Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"What does the rest of India think of Telugus?"

Go down

"What does the rest of India think of Telugus?" Empty "What does the rest of India think of Telugus?"

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:57 am

Honestly I pity them.

I'm from an 'elite engineering college'. Although a lot of gults manage to get in with a lot of coaching- they have no idea what to do once IN college...

The 'stereotypical' gults (those are the ones you want me to talk about) are not comfortable in hindi or english, have no hobbies, talents or passions, travel in large groups and don't mix well with people from other regions.

This is true exclusively of gults. No other language or ethnic group is so homogenous and ethnocentric in the friendships they form. Mallus for instance, have a strong camaraderie- but easily make non-mallu friends as well. Kannadigas fit into chomland quite easily.

These gults are perfectly decent people if you manage to catch them alone and strike up a one-on-one conversation with them in the first couple of weeks of college- but don't expect to be able to do this for long- after a while you'll find that that they've been absorbed by the gult hive-mind and travel in packs, sometimes dozens of individuals wide, in which they apparently lose the ability to speak in any other language apart from telugu, and sometimes even pressurise members that have close friends from outside the state.

These 'gults' do well with coaching, but once in college they unceremoniously drop to the bottom of the rankings unless the course is a repeat of +2 material.

I have spoken to more affluent/open kids from hyderabad to try to understand it- none of them deny the existence of this trend as the other posters on this question have- their analysis is that these guys were forced to give up their hobbies at a young age, started studying for JEE too early, and have ended up missing a lot of a normal school life, which makes them even more socially awkward than your average top engineering gup. They are uncomfortable with dealing with new people, uncomfortable with the classes in different languages, the new culture, the different food, the radically different philosophies of their peers.

Instead they gravitate towards what they know and are comfortable with.

Other gults.

https://www.quora.com/Gultis-What-does-the-rest-of-India-think-of-Telugus

Back to top Go down