Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame

3 posters

Go down

Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame Empty Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:35 pm

I am the son of a sportsman, I grew up in England, Bhopal, Pataudi, Delhi and Mumbai, and I am more Indian than any Hindu or Muslim I know because I am both. I wrote this piece not to comment on the masses or the problems of communalism in India and its villages, but because this is an issue that concerns my friends and their families....

It is sad that too much importance is given to religion, and not enough to humanity and love. My children were born Muslim but they live like Hindus (with a pooja ghar at home), and if they wanted to be Buddhist, they would have my blessing. That’s how we were brought up....

I think we should have one law for all Indians, a uniform civil code, and we should all think of ourselves as one nation. All our religions must come later and be by the way. Teach our children about god and his thousand names, but first we must teach them respect and love of their fellow man. That is more important.

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/intermarriage-is-not-jihad-it-is-india/lite/?client=ms-android-motorola

Back to top Go down

Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame Empty Re: Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame

Post by garam_kuta Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame Giphy

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame Empty Re: Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame

Post by silvermani Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Someone like Aditi Rao Hyderi can be talked about as an example of synthesis but not Saif Ali Khan.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:38 pm

silvermani wrote:Someone like Aditi Rao Hyderi can be talked about as an example of synthesis but not Saif Ali Khan.

Why not? Saif's mother was a legendary hindu (bengali) actress, and father a legendary muslim (pathan) cricketer . He is a perfect example of synthesis. Strange that you consider Aditi Rao Hyderi to be an example of synthesis, but not Saif.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:44 pm

garam_kuta wrote:Saif Ali Khan writes on H-M synthesis, and puts the Hindutvas to shame Giphy
The poor kid is named Taimur and there are already so many posts calling it a bad idea. Hopefully, he won't have a tough life growing up while playing with other kids. He should remember that his grandmother and mother are kafirs who voluntarily married monomaniacs. Pataudi was a gentleman. I don't know much about Saif Ali Khan (read news reports that he was sued for behaving like an asshole in a restaurant).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:
silvermani wrote:Someone like Aditi Rao Hyderi can be talked about as an example of synthesis but not Saif Ali Khan.

Why not? Saif's mother was a legendary hindu (bengali) actress, and father a legendary muslim (pathan) cricketer . He is a perfect example of synthesis. Strange that you consider Aditi Rao Hyderi to be an example of synthesis, but not Saif.

Saif's mother converted to Islam. He has a completely Islamic name. His kids have completely Islamic names. He is a perfect example of complete conversion. Aditi OTOH, has a half Hindu, half Muslim name and has both her mother and fathers' last names in her name. Her dad deserves respect for not acting like a typical muslim and obliterating all traces of his daughter's Hindu lineage by naming  her completely Muslim.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:13 pm

silvermani wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Saif's mother converted to Islam. He has a completely Islamic name. His kids have completely Islamic names. He is a perfect example of complete conversion. Aditi OTOH, has a half Hindu, half Muslim name and has both her mother and fathers' last names in her name. Her dad deserves respect for not acting like a typical muslim and obliterating all traces of his daughter's Hindu lineage by naming  her completely Muslim.

valid point. in this respect Shahrukh Khan's son is named Aryan.but you are wrong when u say he is a "perfect example of complete conversion". See this again:

My children were born Muslim but they live like Hindus (with a pooja ghar at home), and if they wanted to be Buddhist, they would have my blessing. That’s how we were brought up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down