Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blast in Pakistan

+3
Propagandhi711
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blast in Pakistan  - Page 2 Empty Re: Blast in Pakistan

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

isn't there a lot of fairly nasty stuff in the old testament? and that the folks who take religious inspiration from the old testament don't necessarily act on it?
Maybe it simply means that the Jewish people became civilized and stopped following Moses' law. And the followers of the Quran are a long way from being civilized. Forget ISIS, even governments follow it.

you asked me if there was a nuanced way to read what it says. i gave you an example of people who read another violent text and don't act on all its nasty recommendations. so they must be reading it in a nuanced way. the same applies to the 98% of muslims who read the quran and don't act on its vilest recommendations.
Or they have learned to disregard it totally. 98%? Where are you coming up with these figures?

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/belief-in-old-and-new-testaments/
Oh yes! Just the other day, the news papers were talking about Jehovah's Witnesses stoning someone to death for violating their law.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:43 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2016/03/do-western-lives-matter-more-lets-talk-terrorism.html

Blast in Pakistan  - Page 2 1193_1145736252133783_973857153667175756_n
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:so the islamic terrorism in the west is because of islamophobia, alienation of muslims in their countries,  western imperialism, their support for Israel, the wars that they waged, etc. 
What are the reasons for the same kind of terrorism in Asia and Africa again?
Was Pakistan having terrorism issues since its inception?
Its inception itself was very bloody! 

Now what all excuses are you going to come up with for the mass murder of innocent children and women in the park?
Wonderful, what you say is written in stone like ten commandments but whatever I say is a mere excuse in support of terrorists. We all bow to this profound logic.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Maybe it simply means that the Jewish people became civilized and stopped following Moses' law. And the followers of the Quran are a long way from being civilized. Forget ISIS, even governments follow it.

you asked me if there was a nuanced way to read what it says. i gave you an example of people who read another violent text and don't act on all its nasty recommendations. so they must be reading it in a nuanced way. the same applies to the 98% of muslims who read the quran and don't act on its vilest recommendations.
Or they have learned to disregard it totally. 98%? Where are you coming up with these figures?

Oh yes! Just the other day, the news papers were talking about Jehovah's Witnesses stoning someone to death for violating their law.

are you being deliberately dense? this was an example of a people who believe in the old testament, but not a literal reading of it and offered as a counterpoint to your claim that the OT is ignored completely.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Oh yes, Il Professore! All you want is also for people to say Je suis Lahore.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2016/03/do-western-lives-matter-more-lets-talk-terrorism.html

Blast in Pakistan  - Page 2 1193_1145736252133783_973857153667175756_n

What are you trying to say. The Western media should cover EQUAL coverage to all terrorist acts all across the globe, and that by showcasing only Euro bombings they are exagerrating iSlamic terror?

Simple matter of fact... when you dont care for bombings in North India and/or Naarth Peepals dying why should the western media or peepal care EQUALLy for non-white peepal?

It is never Nigera or Kenya...bcz they are important for African news media.

இனம் இனம் அறியும்

That does not mean the JIMP can be absolved for its "contribution" to the destruction of peace across the world.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Oh yes, Il Professore! All you want is also for people to say Je suis Lahore.

maybe there will be more support for the war on terror in those societies if the west started doing that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

are you being deliberately dense? this was an example of a people who believe in the old testament, but not a literal reading of it and offered as a counterpoint to your claim that the OT is ignored completely.
That's a stupid example you quoted there, Il Professore,   your link already says it is not binding on Christians. If anything, the Torah is binding on the Jewish people.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Oh yes, Il Professore! All you want is also for people to say Je suis Lahore.

maybe there will be more support for the war on terror in those societies if the west started doing that.
And maybe snakes will make docile pets once we start calling them cute.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
What are you trying to say.  The Western media should cover EQUAL coverage to all terrorist acts all across the globe, and that by showcasing only Euro bombings they are exagerrating iSlamic terror?

Simple matter of fact... when you dont care for bombings in North India and/or Naarth Peepals dying why should the western media or peepal care EQUALLy for non-white peepal?

இனம் இனம் அறியும்

That does not mean the JIMP can be absolved for its "contribution" to the destruction of peace across the world.

or underplaying it by not even mentioning its effects in places outside of western societies.

i agree individuals care about issues that hold particular resonance for them, but we are talking about global news agencies whose responsibility it is to report news that happens everywhere.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Yeah! Islamic terrorism is now the fault of CNN and the BBC.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:10 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:So scores of innocent women and childen are blasted off in Pakistan and all that these islamophilics want to talk about is about western media? Islamic terrorism is not a burning problem, but the reporting of the western media is? How insensitive of them to be talking about such things now. It's such an insult to the poor souls who lost their lives just a few hours ago to terrorism. These libbies will go to any length to divert the attention from islamic terrorism. Disgusting!
Did you ever criticize your adopted country's foreign policy for cozying up with the prime sponsor of terrorism? About your other point, had the US new media reported about Paris attack in the same proportion as the attacks in Pakistan, do you think it would've been as big a deal in the US?
of course! why do you think i voted for Obama twice? It was to protest against Bush's war in Iraq. look up at the archives of Sulekha. I expressed that Bush should've gone after Osama and Al Qaida in Afghanistan, instead of Saddam and Iraq. I wasn't happy about the billions of dollars given to Pakistan and making it an ally in the war on terror, which is so ironic! Making a crook and a terrorist country of the first order as its ally was such a wrong move.

western media not talking about the terrorist incidents in Asia or Africa extensively as they talk about the ones that happen in  western countries is a problem which i brought up in other social media. But my intention was not to try to deflect or cover up the real problem of islamic terrorism, but to highlight it and i empathized with the victims. You terrorist apologist libbies' intention is quite the opposite and it's no obvious: to deflect the real issue of islamic terrorism. Isn't that disgusting?

Last edited by Kinnera on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Yeah! Islamic terrorism is now the fault of CNN and the BBC.

don't remember saying that in this thread, or ever.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:17 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Yeah! Islamic terrorism is now the fault of CNN and the BBC.

don't remember saying that in this thread, or ever.
Yeah. Global news agencies under reporting ...
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:22 pm

is it fair to say that the largest number of victims of islamic terror are muslims?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:is it fair to say that the largest number of victims of islamic terror are muslims?
Are you going to present that as an excuse for islamic terror on non-muslims?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:So scores of innocent women and childen are blasted off in Pakistan and all that these islamophilics want to talk about is about western media? Islamic terrorism is not a burning problem, but the reporting of the western media is? How insensitive of them to be talking about such things now. It's such an insult to the poor souls who lost their lives just a few hours ago to terrorism. These libbies will go to any length to divert the attention from islamic terrorism. Disgusting!
Did you ever criticize your adopted country's foreign policy for cozying up with the prime sponsor of terrorism? About your other point, had the US new media reported about Paris attack in the same proportion as the attacks in Pakistan, do you think it would've been as big a deal in the US?
of course! why do you think i voted for Obama twice? It was to protest against Bush's war in Iraq. look up at the archives of Sulekha. I expressed that Bush should've gone after Osama and Al Qaida in Afghanistan, instead of Saddam and Iraq. I wasn't happy about the billions of dollars given to Pakistan and making it an ally in the war on terror, which is so ironic! Making a crook and a terrorist country of the first order as its ally was such a wrong move.

western media not talking about the terrorist incidents in Asia or Africa extensively as they talk about the ones that happen in  western countries is a problem which i brought up in other social media. But my intention was not to try to deflect or cover up the real problem of islamic terrorism, but to highlight it and i empathized with the victims. You terrorist apologist libbies' intention is quite the opposite and it's no obvious: to deflect the real issue of islamic terrorism. Isn't that disgusting?
I was referring to Saudi Arabia, the world's principal proselytizer of Wahabism/Islamic extremism. Terrorist apologist? yeah, right! speaking of double standards, I'm the one vacationing in a muslim country despite hating them and calling them all terrorists.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:is it fair to say that the largest number of victims of islamic terror are muslims?

no. how does that even make sense? it's a question whose intention is to make the point that demonizing muslims doesn't help the situation, since they suffer from islamic terrorism more than anyone else.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
What are you trying to say.  The Western media should cover EQUAL coverage to all terrorist acts all across the globe, and that by showcasing only Euro bombings they are exagerrating iSlamic terror?

இனம் இனம் அறியும்

or underplaying it by not even mentioning its effects in places outside of western societies.

i agree individuals care about issues that hold particular resonance for them, but we are talking about global news agencies whose responsibility it is to report news that happens everywhere.

There is no such thing as GLOBAL news agency that caters to ALL the world's peepals. The AP and Reuter operation are pretty much like websites. All the news is avilable and the newspapers NYT or Framingham Post can pick whatever they think is of interest to their readers. I was in minnesota and read a lot more news about Somalia and Kenya - due to a large population from those places. I bet Dallas Star will cover more about Messicans and drug lords.

So who cares for Pakisatani bombings in US or India?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Sure. To use an off-repeated example, more Germans than Jews died during WW2.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 pm

a somewhat imperfect analogy -- i get upset when an old college friend who has made the UK his home, writes to tell me how crazy he thinks we americans are after one of these gun massacres. hmm, "we americans"? hello, many of us think the gun nuts are crazy too. so could you kindly quit with the "you americans"?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Kinnera wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/03/27/bomb-blast-pakistan-park/82320644/

very sad... guess the people of pakistan, and/or any moderate islamic group all over, will have to pick up and fight the fanatics among themselves. they can't continue to shield them anymore, can't continue to be scared of them either. need to more aggressively assert inwardly that they don't stand with them, instead of aggressively telling the western world to stop discriminating. all other religions did this at one point or the other, high time they did too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:a somewhat imperfect analogy --  i get upset when an old college friend who has made the UK his home, writes to tell me how crazy he thinks we americans are after one of these gun massacres. hmm, "we americans"? hello, many of us think the gun nuts are crazy too. so could you kindly quit with the "you americans"?

You mean he should have said "You Americans ecept you and a few others" every time he uses the word? or carefully state "most Americans, Most Muslims, Most hindus" each time for fear of the SCOTUS coming after us ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:51 pm

and it's not just the news media, it's also politicians (including many democrats) who make comments about standing in solidarity with the people of belgium and france (wonderful sentiment, and i support it entirely), but never have it in their hearts to say they stand with burkina faso or nigeria.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:and it's not just the news media, it's also politicians (including many democrats) who make comments about standing in solidarity with the people of belgium and france (wonderful sentiment, and i support it entirely), but never have it in their hearts to say they stand with burkina faso or nigeria.

Why and why should they ? IN democracy the fight is for the heart of the majority.

Do you expect Modi ji or even Sonia ji expressing condolences to the Lahore killing profusely? That too Sonia ? she wont... bcz she is a whitie. The more common things you find with a person the more you indentify and develop a subconscious kinship. Why would Trump or Cruz waste their crocodile tears on Blacks?

Humanism is long dead pal... These are the people who tell those without insurance to forgo medical treatment. That is the status of humanism today.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:and it's not just the news media, it's also politicians (including many democrats) who make comments about standing in solidarity with the people of belgium and france (wonderful sentiment, and i support it entirely), but never have it in their hearts to say they stand with burkina faso or nigeria.

Why and why should they ? IN democracy the fight is for the heart of the majority.

Do you expect Modi ji or even Sonia ji expressing condolences to the Lahore killing profusely?  That too Sonia ? she wont... bcz she is a whitie.  The more common things you find with a person the more you indentify and develop a subconscious kinship.  Why would Trump or Cruz waste their crocodile tears on Blacks?

Humanism is long dead pal...  These are the people who tell those without insurance to forgo medical treatment. That is the status of humanism today.

it's ironic that you admit this, but expect muslims alone to behave differently.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Do you expect Modi ji or even Sonia ji expressing condolences to the Lahore killing profusely?  That too Sonia ? she wont... bcz she is a whitie.  The more common things you find with a person the more you indentify and develop a subconscious kinship.  Why would Trump or Cruz waste their crocodile tears on Blacks?

Humanism is long dead pal...  These are the people who tell those without insurance to forgo medical treatment. That is the status of humanism today.

What are you talking. nothing can be equated or compared to muslims who kill and bomb people citing their holy book and justify all wrong doings - even at your own workplace - justifying it in the name of supporting fellow muslims FIRST (not matter what). This has no parallels. The JIMP knows no humanism.

it's ironic that you admit this, but expect muslims alone to behave differently.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

no. how does that even make sense? it's a question whose intention is to make the point that demonizing muslims doesn't help the situation, since they suffer from islamic terrorism more than anyone else.
Maybe they should stop being the victims and push to reform the 800-lb gorilla Godzilla aka Their Playbook.

Even the sole Jewish state does not follow Mosaic law. Maybe the 'victims' can learn to be civilized too.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:22 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Pay attention to how fast this will fade from the western media as opposed to the wall to wall coverage of the French and Belgian attacks.

yes that's the most important thing to learn from this: that ppl dont care as deeply for something that happens half a world away.

Islamic terrorism is certainly a scourge, but only if it affects the west (including Israel). Same shit happens in Asia or Africa as it does every week, nobody gives a crap.

same way you emotionally connect to tamil language, tamil causes, tamil food, tamil....when others do the it it's a symptom of what, racism? I fail to understand the convoluted point
Bingo! Smile

This hits the nail on the head.

Max, why are you now worried, when you do the same when it suits you? Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:32 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Pay attention to how fast this will fade from the western media as opposed to the wall to wall coverage of the French and Belgian attacks.

yes that's the most important thing to learn from this: that ppl dont care as deeply for something that happens half a world away.

Islamic terrorism is certainly a scourge, but only if it affects the west (including Israel). Same shit happens in Asia or Africa as it does every week, nobody gives a crap.

same way you emotionally connect to tamil language, tamil causes, tamil food, tamil....when others do the it it's a symptom of what, racism? I fail to understand the convoluted point

rofllllll. man, you nailed it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:36 am

Ha ha ha! Best exemplified by Il Professore wanting the veshti wearing, Tamil speaking Chidambaram as India's Prime Minister.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:56 am

Hellsangel wrote:Ha ha ha! Best exemplified by Il Professore wanting the veshti wearing, Tamil speaking Chidambaram as India's Prime Minister.
hahaahahahaaha. i did not know that. rofl that his son has stashed crores and chiddu made changes to the ishraat chargesheet be damned! chauvinism and jingoism above common sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:57 am

southindian wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Bingo! Smile

This hits the nail on the head.

Max, why are you now worried, when you do the same when it suits you? Smile

this is a reasonable response if i was asking members of this forum to give up their day time jobs and move to burkina faso, lahore etc, to cover terrorism events there. i was talking about CNN and other news outlets in the west.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:04 am

Oh Il Professore, you have no cause for complaint when Bernie Sanders supporters decry CNN for its coverage and fawning over your Queen Shrillery, but this, it causes you concen?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:22 am

Hellsangel wrote:Oh Il Professore, you have no cause for complaint when Bernie Sanders supporters decry CNN for its coverage and fawning over your Queen Shrillery, but this, it causes you concen?

i apologize for thinking that equal coverage of mass murder of people at different places in the globe deserves more importance than equal political coverage of election campaigns. you guys (general you, as in GOP acolytes) are the masters of the outrage machine. perhaps you'll have some to spare for bernie.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:30 am

What a ho-hum predictable response, Il Professore. Just like politics, all news is local. What makes you think BBC Pakistan or CNN Pakistan are not covering it.

Maybe you should spare some of that outrage towards your veshti wearing leader for doctoring reports.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2