Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an uththar pradeshi civil servant who's doing important work, well

+2
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Hellsangel
6 posters

Go down

an uththar pradeshi civil servant who's doing important work, well Empty an uththar pradeshi civil servant who's doing important work, well

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/world/asia/india-primary-school-system-uttar-pradesh.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

an uththar pradeshi civil servant who's doing important work, well Empty Re: an uththar pradeshi civil servant who's doing important work, well

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Why do you spell it uththar, Il Professore?
 It is written as 
[ltr]उत्तर प्रदेश not उथ्थर प्रदेश[/ltr]
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

an uththar pradeshi civil servant who's doing important work, well Empty Re: an uththar pradeshi civil servant who's doing important work, well

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/world/asia/india-primary-school-system-uttar-pradesh.html

A principal, Manoj Singh, 40, was among those nabbed in the first raid. Soon after, Mr. Mishra demoted him to assistant teacher, cutting his monthly salary of $750 by one-third, and transferred him to a remote village a two hours’ drive from his home.
Mr. Singh said he was sure he could persuade Mr. Mishra to forgive him because “everyone had missed school for years and no officers had ever come down hard on anyone.”
He told Mr. Mishra that he was sick on the day of the attendance check, and even persuaded politicians and union leaders to intervene on his behalf.
“Do whatever you want,” he said Mr. Mishra told him. ”I have done what I have to.”
In his frustration, Mr. Singh acknowledged, “I got aggressive. It’s possible I said some loose words.”
In Mr. Mishra’s telling, the former principal threatened to shoot him.
Mr. Singh said he does not recall making such a threat, but whatever he said, it was enough for Mr. Mishra to go to the police.

LOL... can visualize it out of a movie scene.

apart, gotta love dashing officers, my age too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:19 pm

"Mr. Mishra said he soon discovered that some of the missing teachers lived nowhere near their schools. One lived in the New Delhi suburb of Noida, a two-hour flight from the Deoria area; another in India’s financial capital, Mumbai, more than a thousand miles away. Another had not been seen in school for six years.
He says many of them worked other jobs and had bribed his officers into reporting them present."

Sixty years of Sikular corruption!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:"Mr. Mishra said he soon discovered that some of the missing teachers lived nowhere near their schools. One lived in the New Delhi suburb of Noida, a two-hour flight from the Deoria area; another in India’s financial capital, Mumbai, more than a thousand miles away. Another had not been seen in school for six years.
He says many of them worked other jobs and had bribed his officers into reporting them present."

manoj singh doesn't sound like the name of a muslim or christian person; he may  not even be a sikh,.for there are many singhs in utthar pradesh. nothing says that he's secular. I wonder what his religion and caashtTu are.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:45 pm

swapna wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:"Mr. Mishra said he soon discovered that some of the missing teachers lived nowhere near their schools. One lived in the New Delhi suburb of Noida, a two-hour flight from the Deoria area; another in India’s financial capital, Mumbai, more than a thousand miles away. Another had not been seen in school for six years.

manoj singh doesn't sound like the name of a muslim or christian person; he may  not even be a sikh,.for there are many singhs in utthar pradesh. nothing says that he's secular. I wonder what his religion and caashtTu are.

well..part of the problem is, all sorts of people in india keep hindu names .......Do you have one?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/world/asia/india-primary-school-system-uttar-pradesh.html
a summary of earlier work, probably in rajasthan, by esther duflo and abhijeet banerjee of m.I. t., on solving the teacher truancy problem:

http://www.nber.org/papers/w11880

excerpt:

[size=70]"Teachers were given a camera with a tamper-proof date and time function, along with instructions to have one of the children photograph the teacher and other students at the beginning and end of the school day. The time and date stamps on the photographs were used to track teacher attendance. A teacher's salary was a direct function of his attendance."[/size]

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:20 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:

well..part of the problem is, all sorts of people in india keep hindu names .......Do you have one?
"well...," the other part of the problem is, all sorts of people of indian origin claim to be males and "keep" penii.
***** do you have one?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:26 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

"well...," the other part of the problem is, all sorts of people of indian origin claim to be males and "keep" penii.
***** do you have one?

Since Rev. Flimmy is enamored with Penis and dreams of Penii all the time, here is a great opportunity for him...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:50 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:

***** do you have one?

I always try to be close to the source, and be as accurate as possible - the source being Why do many Indian Christians "keep" Hindu names?;
  Today, several Syrian Christians name their children by Indian names like Deepak, Rahul, Neethu, Asha, etc.

tut, tut! seems like you got Evil or Very Mad, digressing from the content of the post, drooping down to penii...what's next?  madarchod/bhenchod ? no more holier than thou, eh ?
anyways, don't get too cocky, just stick to 711 with your penii and all Laughing

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:34 am

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:

***** do you have one?

I always try to be close to the source, and be as accurate as possible - the source being Why do many Indian Christians "keep" Hindu names?;
  Today, several Syrian Christians name their children by Indian names like Deepak, Rahul, Neethu, Asha, etc.

tut, tut! seems like you got Evil or Very Mad, digressing from the content of the post, drooping down to penii...what's next?  madarchod/bhenchod ? no more holier than thou, eh ?
anyways, don't get too cocky, just stick to 711 with your penii and all Laughing
no sir/madam, would I ever be cocky - funny, probably unintentional pun, in the context of 711 - when responding to a neo-matungan, especially when accompanied by tribal guardian uppiliamma? merely answering a rude and personal question with another well-deserved question.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:59 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:

***** do you have one?

no sir/madam, would I ever be cocky - funny, probably unintentional pun, in the context of 711 - when responding to a neo-matungan, especially when accompanied by tribal guardian uppiliamma? merely answering a rude and personal question with another well-deserved question.

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:56 am

the 'tt' doesn't represent the corresponding sound in the Hindi word for north well.  Try saying 'cutter' and the saying 'uttar' with the same emphasis on the 'tt'. Doesn't work, does it? Hence 'uththar'.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the 'tt' doesn't represent the corresponding sound in the Hindi word for north well.  Try saying 'cutter' and the saying 'uttar' with the same emphasis on the 'tt'. Doesn't work, does it? Hence 'uththar'.
You would distinguish between the usages the same way you would the usages forத and other consonants.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the 'tt' doesn't represent the corresponding sound in the Hindi word for north well.  Try saying 'cutter' and the saying 'uttar' with the same emphasis on the 'tt'. Doesn't work, does it? Hence 'uththar'.
they tried saying 'cutter'; it sounded exactly like 'cuthther'. so, 'uttar' must be the most suitable spelling of 'uththar.'

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:01 pm

thought you gave up the battle on thamizh vs tamil … so this now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I think the more appropriate spelling is "UdhaAr Pradhesh"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
You would distinguish between the usages the same way you would the usages forத and other consonants.

Poor analogy. I'm not using Tamil. I'm writing a post in English. Best to transcribe the sounds as best as I can in English.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Poor analogy. I'm not using Tamil. I'm writing a post in English. Best to transcribe the sounds as best as I can in English.
How would you write पठानकोट in English?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down