Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

travelers want raiklway tickets in Tamil

Go down

travelers want raiklway tickets in Tamil Empty travelers want raiklway tickets in Tamil

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:45 pm

Railway Users’ Association (KDRUA) has urged the railway authorities to print details on train tickets in Tamil also, along with Hindi and English. Its secretary said that a majority of people in the State could read only Tamil. They were forced to depend on others to make sure that the printed details were right. Many a times these people were penalised for boarding the wrong trains, he said.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

travelers want raiklway tickets in Tamil Empty Re: travelers want raiklway tickets in Tamil

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:27 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/killing-rajiv-gandhi-was-lttes-biggest-mistake-leader-reportedly-said-1285777

Back to top Go down

travelers want raiklway tickets in Tamil Empty Re: travelers want raiklway tickets in Tamil

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:24 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Railway Users’ Association (KDRUA) has urged the railway authorities to print details on train tickets in Tamil also, along with Hindi and English. Its secretary said that a majority of people in the State could read only Tamil. They were forced to depend on others to make sure that the printed details were right. Many a times these people were penalised for boarding the wrong trains, he said.
a few days ago i took an indigo flight out of delhi back to kolkata. cabin crew announced, before takeoff, that the attendants could speak hindi AND punjabi. once we were cruising i pressed the flight attendant bell. a pretty, young, smiling, thing appeared. i started concatenating punjabi words, speaking very fast and wildly gesticulating. the girl strained to understand but i read her expressions (she spiki no punjabi). i started shouting (not literally but loudly), over and over - tenu punjabi ni aundi? punjabi ni aundi? she smiled sheepishly and requested me to wait till she fetched an attendant who did. the punjabi speaking attendant came. i switched to talking in hindi.

but KV, i yegsposed them! beware of similar tactics indian railways might use to placate irate tamilian commuters!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down