Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing of the Cincinnati Gorilla

+7
Seva Lamberdar
MaxEntropy_Man
goodcitizn
confuzzled dude
FluteHolder
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
11 posters

Go down

Killing of the Cincinnati Gorilla  Empty Killing of the Cincinnati Gorilla

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 30, 2016 5:21 pm

- is it justified. Yes the gOrilla "lfited" the boy by his diaper. But it did not hit the baby or pushed and throw the baby around for quite some time. Obviously if it had threateded it would have harmed the boy.

The trigger happy guys just jumped the gun as the boy's parent can sue the Zoo while the gorilla cannot sue.

This is very similar to shooting a black under the presumption "it could have, would have, and should have" caused harm.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Killing of the Cincinnati Gorilla  Empty Re: Killing of the Cincinnati Gorilla

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 30, 2016 8:13 pm

see this is what I like about you - it's quite evident you know more about what the gorilla was gonna do by watching a 20 sec clip on tv than ppl that work with animals for most of their lives. that sorta confidence is so rare and special.

PS: also are you equating "a black" with a gorilla?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:see this is what I like about you - it's quite evident you know more about what the gorilla was gonna do by watching a 20 sec clip on tv than ppl that work with animals for most of their lives. that sorta confidence is so rare and special.

It is the white folks who equate blacks with gOrilla - which prompted the idiots to shoot.

The gOrilla did not kill for some time and it did not feel threatened about the boy - not after 2-5 min. It was agitated by the spectators screaing and yelling. did you expect the groilla to climb the wall and hand deliver the boy ?

As long as the gOrilla did not kill, people will always claim the gOrilla could have and would have bullshyt. the basic psychology is "fear" it was afraid of the crowd and not the boy.

I am as right as the Khakhi uniformed buffoons. I say the animal would not have harmed the boy, they claim the animal would have. Did it kill ? no. Hence, I am right.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:see this is what I like about you - it's quite evident you know more about what the gorilla was gonna do by watching a 20 sec clip on tv than ppl that work with animals for most of their lives. that sorta confidence is so rare and special.

It is the white folks who equate blacks with gOrilla - which prompted the idiots to shoot.

The gOrilla did not kill for some time and it did not feel threatened about the boy - not after 2-5 min. It was agitated by the spectators screaing and yelling. did you expect the groilla to climb the wall and hand deliver the boy ?

As long as the gOrilla did not kill, people will always claim the gOrilla could have and would have bullshyt. the basic psychology is "fear" it was afraid of the crowd and not the boy.

I am as right as the Khakhi uniformed buffoons. I say the animal would not have harmed the boy, they claim the animal would have. Did it kill ? no. Hence, I am right.

that's it. I retire to my bed in awe of your self confidence.

PS: since you're so confident in your armchair analysis, we should try sending you in there as an experiment and see if a 400 lb gorilla would perceive you a threat or not.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon May 30, 2016 9:34 pm

There are few more videos where the gorilla was dragging the boy in water (as per its own instinct and not knowing how to see that boy as threat to him or not). The more they would have waited, the animal would have got agitated (due to the noise/yelling of the visitors) and would have harmed the boy. It is a hard decision for the zoo officials. It seems they tried to direct gorillas to some other area/enclosure and few of them did and this one did not follow their command/direction.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

that's it. I retire to my bed in awe of your self confidence.

PS: since you're so confident in your armchair analysis, we should try sending you in there as an experiment and see if a 400 lb gorilla would perceive you a threat or not.

YOu mean to say...other than the ones who are actually on the ground no one else should have an opinion or view. By that token every carnatic music critic or a cricket commentator and umpire must have performed in respective field.

What do you say about all those who also of the view the killing was unnecessary? Why didn't the security first clear the crowd and move them out ? and these so-called Animal experts did not know that an yelling and screaming crowd was not upsetting the gOrilla. In that case, I certainly am a better expert than those baffoons. Hell even that gOrilla is a better expert than the Zoo baffoons.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 30, 2016 9:50 pm

I blame gun control activists for this tragedy. Arming Harambe would've definitely saved his life, as it would've given him an opportunity to adequately defend himself.

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Mon May 30, 2016 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 30, 2016 9:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:I blame gun control activists for this tragedy. Arming Harambe would've definitely saved his life, as it would've given him an opportunity to adequately defended himself.

A more realistic view: Arm all 3 yr olds with proper training before they step into any joo.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 30, 2016 10:20 pm

.....Exactly what I mentioned. See the CNN.com front page site for exact words: DID SCREAMS AGITATE GORILLA

The buffoons did not even clear the crowd. These animal exeperts dont even know the basic psychology of all mamals and they proclaimed that the gOrilla COULD have hurt the boy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue May 31, 2016 2:51 am

Why didn't they use a tranquilizer gun?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 31, 2016 7:35 am

The blame for this's lies entirely with the parents. Apparently the boy had to overcome multiple barriers before he reached the enclosure. What on earth were they doing for that long a period of time. My guess -- cell phone distraction.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 31, 2016 8:37 am

Just goes to show that the wildlife is threatened not only because the humans are mass producing and taking over the habitat of other animals, but also due to the inability in taking care of their kids properly and responsibly. 
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue May 31, 2016 8:54 am

I wonder why one or both of the parents didn't jump into the moat to scare away or.confuse the gorilla for a few minutes until a rope could be thrown in.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 31, 2016 8:57 am

Did anyone realize that the caged animal here was the Gorilla who also got killed? Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am

swapna wrote:I wonder why one or both of the parents didn't jump into the moat to scare away or.confuse the gorilla for a few minutes until a rope could be thrown in.

Bcz they don't look as scary as you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 31, 2016 10:42 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:The  blame for this's lies entirely with the  parents. Apparently the boy had to overcome multiple barriers before he reached the enclosure. What on earth were they doing for that long a period of time. My guess -- cell phone distraction.

The police should check cell phone records and if they were found to be on their cell precisely at that time, then the parents should be arrested for child neglect and abetting and endangering the life of a child.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 31, 2016 10:50 am

swapna wrote:I wonder why one or both of the parents didn't jump into the moat to scare away or.confuse the gorilla for a few minutes until a rope could be thrown in.
If you read one of the reports the father did jump into the moat. The Gorilla saw him coming and cried "Thomas!" for help. On seeing you approaching to help the Gorilla, the father backed off.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

"Parents Of Four-Year-Old Boy Who Fell Into Gorilla Enclosure Pictured For First Time" ---
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/parents-four-old-boy-fell-080907075.html
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 31, 2016 2:02 pm

.......Looks like Harambe has some people fighting for him.

The parents cell phone MUST be checked and if they were BSing away when the child slipped, throw them in the slammer. In fact, looking at the parents in Seva's link, if both parents had jumped into the moat, Harambe would have fled the zoo as he is no match for the two biggies.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 31, 2016 3:17 pm

I'm against zoos and caging wild animals in the first place.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 31, 2016 3:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I'm against zoos and caging wild animals in the first place.

I agree.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:05 am

Zoos usually have security cameras. Wonder if there was any footage, even a bystander's video, to see if there was real negligence by the parents. Apparently the mother was holding a baby and had two other kids with her when the boy fell. This gorilla was zoo-born and, at 17, in its prime as a silverback. Anyway I still think the parents were irresponsible. What was the dad doing during this?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:23 am

goodcitizn wrote:Zoos usually have security cameras. Wonder if there was any footage, even a bystander's video, to see if there was real negligence by the parents. Apparently the mother was holding a baby and had two other kids with her when the boy fell. This gorilla was zoo-born and, at 17, in its prime as a silverback. Anyway I still think the parents were irresponsible. What was the dad doing during this?
He didn't fall in. He declared he would climb in and he did. If you read the detailed news reports, you'd see that from a witness who was standing next to the family.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:41 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I'm against zoos and caging wild animals in the first place.

why?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:46 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

why?

how would you like it if a more advanced species from a planet far away comes to Earth and decides to take you away with them and puts you in a cage after which the people in the planet come to ogle at you every day?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:08 am

Silverbacks are known to be caregivers for orphaned infants in gorilla societies. I wonder if Harambe thought of the little boy as an orphaned youngster. Hard to tell, but I think the zoo keepers made a difficult but right call.

I am against zoos for the same reason I don't like being incarcerated even if it is in a club fed type of prison.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:36 am

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Zoos usually have security cameras. Wonder if there was any footage, even a bystander's video, to see if there was real negligence by the parents. Apparently the mother was holding a baby and had two other kids with her when the boy fell. This gorilla was zoo-born and, at 17, in its prime as a silverback. Anyway I still think the parents were irresponsible. What was the dad doing during this?
He didn't fall in. He declared he would climb in and he did. If you read the detailed news reports, you'd see that from a witness who was standing next to the family.
That makes the incident even worse.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Silverbacks are known to be caregivers for orphaned infants in gorilla societies. I wonder if Harambe thought of the little boy as an orphaned youngster. Hard to tell, but I think the zoo keepers made a difficult but right call.

I am against zoos for the same reason I don't like being incarcerated even if it is in a club fed type of prison.
Would it have treated the boy different had he been white?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:48 am

Bcz they don't look as scary as you.

hahaha..sapna sistah is exotic, and looks very different from others in a crowd  What a Face

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:39 am

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

why?

how would you like it if a more advanced species from a planet far away comes to Earth and decides to take you away with them and puts you in a cage after which the people in the planet come to ogle at you every day?

would you like it if an alien comes over in their flying saucers and decide to eat you? what kinda dumbkopf question is that, must be the douchemun method that carvaka was talking about.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:47 am

I always wondered the following about ppl that say they're compassionate towards animals:

do they also feel the same way about eating animal/fish flesh? and how do they feel about being part of a society that's ever expanding and pushing animals into extinction?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:51 am

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Silverbacks are known to be caregivers for orphaned infants in gorilla societies. I wonder if Harambe thought of the little boy as an orphaned youngster. Hard to tell, but I think the zoo keepers made a difficult but right call.

Isn't that the case already -- the kid on TV news looks whitish and fairer than the parents (in the picture in the link posted earlier in the above)?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Isn't that the case already -- the kid on TV news looks whitish and fairer than the parents (in the picture in the link posted earlier in the above)?
No, I didn't see his picture.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Like Max stated I bet my 2 cents that the mom was yapping away on her cell phone.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Like Max stated I bet my 2 cents that the mom was yapping away on her cell phone.
Exactly!

This can go down as, "How to feel powerful and kill a gorilla".
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:59 am

http://www.janegoodall.org/wp-content/uploads/2796_001.pdf
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:52 am

Hellsangel wrote:http://www.janegoodall.org/wp-content/uploads/2796_001.pdf
Did you get the impression that JG wondered about the likelihood of the gorilla returning the boy unharmed had it not been shot?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:36 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Did you get the impression that JG wondered about the likelihood of the gorilla returning the boy unharmed had it not been shot?
It was an overall bad situation, the gorilla might have harmed the boy even without intending to. The parents were negligent without a doubt. The enclosure was in place since the 70s and this is the first time someone breached it which kind of confirms the witness report that the boy willfully climbed in.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:48 am

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
It was an overall bad situation, the gorilla might have harmed the boy even without intending to. The parents were negligent without a doubt. The enclosure was in place since the 70s and this is the first time someone breached it which kind of confirms the witness report that the boy willfully climbed in.
I agree. The gorilla was the unfortunate casualty.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:37 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

zoo officials also. if they had not acted and the gorilla pulled this kid apart, there would be blacklivesmatter protests and a few customary lootings at this place with al sharpton descending on the zoo demanding why there arent any black tigers and animal handlers. no win situation for the ppl running the place, all because of the stupidity of ppl that shouldnt be having kids.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

zoo officials also. if they had not acted and the gorilla pulled this kid apart, there would be blacklivesmatter protests and a few customary lootings at this place with al sharpton descending on the zoo demanding why there arent any black tigers and animal handlers. no win situation for the ppl running the place, all because of the stupidity of ppl that shouldnt be having kids.
Sadly what you say is true. The zoo officials were in a no-win situation.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:15 am

Killing of the Cincinnati Gorilla  6692ff3d-8c19-422b-a9a2-7b3554bc2e90-original
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:24 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3616453/New-video-footage-Harambe-shows-400-pound-gorilla-HOLDING-HANDS-four-year-old-boy-fell-zoo-enclosure-witnesses-say-animal-acting-protectively.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down