is more sincere in wanting to accomplish something for the indian people. unfortunately, imposing his dietary habits on other people is not okay, and his inability to grasp the monetary value of a cow to its owner is simply astounding. as for the death of the muslim man at the hands of hindu thugs, i think that nothing would've satisfied the secular-elite media short of his resignation.

bottomline - with a biased media that has been keen on crippling his PMship from the start and compound that with his own hubris and the lack of a strong model for an inclusive india, modi's opponents will easily destroy him. it was a long road from selling tea to becoming the PM of india and hopefully this will have knocked some sense into him. however, i am delighted that the people who showed him his place are not the monied and hypocritical secular-elites who live at a different altitude mostly untouched by indina problems, or the media, but the simple and illiterate bihari. the media and secular-elites are far less relevant than they think.

this post of Pravlika is very significant because I think this signifies Pravalika changing her mind and showing fervent desire to vote for Modi in the next election. We will know soon because the country will answer this question for us in the next 3+ years of so (results of next election will be known by then).

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down