Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

average indian heights

+4
swapna
Kris
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

average indian heights Empty average indian heights

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:15 am

Average heights of Indian men and women are 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) and 5 ft (152 cm) respectively. This information is based on a 2006 study by National Institute of Nutrition (Indian Council of Medical Research).

random stats.. so... how many of us here are above average height?

Back to top Go down

average indian heights Empty Re: average indian heights

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:Average heights of Indian men and women are 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) and 5 ft (152 cm) respectively. This information is based on a 2006 study by National Institute of Nutrition (Indian Council of Medical Research).

I am as tall as Nepolean Bonaparte.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:16 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:Average heights of Indian men and women are 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) and 5 ft (152 cm) respectively. This information is based on a 2006 study by National Institute of Nutrition (Indian Council of Medical Research).

he was 5'6". in India he'd be above average height.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:56 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:

he was 5'6". in India he'd be above average height.

Really ? I thought he was 5' wonly.

Need to check. Then I am Nepolean - 6"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:07 pm

when swapna is in india, his  height is 165.000000000000001 cm (above average indian height). when he is in the USA (the continent), where we know gravity has a weaker effect, his height becomes 165.000000000002 cm (above average indian height). when swapna is in forumotion (where we know gravity jest does not work), his height increases to 183 cm. in all other places of the universe, where gravity works, his height is medium to brown. his complexion though, under all circumstances, is always above average -- please note!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:13 pm

brie wrote:

when swapna is in india, his  height is 165.000000000000001 cm (above average indian height). when he is in the USA (the continent), where we know gravity has a weaker effect, his height becomes 165.000000000002 cm (above average indian height). when swapna is in forumotion (where we know gravity jest does not work), his height increases to 183 cm. in all other places of the universe, where gravity works, his height is medium to brown. his complexion though, under all circumstances, is always above average -- please note!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:29 pm

brie wrote:

hahahaha. it's nice to see completely original posts such as this instead of same old spelling corrections from the boring, droning nabob of negativity and unresolved anger.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:39 pm

That seems to be on the low side. I am 5' 9.5".. always assumed to be in the average range.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:44 pm

there are two errors in uppusaamy's spelling of bonaparte's first name. 

what stand out in his post are deficiencies, not in his ability to spell, but in the general education and historical knowledge imparted to children by miss vijayalakshmi and other teachers at the gowNDer school of cbe; and the gowNDer's inability to rise above traditional indian weaknesses even as he males a life for himself in the u.s.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:06 pm

swapna wrote:

what stand out in his post are deficiencies, not in his ability to spell, but in the general education and historical knowledge imparted to children by miss vijayalakshmi and other teachers at the gowNDer school of cbe; and the gowNDer's inability to rise above traditional indian weaknesses even as he males a life for himself in the u.s.
Thomas,

Stop being a spelling and grammar corrector from 1995. If you have failed to notice, all websites provide spelling and grammar correction now. If they are still there then it only means, the poster don't care anymore.

Try being more than a 3rd grade English teacher.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Kris wrote:

That seems to be on the low side. I am 5' 9.5".. always assumed to be in the average range.
both your statement and meghu's are credible and consistent with my prior statements here, and long-held belief based on many observations, that today's northpeepals are visibly shorter than today's southern indians.

you were probably surrounded tamilians and other southern indians at vivekananda college in madras, hence your belief that the average indian height is around 5' 9.5", which is considerably greater than the average indian height of 5' 5" that meghu reports, probably correctly.

my guess, based on my observations, and the statements made here by others is that the average height of the northpeepals is about 5' 4.5", that of indians is 5' 5", and that of southern indians, 5' 7".

I have earlier discussed the reason why northpeepals do so poorly: pervasive economic and social backwardness caused and aggravated by caste and religious incivility, and preoccupation with peripheral and irrelevant matters such as national language.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:32 pm

swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

both your statement and meghu's are credible and consistent with my prior statements here, and long-held belief based on many observations, that today's northpeepals are visibly shorter than today's southern indians.

you were probably surrounded tamilians and other southern indians at vivekananda college in madras, hence your belief that the average indian height is around 5' 9.5", which is considerably greater than the average indian height of 5' 5" that meghu reports, probably correctly.

my guess, based on my observations, and the statements made here by others is that the average height of the northpeepals is about 5' 4.5", that of indians is 5' 5", and that of southern indians, 5' 7".

I have earlier discussed the reason why northpeepals do so poorly: pervasive economic and social backwardness caused and aggravated by caste and religious incivility, and preoccupation with peripheral and irrelevant matters such as national language.

once you are done bull shitting, go find some stats to back your statements. else, all this is hogwash.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:48 pm

swapna wrote:

correction: "even as he makes a life for himself in the u.s."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 pm

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

correction: "even as he makes a life for himself in the u.s."
Correction:  "even as he makes a life for himself in the U.S."

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:38 pm

swapna tightskinned babe ... no stats yet? tell me what indian states had male average height of 5'7" during Kris' college time, or even now.

what is your height, mr above-average height boy.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:30 pm

swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

I never thought about India's national language before I joined this South Indian forum. No one in north India thinks about it. 
It's you South Indians that make such a big deal about Tamil not getting enough respect n therefore Hindi is regional language too n India doesn't need a national language or it should be English. You worry about it. You're right about it being irrelevant just like you are. 

Mahatma Gandhi, Sachin Tendulkar, AR Rehman are all short. 

You are so touchy about height topic, then you should stay away from the thread. But you should know, your hair(baldness) and height are not in your control. You can't change genetics. Not in your lifetime for sure. You could control your command on language n see how well you did in that department. Be proud n don't let discussions about height get to you. 
Here here.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:41 pm

seven wrote:
swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

I never thought about India's national language before I joined this South Indian forum. No one in north India thinks about it. 
It's you South Indians that make such a big deal about Tamil not getting enough respect n therefore Hindi is regional language too n India doesn't need a national language or it should be English. You worry about it. You're right about it being irrelevant just like you are. 

Mahatma Gandhi, Sachin Tendulkar, AR Rehman are all short. 

You are so touchy about height topic, then you should stay away from the thread. But you should know, your hair(baldness) and height are not in your control. You can't change genetics. Not in your lifetime for sure. You could control your command on language n see how well you did in that department. Be proud n don't let discussions about height get to you. 
Here here.

now now... don't go raining on his parade. those are his very claims to his beauty, as claimed here https://such.forumotion.com/t35804-my-dear-swapna#214494. quoting:  I look better than you; above-average height, slim, a head full of hair, no loose skin.

got me curious about the peculiar use of 'above-average' instead of 'tall'.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Lol @ the ancient art of hitting with hammer on his own leg.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Swapna/Flimflam's problem is length. That is why his w and d left him and went to the other side of Rockies.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down