Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the tufts syndrome

3 posters

Go down

the tufts syndrome Empty the tufts syndrome

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:17 am

http://www.collegeconfidential.com/admit/beware-the-tufts-syndrome/
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

the tufts syndrome Empty Re: the tufts syndrome

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:22 am

we think this has affected her at some places to which she had applied and got rejected. not particularly concerned because she has good choices. it's an interesting phenomenon nevertheless.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:34 am

final decision made?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:12 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:final decision made?

almost there. waiting to hear from three more places (where we have zero expectations).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:26 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:final decision made?

and yours?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:53 pm

My child couldn't get into Ivy Leagues because 1. She is asian and asians are discriminated against by the Ivies. Whites have it so easy! 
2. She got rejected at other places because of Tufts syndrome.
3. She is at a disadvantage because she is from a stable family. Kids from broken families are at an advantage over kids of responsible parents.

and on and on and on. Some desi parents!! Lol! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:we think this has affected her at some places to which she had applied and got rejected. not particularly concerned because she has good choices. it's an interesting phenomenon nevertheless.

You were not aware of this before ? It is practiced widely by IVY leagues (why there are so few from California in Ivies), in professional schools, and in INDIAN Elite schools even in "those" days.

in the US, the question "List any family members who attended THIS school" is very important. If your parents had attended that particular school, the kid ALSO attending it is very high.

I can tell stories but enough is said.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Kinnera wrote:My child couldn't get into Ivy Leagues because 1. She is asian and asians are discriminated against by the Ivies. Whites have it so easy! 
3. She is at a disadvantage because she is from a stable family. Kids from broken families are at an advantage over kids of responsible parents.

Ohh,,,,good.. For a quick second I thought you had a "Secret" daughter.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:12 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:My child couldn't get into Ivy Leagues because 1. She is asian and asians are discriminated against by the Ivies. Whites have it so easy! 

Ohh,,,,good.. For a quick second I thought you had a "Secret" daughter.
Did you? I am not surprised. You have a 'ridiculously imaginative' mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:we think this has affected her at some places to which she had applied and got rejected. not particularly concerned because she has good choices. it's an interesting phenomenon nevertheless.

You were not aware of this before ? It is practiced widely by IVY leagues (why there are so few from California in Ivies), in professional schools, and in INDIAN Elite schools even in "those" days.

in the US, the question "List any family members who attended THIS school" is very important. If your parents had attended that particular school, the kid ALSO attending it is very high.

what are:

- "professional schools?"

- "INDIAN Elite schools?"

- "those days?"

please give a couple of examples of each type of school.

btw, there's only one ivy league.

I'd like to hear some of the stories you referred to.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:42 pm

swapna wrote:

what are:

- "those days?"

First...don't order me. Don't.

Second of all. There is more than ONE Ivy League. Learn that, come back and tell me what you have learnt.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:21 pm

swapna wrote:

what are:

- "those days?"

Second of all. There is more than ONE Ivy League.  Learn that, come back and tell me what you have learnt.
answers and examples, or you're full of hot air.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:11 pm

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

what are:

- "those days?"

Second of all. There is more than ONE Ivy League.  Learn that, come back and tell me what you have learnt.
answers and examples, or you're full of hot air.

Even in this you dont have any original knowledge. Bcz, I have been saying all along that "I AM full of hot air."

Of course, you have no clue how hot air is (very) important for many applications. Put aside your glowing business successes and review some of the texts from your undergraduate days to know the importance of hot air.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down