Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eminent Poet Ashok Vajpeyi: I don't know how RSS will harm Islam, but it will certainly destroy Hinduism

Go down

Eminent Poet Ashok Vajpeyi: I don't know how RSS will harm Islam, but it will certainly destroy Hinduism Empty Eminent Poet Ashok Vajpeyi: I don't know how RSS will harm Islam, but it will certainly destroy Hinduism

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Vajpeyi, who was among the writers who returned their awards, accused RSS of “distorting” the definition of Hindu religion and insisted that the government should do its job of protecting interests of people.

“Now they are saying that you are a traitor. So if I am a traitor let me say something. At present in India, I don’t know how Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) will harm Islam, but it will certainly destroy Hinduism,” he was quoted as saying by IANS.
Vajpeyi also dismissed allegations that the returning of awards was a “motivated” protest and questioned minister of state for external affairs VK Singh for his reported charges that the demonstrators were “paid” for the same by Congress.

“The minister says from holy soil of US that Congress paid us for returning awards. Yesterday someone asked me that we were paid Rs 15 lakh for the protest. Forget my case, but will anyone be able to buy authors like Romila Thapar? She had refused to accept Padma award from Congress government. How can anyone question her integrity,” he asked.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/poet-vajpeyi-prez-says-award-wapsi-spontaneous-triggered-debate/story-RTYBFJBGgcFoh0ck2sv6QI.html

Back to top Go down