Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charvaka as Admin: Hellsangel and Jeremiah Mburuburu...

2 posters

Go down

Charvaka as Admin: Hellsangel and Jeremiah Mburuburu... Empty Charvaka as Admin: Hellsangel and Jeremiah Mburuburu...

Post by garam_kuta Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:23 pm

just got back after a sumptuous italian 3 course dinner.  a double portion of Tiramisu augmented by espresso must have prompted me to paint the canvas below Very Happy
and of course, i intend to have yogurt rice caressing vEpilai katti to round it off before hitting the sack Wink

Charvaka as Admin: Hellsangel and Jeremiah Mburuburu...

Admin wrote:These two posters are in frequent violation of SuCH privacy policy. HA uses his signature to disclose the private information of a poster, and JM responds by posting the private information of another, unrelated poster. Both these behaviors are completely unacceptable violations of forum policy, etiquette, and ethical standards. I am not a lawyer, but I think these behaviors are also illegal. This cannot continue.

HA, there is no justification at all for your posting the purported name of another poster, in your signature or anywhere else. This is malicious behavior, and there is no place for it on this forum.

JM, there is no justification at all for your dragging in a completely unrelated member and posting their private information whenever HA posts your private information. You have easy, convenient recourse to getting the information removed; all you need to do is ask for that information to be removed.

To both HA and JM: One of the elements of adult behavior in a community is to follow the rules of the community, and you are regularly breaking the rules here. You are here of your own free will, and you if you don't like the rules here, you have the choice of discussing the rules with the community and changing them. But flouting the rules frequently is not a sustainable option.

I do not consider either of you my friend or enemy. I have my points of agreement and disagreement with both of you, and I would like for you to participate here as members who observe the rules of this community. I therefore advice you to cease and desist from further violations of the SuCH privacy policy.

I also welcome the suggestions of other members on how to prevent unacceptable behavior in future.
=============================================================================================
Guest wrote:A signature is never permanent as once a user changes it, the change is across the board for all posts past and present. But a post is permanent.

Either behaviour is useless imo. Wish people stopped acting stubborn and childish.

Having said that, is it possible for you to add ban words in sigs, pp?
====================================================================
Admin wrote:Jeremiah Mburuburu: you are continuing to violate the privacy policy. This would be a good time to stop. Your legitimate grievances can be addressed if you take the required action. But by continuing your illegal behavior, you are making things worse for yourself.

==============================================================================================

Guest wrote:
Admin wrote:Jeremiah Mburuburu: you are continuing to violate the privacy policy. This would be a good time to stop. Your legitimate grievances can be addressed if you take the required action. But by continuing your illegal behavior, you are making things worse for yourself.

HA has violated the privacy policy on many more occasions than JM. Furthermore, in the recent episode, it was HA who was instigating and provoking JM to reveal your name when he kept using JM's name in his signature. In my opinion it is your failure to rein in your malicious buddy HA which is the root of this problem.

===============================================================================================

Idéfix wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:A signature is never permanent as once a user changes it, the change is across the board for all posts past and present. But a post is permanent.

Either behaviour is useless imo. Wish people stopped acting stubborn and childish.

Having said that, is it possible for you to add ban words in sigs, pp?
I don't see how the difference between signature and post is relevant in the matter of disclosure of private information. Private information is just that, and whether it is revealed in a signature or a post, it is a violation. People are here on the basis of anonymity. I don't think anyone here wants their own personal information in the signature line of another poster. This is why what HA is doing is completely unacceptable.

I agree that this is childish behavior. I hope the members in question can behave as adults.

I don't think I can ban words only from signatures. I am personally against banning words, and someone who wants to can always get around specific-word bans. We are a group of adults, and we can tell when we are doing something wrong; we don't need a software restriction for that. We just need members to stop deliberately violating the policy. What we need is more maturity on the part of members and respect for the rules.
===============================================================================================

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Charvaka as Admin: Hellsangel and Jeremiah Mburuburu... Empty Re: Charvaka as Admin: Hellsangel and Jeremiah Mburuburu...

Post by Kris Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:04 am

garam_kuta wrote:just got back after a sumptuous italian 3 course dinner.  a double portion of Tiramisu augmented by espresso must have prompted me to paint the canvas below Very Happy
and of course, i intend to have yogurt rice caressing vEpilai katti to round it off before hitting the sack Wink
>>>G-K,

This is seriously wrong, buddy. No, no, not the meal, but the fact this place is never far from your thoughts. Step away from the site, gently back away (and may I add, head in the direction of the garage fridge for some sinful Spumoni).

Kris

Back to top Go down