Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why ali refused to fight in vietnam

+2
goodcitizn
ashdoc
6 posters

Go down

why ali refused to fight in vietnam  Empty why ali refused to fight in vietnam

Post by ashdoc Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:23 am

http://alphahistory.com/vietnamwar/muhammad-ali-refuses-to-fight-1967/

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

why ali refused to fight in vietnam  Empty Re: why ali refused to fight in vietnam

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:09 am

Ali also said, "No Vietnamese ever called me a nigger."

Incidentally, I once met Mohammed Ali briefly in an airplane from St. Louis to Louiville. He had Parkinson's so couldn't sign an autograph for me but was good enough to give me a pamphlet on Islam that he had pre-signed. I still have it. RIP Ali. You were the greatest!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

why ali refused to fight in vietnam  Empty Re: why ali refused to fight in vietnam

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:27 am

I remember this song:
https://youtu.be/eqMk-AuTDZE
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I remember this song:
https://youtu.be/eqMk-AuTDZE
Nice!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:01 pm

"Man, I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong. No Viet Cong ever called me nigger." -- ali.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:04 pm

swapna wrote:"Man, I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong. No Viet Cong ever called me nigger." -- ali.

Were you already in the US when this happened? Did you send a handwritten "correction" of that quote and mail it to the newspaper sacrificing 2.5 meals to save up for the postage stamp?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:34 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Ali also said, "No Vietnamese ever called me a nigger."

Incidentally, I once met Mohammed Ali briefly in an airplane from St. Louis to Louiville. He had Parkinson's so couldn't sign an autograph for me but was good enough to give me a pamphlet on Islam that he had pre-signed. I still have it. RIP Ali. You were the greatest!
did you complain to ali about the hindi "imposition" that you were suffering at the hands of the northpeepals?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:42 pm

silvermani wrote:
swapna wrote:"Man, I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong. No Viet Cong ever called me nigger." -- ali.

Were you already in the US when this happened? Did you send a handwritten "correction" of that quote and mail it to the newspaper sacrificing 2.5 meals to save up for the postage stamp?
selvamaNi, you may thank me now. the complete, unsanitized quote is the one above, and that's the one that's appropriate now. no one else had posted it.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:36 pm

swapna wrote:
silvermani wrote:

selvamaNi, you may thank me now. the complete, unsanitized quote is the one above, and that's the one that's appropriate now. no one else had posted it.

yeah, that's when he tapped you in the head and the rest is history What a Face

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:58 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
silvermani wrote:

"on the head,"' not "in the head."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:11 pm

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
silvermani wrote:

"on the head,"' not "in the head."

obviously - as long as you get in your head what it means, that's good enough;)

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:22 am

swapna wrote:

did you complain to ali about the hindi "imposition" that you were suffering at the hands of the northpeepals?
No, I didn't. He'd have punched me for being unfunny. Instead, I told him about the chitchat I had with your nurse Raniammai as to whether she was afraid you might rape her to which she laughed saying that perpendicularity in your case bordered on hilarity and the only thing she was afraid of was that you might 'stiff' her of her wages. And he guffawed.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:13 pm

and also the time when sapna said he wanted a 'coke' in thick malayali accent, that ended up in a shrieking altercation saying that it's not what he wanted, when they gave him a glass of bubbly coke.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:28 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

No, I didn't. He'd have punched me for being unfunny. Instead, I told him about the chitchat I had with your nurse Raniammai as to whether she was afraid you might rape her to which she laughed saying that perpendicularity in your case bordered on hilarity and the only thing she was afraid of was that you might 'stiff' her of her wages. And he guffawed.

சப்பை கேசு, சப்புனு புட்டுக்கிச்சாக்கும் Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down