Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay

+4
Propagandhi711
Merlot Daruwala
Thanjai Nalankilli
ashdoc
8 posters

Go down

What name do you prefer

Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Vote_lcap20%Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Vote_lcap60%Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Vote_lcap20%Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Empty Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay

Post by ashdoc Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:59 pm

http://www.livemint.com/Consumer/lhzhzcg5W7ENYSZItOrO1M/The-Independent-reverts-to-using-Bombay.html

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Empty Re: Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay

Post by ashdoc Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:00 pm

To be honest , it sounds as if the non marathis are ganging up against marathis if they call other cities as Kolkata and Chennai etc instead of Calcutta and Madras , and just call Mumbai as Bombay . It is more acceptable if people call all cities by their former names . But calling only Mumbai as Bombay while calling other cities by their changed names definitely sucks . This I am saying as a Marathi .

---ashdoc .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Empty Re: Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay

Post by Thanjai Nalankilli Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:37 pm

"I live in Bombay and I don't know where Mumbai is."

Alyque Padamsee,ad guru and theatre personality

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/i-live-in-bombay-and-i-do-not-know-where-mumbai-is-alyque-padamsee/1/206319.html

Thanjai Nalankilli

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Thanjai Nalankilli wrote:"I live in Bombay and I don't know where Mumbai is."

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/i-live-in-bombay-and-i-do-not-know-where-mumbai-is-alyque-padamsee/1/206319.html
he is a muslim .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanjai Nalankilli Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:40 pm

ashdoc wrote:

he is a muslim .

isn't he a parsee?

Thanjai Nalankilli

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:34 am

Thanjai Nalankilli wrote:
ashdoc wrote:

he is a muslim .

isn't he a parsee?
no , he is muslim .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:37 am

i like his daughter however---so delicate and soft   RazzIndependent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Shazahn-Padamsee-2013

Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Shazahn_padamsee_24_1122201015526123

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:54 am

ashdoc wrote:To be honest , it sounds as if the non marathis are ganging up against marathis if they call other cities as Kolkata and Chennai etc instead of Calcutta and Madras , and just call Mumbai as Bombay . It is more acceptable if people call all cities by their former names . But calling only Mumbai as Bombay while calling other cities by their changed names definitely sucks . This I am saying as a Marathi .

---ashdoc .

Stop playing the victim card all the time. Nobody says Kolkata or Bengaluru either. It'll always be Calcutta and Bangalore.

Madras never comes up in any conversation so I can't say if the new name has gotten any traction, but South Indians will forever be Madrasi.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 am

the guy who wrote this seems to be from kolkata/calcutta whatever .

he himself is either a bengali or else has lived among the stupid bongs at least . their own province is about to be overrun by bangladeshis and is on the verge of an islamic tidal wave . yet he finds problems in hindu nationalists in maharashtra .he should be reminded that it is because of the presence of hindu nationalism in maharashtra that whole of maharashtra is with india . the stupid bongs have lost 2/3rd of their land to bangladesh and are about to lose the rest too---precisely because of this pandering to secularism . later when they are kicked out of west bengal ,the same bongs will come to maharashtra to live safely under the protection of hindu nationalism .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:30 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
ashdoc wrote:To be honest , it sounds as if the non marathis are ganging up against marathis if they call other cities as Kolkata and Chennai etc instead of Calcutta and Madras , and just call Mumbai as Bombay . It is more acceptable if people call all cities by their former names . But calling only Mumbai as Bombay while calling other cities by their changed names definitely sucks . This I am saying as a Marathi .

---ashdoc .

Stop playing the victim card all the time. Nobody says Kolkata or Bengaluru either. It'll always be Calcutta and Bangalore.

Madras never comes up in any conversation so I can't say if the new name has gotten any traction, but South Indians will forever be Madrasi.
do they dare to call it calcutta or madras inside those cities ?? outsiders cant live in mumbai and dictate their names to us marathis . just because we marathis were liberal enough to allow them in our cities does not mean that they start to impose their names on us . 

tomorrow if muslims become majority in london , what will the 'independent' do if the muslims demand a change in name to an islamic one ?? what if the muslims demand to call it 'londonistan' ??

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:24 am

ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

---ashdoc .

do they dare to call it calcutta or madras inside those cities ?? outsiders cant live in mumbai and dictate their names to us marathis . just because we marathis were liberal enough to allow them in our cities does not mean that they start to impose their names on us . 

tomorrow if muslims become majority in london , what will the 'independent' do if the muslims demand a change in name to an islamic one ?? what if the muslims demand to call it 'londonistan' ??

Bombay is the financial capital of the country today solely because of the "outsiders" who you seem to consider second class citizens. It was great long before Maharashtra was created, and would probably be even greater if only it didn't have the endemically corrupt and incompetent BMC - run by Hindu Nationalists - managing the city's civic infrastructure and services.

As for Marathi greatness, you just have to look at the rest of Maharashtra - Vidarbha included - to see what it has accomplished. No water, no power, no infrastructure, industrial-scale corruption and the mostest farmer suicides. You can take pride in that, Doc.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanjai Nalankilli Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:35 am

http://video.scroll.in/803395/watch-comedian-russell-peters-hilariously-explain-why-he-calls-it-bombay-and-not-mumbai

Thanjai Nalankilli

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:31 am

ashdoc wrote:i like his daughter however---so delicate and soft   RazzIndependent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Shazahn-Padamsee-2013

FUCKKK YAAAAA...... love those slender shoulders, looks like a prime padmini jati specimen. I bet she's got very nice venus dimples too

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

---ashdoc .

Bombay is the financial capital of the country today solely because of the "outsiders" who you seem to consider second class citizens. It was great long before Maharashtra was created, and would probably be even greater if only it didn't have the endemically corrupt and incompetent BMC - run by Hindu Nationalists - managing the city's civic infrastructure and services.

As for Marathi greatness, you just have to look at the rest of Maharashtra - Vidarbha included - to see what it has accomplished. No water, no power, no infrastructure, industrial-scale corruption and the mostest farmer suicides. You can take pride in that, Doc.
Are you suggesting that people who migrate from outside and do better than local people should have the right to dictate name of that place just because they are doing better ?

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 am

That way , the shiv sena's demand to rename aurangabad ( named after aurangzeb ) should be immediately implemented because Hindus are doing econmically better than Muslims there.  i hope you won't object,  merlot.

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:31 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

---ashdoc .

+1 i still use bangalore for bangalore but chennai for madras. i've become used to to kolkata. i sometimes use mumbai, sometimes bombay (it was the first to change so it's a surprise my habit has still not changed). i used to live in amherst street. i have no clue where rajaramohunbaganeastbengallodalassan sarani is. i live in cit road. have no idea where fucking SWAMI SARVAPUNANDA ROAD IS! all idiots changing names should be pilloried. now aurangzeb road in delhi (used to know it for it was the priciest block) is what????

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Why should Indians care if a British Paper calls the city Bombay or Mumbai?

Indians don't care either with J&K not shown in India Smile, so this is nothing.

BTW, did you watch the sedition video from JNU, New Delhi recently in favor of Afzal Guru. Apparently that was not news.

When someone slaps those folks shouting against India, then it will be news.

RNIs here do not amaze me.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:23 pm

The Romans called the Germanic tribes barbarians. May be Indians should call Anglo-Saxans barbarians.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:30 pm

ashdoc wrote:i like his daughter however---so delicate and soft   RazzIndependent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Shazahn-Padamsee-2013

Independent newspaper of UK starts calling Mumbai as Bombay Shazahn_padamsee_24_1122201015526123

Girl ONLY consideration - religion, caste, education, family background, character no bars.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm

ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

---ashdoc .

Are you suggesting that people who migrate from outside and do better than local people should have the right to dictate name of that place just because they are doing better ?

there's no question; in human history, indeed, it's the greatest tragedy that might is always right.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:32 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

there's no question; in human history, indeed, it's the greatest tragedy that might is always right.
well , in mumbai the might belongs to the two thackerays' parties still . that is why the independent may say anything , but the name is still officially mumbai .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down